Blessed Sacrament

Gale

This is the first absolutely true church incense scent I ever found. It is spot on. The bread is at the fore when this is wet, and then forms a really nice base for the Frankincense and Myrrh (they deserve capital letters). The honey sweetens it a little, but the showstopper is the incense. Wow. I ordered a bottle of this duing the sale, and again, I'm so happy I did!

This is the first absolutely true church incense scent I ever found. It is spot on. The bread is at the fore when this is wet, and then forms a really nice base for the Frankincense and Myrrh (they deserve capital letters). The honey sweetens it a little, but the showstopper is the incense. Wow. I ordered a bottle of this duing the sale, and again, I'm so happy I did!

I love the smell of incense - I think I will definitely have to try this one. Thanks for the review! :)

May

I am a doofus--the review I wrote above was for Sugared Frankincense and Myrrh.

Blessed Sacrament--wonderful in it's own right--smells to me like Phero Girl plus incense and bread. I actually like it better than Phero Girl, because it's a bit less sweet and a bit more grounded.

When I realized my error in reviewing, I put some Sugared Frankincense and Myrrh on one wrist, and Blessed Sacrament on the other just to be sure, and the combination of the two smells even better than either separately. Is this a happy accident? Blessed Sacament is the one I got a bottle of, (abd I'm still happy I did), but now I think I'm going to need Sugared Frankincense and Myrrh.

I am a doofus--the review I wrote above was for Sugared Frankincense and Myrrh.

Blessed Sacrament--wonderful in it's own right--smells to me like Phero Girl plus incense and bread. I actually like it better than Phero Girl, because it's a bit less sweet and a bit more grounded.

When I realized my error in reviewing, I put some Sugared Frankincense and Myrrh on one wrist, and Blessed Sacrament on the other just to be sure, and the combination of the two smells even better than either separately. Is this a happy accident? Blessed Sacament is the one I got a bottle of, (abd I'm still happy I did), but now I think I'm going to need Sugared Frankincense and Myrrh.

I did wonder a bit... but thanks for this because I have been eyeing Sugared Frankincense and Myrrh...

:)

May

• 4 weeks later...
Bread and Wine, smokey resins of Frankincense and Myhrr, and Gold as embodied by golden honey.

Wet: This starts out with a whiff of cake. Not sweet cake, but a dry buttery cake. (Must be the bread, but it is richer than bread to me.) There is also something dirty like old ashes, and the tinies hint of incense.

Drydown: It takes an hour or so, but this settles into a pure, heavy incense.

This scent has a lot of throw, and lasts for a very long time. If you are looking for a less sweet, very powerful incense scent, look no farther. At the end, (after about seven hours,) there's an element of powder which joins the incense, but this may be my skin chemistry.

I never expected to like,never mind LOVE :) this scent..BREAD being listed as a prominent note did not sound too promising. But the idea behind it was appealing.

I forget whether I ordered this as a sample or was it given as a sample in one of my orders but once I decided to try it,there was NO WAY I would be without lots of it. I ordered a bottle immediately.

As noted above, the "bread" note is more of a sweeter,richer bread note..maybe like panettone or that star-shaped Italian holiday bread I can't recall the name of at the moment. The honey note in this is wonderful. (and this is a note that is horrid on me in some other perfumer's formulations.) The incense aspect of the scent is not earthy or headshoppy but definitely ethereal and spiritual in nature.

The wine note in this is not cloying..it is barely detectable to me, to be honest. Maybe that is because I'm used to more highly boozy notes in perfume blends that feature wine as part of the bouquet.

This lasts and lasts on me also...always a notable thing for me since my skin eats scent quickly.

It is a very unusual scent, comforting,peaceful and does indeed evoke higher spiritual feelings for me.

I love this.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very clever fragrance. I was raised as a Catholic so for me the idea of communion fragrances were a little different: wafers not bread; no shared wine but billowing clouds of incense throughout the church. So I was mentally predisposed to think communion = heavy perfume. But this is not like that.

This is much lighter and airier. It is a church with sunlight streaming through the windows rather than a dark, smoke filled gothic church. Unlike blupest the honey note rises to the top on me, there is a little smoke to the back of the perfume, but it does not overpower. The bread is there too, but it is not heavy or yeasty but soft and lifting.

All good stuff. ;)

May

Edited by May

Wet: This starts out with a whiff of cake. Not sweet cake, but a dry buttery cake. (Must be the bread, but it is richer than bread to me.) There is also something dirty like old ashes, and the tinies hint of incense.

Drydown: It takes an hour or so, but this settles into a pure, heavy incense.

This scent has a lot of throw, and lasts for a very long time. If you are looking for a less sweet, very powerful incense scent, look no farther. At the end, (after about seven hours,) there's an element of powder which joins the incense, but this may be my skin chemistry.

I get the same type of impressions from this. More of a cake smell than bread.....soft and sweet.....almost like an old-fashioned pound cake. It settled down on me in about 20 min or so.....it is very very nice. And, serious staying power.....I put it on yesterday afternoon, and could still smell a hint of it this morning.

I get the same type of impressions from this. More of a cake smell than bread.....soft and sweet.....almost like an old-fashioned pound cake. It settled down on me in about 20 min or so.....it is very very nice. And, serious staying power.....I put it on yesterday afternoon, and could still smell a hint of it this morning.

I am wearing this one today, and the more I smell it, the better I like it.....hmmmmm, here goes the squealing credit card again..... :)

• 6 months later...

OK, so I have decided to re-visit some of my older samples, and this is one I turned to.....I can't understand WHY I never did get a full bottle of this one.....

Heady incense, but creamier than sugared Frankincense and Myrrh.....I love this one.....rich and soothing.....ok, I need a bottle.....

