New Releases for February 2024 - OCCOs!

I had a very inexpensive wax melter. It used a tea candle. It got hot , they get very hot. I blew out the candle, touched it to lift it and burned my fingers… 5 blisters 

go to the dollar or the $1.25 store and get one but they get Hot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I thought I was only getting one wax melt, now I got about 7 in my cart. And one of each OCCO too. I'm excited about Kashmir after reading the notes (Nice Zepp reference btw 😉). Also Blue Apple, it sounds so delicious and unique. 

Edited by SmokingViolet

13 hours ago, Amanda said:

Oh my gods, I cannot wait to order…but I have to😭 My new card should be here by Friday, they have no idea what they’re doing to me!!!! *pulling my hair out and screaming* Should I call the bank and politely explain to them what “limited editions” means?!?! LIMITED!😩

Has anyone ever made their own wax melter with a small bowl on top of a candle? I’m wondering how that would work.🤔

:lol:

No! Don't do that! The materials have to be tempered to endure heat, otherwise they can just crack, make a mess and be dangerous. Do not mess around with fire!

12 hours ago, raydee8_love said:

I had a very inexpensive wax melter. It used a tea candle. It got hot , they get very hot. I blew out the candle, touched it to lift it and burned my fingers… 5 blisters 

go to the dollar or the $1.25 store and get one but they get Hot

Listen to RayD8, there are very inexpensive ones to be found. Do not make your own!

So glad everyone is finding this set enchanting! I definitely learned something this go around in the shop. When I presented this set, I just told everyone, THESE ARE ALLLLL FOR SEX. And we never sold so many on a debut night. I think it's because it was all one theme, and maybe I should think about doing them that way in future? Like, these are ALL relaxing pheros in this set? These are ALL work blends? Cuz who wants to have to be rocket scientist to wear perfume? What do you think? Do multitudes of pheros together in a set, or do themes of pheros? Or maybe I should just display them that way, regardless of release date?

@Amanda I’m not sure how well that would work. If you look on Amazon or Etsy there are inexpensive (~$15)  ceramic electric wax warmers there. There are ones for less ($10 and even less) but pay a little bit more for one with the timers and auto shutoff.

***A few years ago, I went FLAME free. Only LED candles and electric wax warmers (and stoves! 🧐) here. Fire scares me. 😶

Edited by RosesArePink

I think we were all waiting for wax melts. I know I was. 
We all need love, so I think a set for love with a subset for “OTHER” maybe just friends coming over, lunch with mom & dad, a clean scent for the office. 
I am excited for this release! 

I love the idea of grouping them in a display or organizing them that way on the website (maybe color coding or something to that effect). Personally, I like to have a selection of friendship/bonding, relaxation, sexy, and work perfumes in most sets.

I do, however, absolutely LOVE when you make the special OCCO collections because they are so versatile and layerable - and I tend to reach for them a lot. I would say more so than the other phero-enhanced perfumes because I don't worry about overapplying. (I'm a phero lightweight, lol.)

Yes, I think for those of us familiar with pheromones it is nice to have a variety for different intentions, and even for new comers if they are grouped and labeled they might think hmmm something in the boudoir sounds nice, oh but here is something for taming tensions I could use that too, and look something to make me feel happy and giddy let’s try one of that one too. At least that’s how I shop lol. I think displaying them that way would probably be very helpful. I can see just sex selling well though, especially sex around Valentine’s Day, so that does sound like a good debut. Or maybe could do fewer pheros per launch and do more launches and have each launch be a theme? So there is still variety in the store.  Pherotine is nice because it makes sure that there are a few options for every Phero you have available. 

Edited by Femmefatale

Thanks for that input everyone!

With the online store, you guys ever use the search engine or the sorting features? You can do it on our site pretty easy, just type in your word - sex, relaxation, etc., and if the word is in there, or the tag is on there, it'll come up. With the store, there's a wall of perfumes and it's likely too confusing. I walked into the shop today and a gal was at the perfume wall, and as I was putting down my purse, she started to leave. I asked if she had any questions, and she said it was all too much and she didn't know where to start. She ended up finally telling me what she was after, scent and intent, and walked out with a bottle of Sensual Harmony, which she loved. I'm working on an app right now, which I started like, I dunno, 15 years ago, but it may actually happen this time, where you can choose your need for the day and it'll tell you what to wear or what to order. Fingers crossed it works out this time!

