Ambrosia's Roses

sultry brunette

combination of 4 different varieties of Roses; with Daffodils, Birds of Paradise, Peony and Tulips

This is beautiful and soft. It smells like dried antique roses with a hint of sunny florals. It is like wearable potpourri. Beautiful and soft. It has great throw. So glad I got a bottle coming.

For me this scent is EXACTLY what I think of when I think of the smell of roses. I open the vial and I can see a long stem rose being lifted to my nose. If you want to smell like REAL roses. This is the scent for you.

This scent does not mesh well with my skin. But I keep my vial around to enjoy the smell of roses. And will eventually begin to use this so my house can smell so good.

• 7 months later...

And again-I detect a very underrated scent here.

The year is 1986. I'm stuck in a Mahogany pew at St. Anne's Church with my grandparents, and the bloody, drawn out Stations of the Cross is droning in my ears by some white clad monotone catholic priest...oh the humanity.

I squirm. Clack my white patent shoes together and chew on my golden brown curls alot. The church itself is beautiful, the smell of censer incense will always take me back to a special time, but this day-I'm seven years old, and its a beauty of a spring morning. As I'm forced drudgingly to move to the next 'station', I keep catching glimpses of the lovely garden in the churchyard; all roses, peonys, lilacs, snapdragons and bluebells, glistening in the morning dew and bright sunglow.....and here I am- seven-in a pinafore and and a stuffy pew, surrounded by old people and old religion.

" Gramma-I gotta tinkle."

"SHHH, Lorien, go take care of your bussiness"

And I do. I remember running down that velvet isle like the devil himself was on my heels straight into the church garden. I smelled all the flowers in turn, but my favotite have always been the roses. They had Pink, Yellow, White, Red... I buried my button nose and rosy child cheeks in those and inhaled as deep as I could.

Then I laid down by the snapdragons and pulled on they're 'lips', rollin around enjoying the garden.

Eventually my great Aunt came out and got frustrated with me for dirtying myself.

Even at seven-"This is my Church" I said. It remains a family joke today as my mother is a heathen as well.

The Scent of Ambrosia's Roses is the early spring morning dew covered scent of the roses from my misbehavior. It is pretty, sweet young and a touch rascally.

Where Musky Dusky is a RED SWOLLEN womans rose-Ambrosia's is the younger relative who refuses to wear her corset...It is a gorgeous floral that takes me back on a very specific scent memory-I would love it anyway-but I REALLY love it for that.

Edited by cheeseburger79

You reminded me of having my 4 year old in a prayer meeting. He kept raining his hand with a prayer request, and the pastor never called on him. He soon tired of the game, and finally announced VERY loudly "Dis is sooo bowring, pwease get me out of hear" I giggled, grabbed him and fled! I was bored too!

HeeHee---We went to a wedding this weeekend in this HUGE old Catholic gothic Cathedral(the building was gorgeous but the service...man-I started nodding off :w00t: )

Ha! Thats the way it is sometimes! I give you props for getting your boy out of there! I'm sure you two had MUCH more fun!! I know my boy, my mom and I did after the wedding service!(We went to an Irish Pub and my mom met my boyfriend-she LOVES him-YAY!)

My next project is to try to figure out how to post pics in my journal-we took some good ones and I wanna show you all my man and my momma!

ps--if you have any tips, i know it's off topic, but i know how to get the pics ON my laptop, just not onto my LP journal...any hints?!

Edited by cheeseburger79

You have to use a photo-hosting/sharing service like Photobucket, flickr, or ImageShack.

Once you upload the photos from your hard drive to your account, then you just cut-and-paste the assigned URL inside the image tags, which looks like this:

[ img ] [ /img ]

(Had to put spaces in there otherwise they don't show up.)

Without those tags it's not going to work. With Photobucket, they do the coding for you and you just copy the string.

Edited by luna65

Luna-you somehow always, and I mean ALWAYS are so extremely helpful to me!