Staying power? Oh yeah, absolutely.......

• 3 months later...

:thumb_up11:

I just tried this today and you hit the nail on the head, this is a great scent - one of my faves as i seem to like the tombsy smells as i call them, it smells like a light airy hot cross bun with tons of raisins and currants with a great staying power.

I never expected to like,never mind LOVE ;) this scent..BREAD being listed as a prominent note did not sound too promising. But the idea behind it was appealing.

I forget whether I ordered this as a sample or was it given as a sample in one of my orders but once I decided to try it,there was NO WAY I would be without lots of it. I ordered a bottle immediately.

As noted above, the "bread" note is more of a sweeter,richer bread note..maybe like panettone or that star-shaped Italian holiday bread I can't recall the name of at the moment. The honey note in this is wonderful. (and this is a note that is horrid on me in some other perfumer's formulations.) The incense aspect of the scent is not earthy or headshoppy but definitely ethereal and spiritual in nature.

The wine note in this is not cloying..it is barely detectable to me, to be honest. Maybe that is because I'm used to more highly boozy notes in perfume blends that feature wine as part of the bouquet.

This lasts and lasts on me also...always a notable thing for me since my skin eats scent quickly.

It is a very unusual scent, comforting,peaceful and does indeed evoke higher spiritual feelings for me.

I love this.

For me, I find myself using this scent much the same as I do NOX.....when I need soothing and comforting, it calms me and helps me to relax.

Scent-wise it compares to Hathor on my skin.....rich and creamy.....but smelled side-by-side, Blessed Sacrament is a tad richer smelling, if that makes sense.......

• 2 months later...

Hi Ladies,

this was an extra sample that I received yesterday in my (very first ^_^ !!) order. Rather serendipitous, I never would have thought to order it based on the description. I'm pleasantly surprised at how this smells

Blessed sacrament does smell like bread, in the bottle. Yeasty, warm, a bit cake-like. Almost like you were eating a thick hunk of artisan bread while spritzing a light perfume on yourself. Once I applied it this suggestion immedietly started to dissapate, the yeasty-bread smell faded and the scent became brighter (not cold though) and feminine. Frankincense resins are sharp smelling when burned (i lived in Saudi Arabia for 1/2 my later teens-i have burned enough frankinsence, myhrr and gorgeous sandlewood enough times to qualify as an honorary magi!),this fragrance is well blended, the myhrr & frankincense are there but softened by a dusty, soft incense blend.

After awhile, all the individual notes really got to know one another and the result became a light/soft incense with a smidgen of dryness, round and warm on my skin. There is a mere whisper of the bread, could be what's making it warm.

It doesen't screech at you at all, it's a lovely warm and light fragrance-it holds hands nicely with my body chemistry. Yesterday I overloaded myself with all my new samples ( I now know not to eat and have a couple of vodkas while covered in perfume oils)! One of the first ones i tried was sugared patchouli-i'm new here and haven't figured everything out yet, but so far the sug. patch. was a bit cloyingly sweet on me (duh, sugared, now i know what the 'sugared' does to scents). I'm dissapointed! Like you gals say, perhaps I'll shelve it for awhile and let it age, too bad, it's a bottle.

I put my second order in yesterday and amongst the many vials, I included a sugared honeycomb full bottle; now I'm leery of the sugar component turning the honeycomb into that cloying sweet effect i got with sug. patch. Oh, well, if i don't like it i can always trade with one of you lovelies!

But I digress...to quote my heroines Patsy and Eddie (ABFAB), this scent is absolutely fabulous. I would/will wear it in the daytime as it is so soft and warm.

I LOVE this one. I just did a fortuitous trade with Dolly for a bottle of it. It does have much the same feeling as Hathor, one of my alltime faves, but with a slightly deeper element, and that touch of honey woven throughout.

Perfect for a day when I need a little emotional armor to proof me from the cruel wide world.

I LOVE this one. I just did a fortuitous trade with Dolly for a bottle of it. It does have much the same feeling as Hathor, one of my alltime faves, but with a slightly deeper element, and that touch of honey woven throughout.

Perfect for a day when I need a little emotional armor to proof me from the cruel wide world.

Glad you're enjoying it, Pony! My sweetie will make excellent use of the Super, for sure!

• 4 weeks later...

It could be a sin to have sex in church.

But that is this scent, at least at first!

(Accidental rhyme turned into a snappy review, please hold your applause till the end)

It really does smell sexy! At the onset, I got a sharp whiff of almond. Then I could tell the frank and myrrh were coming on. Now, I could swear there's something elusively bready about this, with honey riding at the back of the caravan. Maybe a drop of wine and certainly an incense overtone. Comforting, suitable to represent in one sense The Comforter. This is pretty cool. If I don't get a bottle, I think I might like to get one for my mother.

• 6 months later...

haha,what ya do in church is your own bussiness.

Like many of you, I dont get regular bread-but I dont get cake either.

You know of 'Challah"(hope I'm spelling it right), its a dense Jewish egg bread that sometimes has cinnamon and rasins in (goodness, I need a spell wizard), anyways, THATS the bread I smell in the topnote of Blessed Sacrement.

I get no wine, just the raisens that I still can't spell.

Then lovely honey and yes, gorgeous, gorgeous temple incense.

Each note takes its turn, and then they all meld together beautifully.

Love this one. Sticky, rich, sweet,smoky and...holy. Well done!

Edit to Add- On the Drydown, the incense and Smoke REALLY comes into the foreground here, in a very lovely fashion. It takes control, where the raisin bread and honey are barely a whisper in the background, Gorgeous.

Edited by cheeseburger79