North Pole 2017

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1418037735_4du0.jpg

Zesty swirls of gingerbread and ginger snaps are made even more delicious with a nut medley including a smooch of almond, then layered with woody notes of oak and acorn, vetiver and mahogany, plus dried leaf accord and a whiff of vanilla tobacco. Spicy, sexy and seductive!

It’s always Christmas at the North Pole! Even within deep drifts of snow and Arctic wind, we know Santa Claus is hard at work creating the magic only he can in this festive season of giving, loving, and celebrating. But we found out Santa smells so yummy Mrs. Claus can hardly keep her hands off him, and so we’ve got his secret for being holly-jolly - which should come in handy for those encounters under the mistletoe...ho ho Oh Yeah!

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

The theme of TIME is so appropriate for this one as well, as the passage of TIME leaves its mark on everything and everyone....

Mara says that EVERY single ingredient in the ORIGINAL North Pole For Men is now EXTINCT!

...But a TRUE potion master doesn't let something small like say, the INGREDIENTS needed to make it stop her :say19:

....so this is a thoroughly new concoction of the same type with NONE of the same ingredients! And while lesser potion masters make things like NEW COKE and NEW A314, I bet in this case... its going to be good!

Today we say our goodbyes to our passed loved ones from time ago such as the Original North Pole For Men.

It seems to me, you lived your life like a candle in the wind...

I would've liked to known you, but I was just a kid... Your candle burned out long before... your legend ever did....

Edited by datadragon

Well, even though Mara couldn't obtain the original ingredients, that's not to say she can't take a crack at the recipe with replacements for those particular notes, which is exactly what she did do. And as I am also a fan of the original I was excited to try this one.

It smells close enough to the original that I am reminded of it, although the almond topnote is one specific difference between this version and the original. But it's that same high concept: sexy gingerbread for men. Just the slightest bit sweet but that sweetness is tempered by the woody aspect, it has a richness and depth to it which I would say automatically steers one's mind to the manly side of the equation. It's robust but not too loud. And that trace of sweetness sort of recedes into the background after a while, it becomes spicy-nutty-woody.

A holiday classic for sure, so anyone who's never tried the original but is tempted, or is looking for a Winter/Holiday kind of scent, you cannot go wrong with letting your instincts point you true North. ;)

Mmmm. I scooped this up for the boy because I adored the original North Pole, and comparing the two, the newer version is a little lighter and sweeter to my nose - perhaps the age of the other one gives it more depth, but they're still delicious.

I could have sworn that I had a bottle of the 2010 version and not just a trial vial... must go hunting for someone with a bottle. But in the meantime, I'm going to convince the boything to wear this so I can nom on him :666:

• 2 weeks later...

But we found out Santa smells so yummy Mrs. Claus can hardly keep her hands off him, and so we’ve got his secret for being holly-jolly - which should come in handy for those encounters under the mistletoe...ho ho Oh Yeah!

Actually... The REAL secret reason Santa is so jolly all the time is because he knows where all the bad girls live ... :Emoticons04277:
But even the NICE girls might end up on the naughty list too if they happen to catch a whiff of Santa or I wearing this along with some of Mara's unscented sexy pheromones.....
I bought a full bottle without a trial first. I also bought an item today on ebay from a chinese seller with ZERO feedback. Yes, I like to live dangerously
And I had even lost my faith before when wide eyed as an innocent child, my mother said that McDonald's was too far away... BUT, she could make me a BETTER burger then McDonalds right at home with her own ingredients!
... Like I said, no worries. But Mara is a TRUE potion master and doesn't even need THE INGREDIENTS to make something good.... And it IS good.
This reminds me of Gingerbread Cookies. Their spice. Their slightly sweet molasses flavor. Their chaming smiles! (Aren't they charming, seriously look at a gingerbread cookie!). Some woods. Almonds. ... Seems to add a 6 pack abs chippendale stripper to their thoughts as well...
I'd send you a sexy sample for xmas, but the mailman told me I had to get out of the mailbox....
Edited by datadragon

Actually... The REAL secret reason Santa is so jolly all the time is because he knows where all the bad girls live ...

I already covered that particular topic in my description for Naughty Naughty! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I've now had a chance to compare this with the original, although the original has aged seven years so it's kind of unfair to compare an aged brew with a new brew but I'll just carry on anyway.

I would say that the primary difference between the two versions is the vetiver is more in front, whereas the original has evolved into a blend where the spices and that touch of sweetness are in the center. So it has slightly more of a unisex vibe whereas the 2017 version is what I would consider masculine all the way.

So I would definitely say that guys need to try this, especially the ones who missed out on the original. But for those guys who loved the original this is close enough that you should love it as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a sniffee of this that I have been wanting to try out.  While my bride thought it smelled nice it wasn’t her favorite due to the ginger note (c’mon, it IS a gingerbread scent, after all!)  I on the other hand found this to be an amazing gingerbread scent and if my bride was more enthusiastic, I would have a full bottle of this in a heartbeat.  I do like that this is a bit vetiver forward and nice and woodsy on the drydown.  Definitely a well crafted winter scent!

Edited by Snoopyace

• 2 weeks later...

Got a sniffie of this and I absolutely adore! Love at first whiff. I get a full blast of almond at first and when that starts to fade, the most deliciously bright gingered woods emerge, like a raging just-lit fire in the morning when the air is still very crisp and cool. It has an internal warmth that feels so very cozy but hints at the cold weather outside, it is just magical and so lovely. This is full bottle stuff for sure, "for my husband" of course, definitely "for my husband".

• 9 months later...

Masculine Christmas spice. This has a bit of a bite to it; something sharp and tangy. North Pole is ginger forward with something deeper underneath that must be the mahogany or oak. There's a crispness that makes the woods smell fresh. Like a walk in the snowy woods with freezing rain biting into your cheeks. The weight of the snow has caused some of the branches to crack, wafting their scent into the air. While you're sweating due to the work, you're still cold and want nothing more than to get somewhere warm so you can unbundle and thaw your hands in front of a crackling fire. With this scent, you're not there quite yet, but you will be, and that thought helps to keep the cold at bay. The long, long dry down is the promise of the warmth as it seeps into your skin.

(Sidenote: just as I've realized I describe everything with sandalwood as smooth, I describe everything with ginger as warm. It's how my brain invariably reads it.)