Ok ok, I’ll wait on the wax melts until I have a proper warmer! Thanks for the warnings, I’m naive enough to have f’d around and found out😂

15 hours ago, Potion Master said:

With the online store, you guys ever use the search engine or the sorting features? You can do it on our site pretty easy, just type in your word - sex, relaxation, etc., and if the word is in there, or the tag is on there, it'll come up. With the store, there's a wall of perfumes and it's likely too confusing. I walked into the shop today and a gal was at the perfume wall, and as I was putting down my purse, she started to leave. I asked if she had any questions, and she said it was all too much and she didn't know where to start. She ended up finally telling me what she was after, scent and intent, and walked out with a bottle of Sensual Harmony, which she loved. I'm working on an app right now, which I started like, I dunno, 15 years ago, but it may actually happen this time, where you can choose your need for the day and it'll tell you what to wear or what to order. Fingers crossed it works out this time!

That app sounds amazing!

I organize my collection at home by using color-coded dots on the bottle tops. Red=cops, Pink=pheroed, Green =spell collection, Yellow=Sugared and Fairy Cakes, no phero/special grouping=untagged. If a perfume falls into more than one category (ex. cops plus phero), I place two colored dots on the cap. After I place the color coded dots, I have them in lipstick containers that hold 36 each and break the pheroed ones down further by which specific phero they contain, so I can search by "need."

I wonder if you sorted by phero in the shop and had the description of each phero's intended use on decorative/informational signs if that would help those who are browsing and uncertain where to start. I think it's easier to search by intent, then narrow down the scent that speaks to you. Just a thought! 🙂

21 hours ago, Potion Master said:

@Potion Master: What you said about the lady's experience reminds me of something I heard again recently, that choice overload could lead people to paralysis and not choosing. I'm glad you were able to help her out! 

I have used the search engine and sorting features in the online store and use search in the forums a lot too. It's been helpful when I want to get similar scents from a certain release (in the online store) because I can easily see the foodie or candy-like scents that I'm interested in.

I also try to research prior releases (here in the forums) to read reviews, paying special attention to comments by anyone who enjoys or avoids certain scents that I do. It actually helps me very much when people also give feedback when a scent did not work for them. For example, if someone says the vanilla is too foodie for them, I become more interested in it. It also gives me a better idea if someone might be amping similar notes.

7 hours ago, Amanda said:

Ok ok, I’ll wait on the wax melts until I have a proper warmer! Thanks for the warnings, I’m naive enough to have f’d around and found out😂

@Amanda! They're also selling the wax/oil warmer kit with the wax melts listing! 🕯️

No I don’t use search. I do it the way we did in the last century. Read each entry, lose my place, keep reading start taking notes. Sniff bottles I already have and wonder Which Vanilla would it be ? For instance is this sweet vanilla or boozy vanilla 
Then I make a list of choices and begin rereading all the entries all over again …

I ordered almost everything. Can’t wait to try all of them!!!

I had a hard time picking wax melts as I don’t know how many of each I need. I need to think again and maybe make another order end Feb-beg.of March

I love the search features and use them all the time on both the website and the forum. An app also sounds useful.

My order came yesterday and I’m melting Peach Berry Tea w/ Treasured Hearts right now. It’s beautiful ❤️ and reminds me of a fruity punch. Can’t wait to try the others! 

@Potion Master: Thank you for the safety information to not burn these on top of a candle or fire! That’s very helpful. Speaking of safety, I have a question about the wax melts: are any/all of them okay to burn around babies or children? Thank you!

4 hours ago, Onyx said:

@Potion Master: Thank you for the safety information to not burn these on top of a candle or fire! That’s very helpful. Speaking of safety, I have a question about the wax melts: are any/all of them okay to burn around babies or children? Thank you!

Always lean towards caution. If you are concerned, then just don't.

