Naughty Minx

Dolly

Yes, after wearing "naughty minx" for most of the weekend, it may very well end up being my next full bottle. My sweetheart really liked it.....he smelled two or three of the samples, but said that out of this month's new releases it was his favorite.

When I put it on, while wet, I get mostly tobacco with a touch of sweetness......as it starts to dry down, I get the licorice note, which is so nice and very unusual in a fragrance....very alluring.....then, the darker resinous notes start peeking out......I really like this one! And, my man does also.

Another thing I noticed about this one is that if your man wears Super or UN, this one harmonizes well.....to me there is nothing worse than you and your partner wearing scents that clash.....

A winner in my book!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I DID order a full bottle of this one, per my honey's request. He was happy to hear that a full bottle of this one is winging it's way to me! He loved it.....and so did I......plus, the label art is just tooooo cute!

This one does remind me of UN, the way the anise and tobacco meld in the wet stage is reminiscent of the contrast in the other...mmm!

I enjoy anise, I have several perfumes which feature it, and this one is very nice...all the elements are harmonious around the heart note, so that it doesn't become too pronounced. It creates a nice sensual aura in the drydown with the resins and mosses, and a sort of lingering impression of toasted sugar. Actually, I see this as a unisex blend, I don't think it's too sweet for a guy to wear.

Edited by luna65

• 4 weeks later...

I like this one more each time I wear it.....it is unusual, classy, and sexy.....

I like this more than I thought I would, it has a nice licorice to it that doesn't make me feel sick like sometihng in romeo and juliet did, not sure why that was... it's also quite fresh and not too strong, reminds me aof a rainy day for some reason, but in a good way :blue_dancing_banana: I love the label too, I hope i can get a bottle before it runs out!

• 2 months later...

I gave this a test this morning, after it had sat & blended for a couple months. The first thing I noticed was that it did smell of anise - but not the seeds. It smelled like I had takes a handful of feathery leaves and crushed them. Really green. I was taken aback it was so real.

Then I smelled some dark caramel musk. It actually got a bit funky there for a while. Bitter. That went away and it became musk w/ caramel and some green anise. Not really my thing, but it's a great concept.

• 1 month later...

This was one of those that smells fantastic on me when first applied and even as it's drying. Normally, this is a blend I wouldn't have tried, but I like to sniff the vials and it smelled so good I had to give it a test, despite knowing there are notes in it that tend to not work well with my chemistry. Eh well, you can't blame a gal for trying.

It was a nice musky aroma that wasn't overbearing as some musks can be on me. And the tonka and sugar came out to play and I was hedging my bets that it would be a bottle. Then my skin latched onto the pepper and that was all I could smell once it dried. I waited and sniffed and hoped for the other aromas to come back, but my skin ate them and I was left with pepper. Oh, it's heartbreaking when you really love a scent and then there's one note that for whatever reason takes over and it's the one that's a deal breaker. Oh, my heart was truly broken over this one. Dang my chemistry!

• 1 month later...
I like this one more each time I wear it.....it is unusual, classy, and sexy.....

I totally agree - unusual classy and sexy - the tobaco and anise go so well together - it was a green crisp slightly sweet fruit powdery caramel vanilla smoke bar with a hinty of minty licorice goodness - I really enjoy this

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One from Ms. J! This starts out as black pepper. Peppery pepper, with a little sweetness. Soon mellows out with more sweetness and a bit o anise action. Slightly smoky, not in that obnoxious overpowering way that gets me sometimes, gentle vanilla flavor as well. All in all, a winner, and I may need to seek out a bottle for frequent reapp, as this one seems to meld with my skin quickly.

• 8 months later...

Anise always comes out very sexy on my skin, sexier than your average black licorice, so I knew this one was a winner--and I was right! It's a mixture of equal parts naughty and nice. First you get the sweet "nice" part, like vanilla candy with a hint of licorice, and then the deeper, sexier "naughty part of smoky resins comes in. The tonka is also an undoubtedly sultry component of this. The pepper adds a dash of wickedness but doesn't venture into sneezing territory. Very yummy and suggestive, and kind of reminds me of myself; need to fake "nice" for work and the family but can be very, very naughty... :)

Edited by Invidiana

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have mixed feelings about this blend. It seemed to start out as a sweet tobacco and sugar blend, but then it went a little funky on me for a while. Kind of like a bitter stage happened for a while and then back to a sweet blend again. I have not had luck with perfumes that have had pink peppercorn in them in the past so I wonder if that is the note that turns me off a little. Overall though it is a unique scent that puzzles me on if I want to keep it or move it along.