New Releases for February 2024 - OCCOs!

I got lavender marshmallow and they’re in little containers. It’s probably an obvious answer but I just thought I’d check…it’s safe to melt them in the container they’re in correct? 

Edited by Amanda
spelling

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/2/2024 at 6:33 PM, Amanda said:

…it’s safe to melt them in the container they’re in correct? 

NO NO NO!!!

You pop them out of the  plastic containers and put the wax into the warmer.

11 hours ago, Potion Master said:

NO NO NO!!!

You pop them out of the  plastic containers and put the wax into the warmer.

Ok thank you! They were the only ones that came in those little condiment containers so I just thought I’d ask first, thanks for clarifying!

On 3/6/2024 at 8:33 AM, Amanda said:

Ok thank you! They were the only ones that came in those little condiment containers so I just thought I’d ask first, thanks for clarifying!

I used those because I ran out of the clamshells, but honestly, I like the cups better. We used to use the cups before the clamshells were invented and became the industry standard. But personally, I prefer them for size - perfect amount, and I also do not like wrestling with wax bricks trying to break off a square - I prefer to just pop one out of a cup.

What do you all prefer?

I

On 3/10/2024 at 12:54 AM, Potion Master said:

I used those because I ran out of the clamshells, but honestly, I like the cups better. We used to use the cups before the clamshells were invented and became the industry standard. But personally, I prefer them for size - perfect amount, and I also do not like wrestling with wax bricks trying to break off a square - I prefer to just pop one out of a cup.

What do you all prefer?

Using your idea I am using a little cup in my car. I put Tropical Frootique  in a small cup and leave it in the sun. A lid can be put on while you are driving or when you get out. Really convenient.  This way I can change when I want and I have very little mess. I have thought about just making holes in the lid but I am not sure how that would work.

Can also use the wax melts in the cup as a drawer freshener and in the closet.

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously, I haven’t been on this forum for quite some time. When I moved, I found back up bottles for my back up bottles, and I really needed to stay away from temptation. Ironically, I just threw my electric wax warmer in the trash two days ago. Like, it’s still out there in the can. My current kitchen is really small, like the amount of counter space one might have in an RV, so it’s been plugged in on the floor in front of a curio cabinet. 
I had finally worked my way through the giant haul of wax I’d gotten from LPMP and @halo0073, and stopped using it before we moved because my daughter loved to play with the melted wax and she would make quite a mess.

I dunno. I think going to get it out of trash would officially make me a hoarder? Maybe better to pick up one that takes votives? Thoughts?