Re-Brew --- Black Panther

dolphindolls2

AD-DolphinDollsBlackPanther.jpg.b314430b923afb557395abdcc9c67d3e.jpg.a2abafcfc5ed2734610eb6553b2bed79.jpg

Black Panther

Rebrew commissioned by Dolphin Dolls, Label Image by AI, name by Lady V

Lush orchid and juicy plum over sweet vanilla and musk with a dollop of dark and spicy amber attar in the base.

This is my all time favorite brew Potion Master - Mara has ever done.  I have had multiple bottles of this blend over the years and this re-brew is spot on or even better than the orginial.

I get the most hits from this blend and it stays on me forever.  I feel confident and ready to kick ass whenever I wear this....

Orchid is my favorite note and I have purchased every blend that LP has made over the years but I find that Orchid with plum just gives the perfume that extra bit of sophistication. This is elegance in a bottle...

So happy that I have enough of a stash to last me a few years with this re-brew...

The orchid in Carbon Black was too much for me, I can’t even fully explain why. How does the orchid in this compare to that one, if you’re familiar? I’ve seen so much love for this from basically everyone, so I’m really arguing with myself whether I want to try it or not before it sells out and I miss out again! I hate fomo😂

I just re-read the description for Carbon Black and see the “dirty honey” listed, maybe that’s why this one didn’t work for me and it’s not the orchid at all!

@Amanda, I'm not familiar with Carbon Black but I found the orchid in this quite strong in the beginning. I have an orchid whose blooms smell very similar! I wrote about my experience in the original thread if you'd like to read that. It mellowed out a lot though and I'm getting the nice sweetness and tanginess of the plum now. I actually wore this out today just on my arms (and writing this made me refresh it) and it's nice! It also sometimes approaches this bubblegum-like scent to me.

@OnyxThat does sound nice! A bubblegum orchid sounds really cool! I’ve been blaming and avoiding orchid this whole time not realizing it’s probably the dirty honey I’m amping. I know there’s no honey in this. I do think that’s my only experience with orchid so I may have to ignore the pleading of my bank account and give this one a try! It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve argued and it’s lost.😂

• 2 weeks later...

this is gorgeous! Definitely a "dark" fruity floral. it just has that feeling. fruity florals aren't generally my thing because they aren't usually like this. it does feel very lush without being too sweet, and makes me think it'd be perfect for date night. it's sexy but not dirty, and it does feel powerful and classy. I can see how someone would want to live in this. I’ll definitely reach for it when I need people to take me seriously but not forget how hot I am.

also I've gotta ask, does vanilla always last absolutely forever on everyone or is that my skin chemistry? I had forgotten it was even in this blend until I could detect it the next day. I feel like everything I wear eventually fades into its vanilla components no matter what other base notes it has. 🤔

45 minutes ago, RosesArePink said:

🤫  Hey, I haven’t bought a bottle yet, so let’s keep that a secret for just a little bit longer. Payday is coming soon! 💰

😂 I’m hoping to get a bottle too but was waiting for my ‘weenie samples to see what else I wanted. I was really debating but you all have basically twisted my arm into this one and peer pressure has always been my weakness.😂

On 10/15/2023 at 10:56 AM, Amanda said:

😂 I’m hoping to get a bottle too but was waiting for my ‘weenie samples to see what else I wanted. I was really debating but you all have basically twisted my arm into this one and peer pressure has always been my weakness.😂

😈 And my work here is done!  🤔 Actually, I had the exact same plan as you to wait until I put in the Weenies order because you know I’ll have to order something. Or many somethings. 🙃

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2023 at 7:40 AM, asterism said:

also I've gotta ask, does vanilla always last absolutely forever on everyone or is that my skin chemistry? I had forgotten it was even in this blend until I could detect it the next day. I feel like everything I wear eventually fades into its vanilla components no matter what other base notes it has. 🤔

Vanilla does the same for me and it’s why it’s one of my favorite ingredients! I hate to hear people describe it as “basic”. My most favorite long vanilla fade is Sweet Leaf! The maple is almost too much when I first apply but the vanilla is so damn sexy and smokey and lasts through the next day!🥰 The one that fades on me very quickly though, and I have no idea why considering the amount of vanillas it has, is Bayou Musk. It’s the one exception to the lingering vanilla scents.

My black panther should be here tomorrow, I am so excited to finally try it!!

So far this is all plum on me. Tangy, juicy plum. I’ve had it on for a few hours now. I’ll let it rest and try again in a couple days and hopefully the orchid and vanilla will come out to play.🤞🏼I keep trying to compare this to Carbon Black but that’s just because it’s the only other orchid scent I have, I know they’re completely different. Even if this doesn’t evolve on me beyond the plum, it is nice, just not as complex as I was expecting. This is not meant to be a negative review at all! I do like it, I just need to adjust my expectations.😘

So this lasts forever! I applied it very early this morning and I can still smell it. It took awhile for the plum to fade but now I’m getting wafts of the bubblegum orchid @Onyx mentioned. I really like this part of the panther!🐈‍⬛🥰

@dolphindolls2 I think it’s the combination of the vanilla and the orchid maybe? I’m not sure I know what orchid smells like really but the vanilla has an unfamiliar sweetness that reads as soft bubblegum on me. I do wish the plum wasn’t so obvious on me for so long. My chemistry turns it very tangy. I’m so glad you requested a rebrew of this though, I missed out on it the first time around.

• 3 weeks later...

🤷🏻‍♀️ When I first put this one I get a bit of the the bubble gum smell, though, definitely orchid flavored bubble gum. Then it morphs and becomes a bit soapy and then it changes again and becomes something I have trouble describing, but definitely pretty. Glad I took a chance on it! 

• 3 months later...
On 4/14/2024 at 8:02 AM, Eastwood22 said:

@Potion Master I’m putting an order together right now, any bottles of this left in the store perhaps?

I'm sorry, no. The last bottle went last week.

I'll TRY to make some more soon, but I am pretty sure I used the last of one of the really important ingredients. I'll check tho!

On 4/18/2024 at 11:49 PM, Potion Master said:

I'll TRY to make some more soon, but I am pretty sure I used the last of one of the really important ingredients. I'll check tho!

@Potion Master, if you make more of Black Panther, will you post it here?  I've already blown thru one bottle and half way thru my second bottle...thanks much

On 4/18/2024 at 8:49 PM, Potion Master said:

All good! I don’t know if it’s for me, but I love and appreciate @dolphindolls2’s obsession with it and it’s never crossed my path.