The fact is, that anything burned into the air is essentially pollution and potentially harmful to humans and animals. Including the smoke from burning food. Always make sure your space is well ventilated, no matter what you are burning.

3 hours ago, Potion Master said:

I just put the last 2 into the cart.

Would it be possible to reserve 2 for me, please? And if can’t reserve 2 then at least 1?

Im coming up with an order, need some time to think through as my current ‘want list’ is too big

7 hours ago, Mila said:

Would it be possible to reserve 2 for me, please? And if can’t reserve 2 then at least 1?

Im coming up with an order, need some time to think through as my current ‘want list’ is too big

lol, ok, I took them out of the cart. Kimi is holding them for you, so please let us do an invoice when you are ready so we don't get confused, thanks!

Yes, thank you🤗🥰

I’ll apply for the invoice when finalize. I need to massage some numbers in my head and exercise a bit of willpower haha. The Occos are so good and the sale is sooo generous ❤️

11 hours ago, Potion Master said:

lol, ok, I took them out of the cart. Kimi is holding them for you, so please let us do an invoice when you are ready so we don't get confused, thanks!

On 2/16/2024 at 1:45 PM, Potion Master said:

Always lean towards caution. If you are concerned, then just don't.

The fact is, that anything burned into the air is essentially pollution and potentially harmful to humans and animals. Including the smoke from burning food. Always make sure your space is well ventilated, no matter what you are burning.

Thank you so much @Potion Master! I appreciate your reminder about the ventilation too!

You can remelt it as many times as it takes, although the potency will decrease over time.  Then just put the bowl part (or the whole thing if it's ceramic) into the freezer and that will make for easier clean-up of the residue.

The warmer I had for years was similar to this one, I bought it at Michael's.

image.png.416ffdc974620861ba9d8e0e8f5d6dfa.png

With my melts, I use the GU ramekins on an electric warmer (glade), no chipping to swap scents, just have a set of ramekins to rotate as you wish. 

How did I miss the coffee bar levitation one?! 
Now I’m gonna need to order again soon 😂 I’ve gotten this far in life not realising how amazing levitation is!! It works so well for me!!

I use foil cupcake inserts in the ceramic dish to make it really easy to get rid of any bits of left over wax. My grocery stores sell packs of them for only a few dollars and a pack lasts forever (at least for me, because I reuse those too). Also, I do reuse the wax until I can’t smell the scent any more. I’d guess with the pheromone laced ones the pheromones might escape away before the scent is completely gone. 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 hour ago, RosesArePink said:

I need to buy some of those! 

I just bought some on Amazon after seeing @hedgehog's post. They're really cute, reasonably priced, and are a good size. 

These are the ones I got. 🙂

Reusable Silicone Cupcake Baking Cups 24 Pack, 2.75 inch Cups, & Non-stick Muffin Liners for Party Halloween Christmas,6 Rainbow Colors (Pack of 24,Multicolor) https://a.co/d/2O8Z8Ab

On 2/28/2024 at 3:42 PM, Kayla said:

I just bought some on Amazon after seeing @hedgehog's post. They're really cute, reasonably priced, and are a good size. 

Yay, I’m glad it was helpful! The extras are great for actual muffins, too. 😊

On 2/28/2024 at 3:42 PM, Kayla said:

These are the ones I got. 🙂

Reusable Silicone Cupcake Baking Cups 24 Pack, 2.75 inch Cups, & Non-stick Muffin Liners for Party Halloween Christmas,6 Rainbow Colors (Pack of 24,Multicolor) https://a.co/d/2O8Z8Ab

Ooh! Thanks, those really are cute. And yes, actual muffins are great too. 

10 hours ago, hedgehog said:

Yay, I’m glad it was helpful! The extras are great for actual muffins, too. 😊

Before you mentioned it, I had no idea they made reusable muffin liners. This was a new and useful discovery! 🙂

I put a cube of Tropical Frootique w/ Mega watt in my car. I used a. Small plastic container that I got ketchup in from the restaurant. I was thinking it would be perfect and it is! I left the cup in the sun and then moved it while I was driving. Now I am pumped up for work.