THANK YOU!!!!!!! :w00t:

I actually have a Photobucket account(haven't used it in ages and dont remember my password---but I'll figure it out)...or I'll just get a new account! They have special codes for forums I think too, thats what you were sayin, right?

Yes. I had a lovely weekend, and I'd like to share some pics with you all. Not just of that, but on the shop forum as well when I find a cool product.

Thanks again Luna-you rock the Mic and ya rock the Mic RIGHT!

LOVE LORI

Ps--I've been curious about this forever, are you British or American? Guess I should just look at your liscense plate-duh...it's the way you speak sometimes, if your not British, is your fella? none of my biz, I'm just nosy! :lol:

Ps--I've been curious about this forever, are you British or American? Guess I should just look at your liscense plate-duh...it's the way you speak sometimes, if your not British, is your fella? none of my biz, I'm just nosy! :w00t:

Quince is British born-and-bred, I am merely an Anglofuckerphile.

• 1 year later...

When i applied i got a strong whiff of FRESH ROSE!! It's quite sharp! Almost like your nose is stuck in a bunch of roses!!!

The scent reminds me of the roses my boyfd gave me on our anniversary date :) I think this is the type of scent i will put on after showers :love: It's so fresh! :)

30 mins later- The scent is much more subtle and turned into a perfumy sweet rose scent!! I LOVE! :jumpforjoy::):BananaRow: Glad i got a bottle!! HEHEE!

My helper smelt it and said OOOOO... YOU smell soooo nice!!! :ange: This is the best reaction i got from wearing LPs HEEHEE! So i gave her a 2ml sample bottle of it :)

whoa wah huh? this sounds gorgeous ... was it a PE? GGG? I can't find it...

bumbob, seeing as you are a rose fan, may I suggest Nosfy's Aperitif...it's heavy rose, melted dark chocolate and a whole lotta woman-hear-me-roar sexy gorgeousness.

whoa wah huh? this sounds gorgeous ... was it a PE? GGG? I can't find it...

bumbob, seeing as you are a rose fan, may I suggest Nosfy's Aperitif...it's heavy rose, melted dark chocolate and a whole lotta woman-hear-me-roar sexy gorgeousness.

It's probably a PE coz i can't find it too!! I bought it coz it has roseeee in it :):):)

Thankyou for ur suggestion! :) Is Nosty's Aperitif similar to Deliciously Wicked?

Deliciously Wicked is very honey-heavy to me. Nosfy is ROSES and 88% COCOA CONTENT CHOCOLATE (I love that it's DARK, not milk -- it can stand up to the bold blood red rose).

(Sorry ambrosia for the t/j! :) )

Deliciously Wicked is very honey-heavy to me. Nosfy is ROSES and 88% COCOA CONTENT CHOCOLATE (I love that it's DARK, not milk -- it can stand up to the bold blood red rose).

(Sorry ambrosia for the t/j! :) )

ME LOVE DARK DARK CHOCOLATE :)

• 1 year later...

On wet, this was extremely strong and gave me a headache. It reminded me of the traditional potpourri or an old lady's perfume with a huge throw.The roses stands out prominently. More than an hour later, it mellowed down into a soft rosy scent which is very romantic. I can't decide if I like this scent just yet.

• 2 years later...

I got this in a trial size from the trade boards. It just arrived today. I LOOOOOVE it!!! It's so fresh and rosy and pretty. I love the scent of roses, and this does not disappoint. But you know how some rose scents can seem sort of "heavy?" This one seems lighter somehow. I think it's the other notes softening and lightening it up a bit.

As I said on the "What's Your Potion of the Day?" thread, I woke up feeling really sick this morning, and I wanted something comforting. This was sooo comforting to me. I love it so much. I wish I could get a full bottle. It lasted all day, too. I might wear it to bed, also; I haven't decided yet. I have a lot of pretty new toys to play with tonight.

Seriously, if anyone has a bottle they don't want, I will happily buy it from you. It's one of the nicest rose scents I've come across ever.