WAX MELTS!!!!

What kind of phero and scent do you think would be best for selling a house?

I'd say LP Original w/ OW. How can you go wrong with vanilla? & it was a huge hit @ my house party.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How I wish that I could use the phero wax melts. I am afraid to do them with little ones in the house, like they ALWAYS are. So jealous of you guys. I just know a phero'd room would be amazing

I use mine @ night, when the little ones are in bed, or I wait till they're gone.

I go to bed when they do. I am such an early bird. And my kids are NEVER gone. Or it seems like it. LOL

Well that would make it a bit more difficult to use mine, lol.

I'll put these up with the new releases coming up this week.

Adding to the list, this weekend I made:

* Summer Love Sensation w/ Open Windows

* Sugared Resins w/ Treasured Hearts

* Sugared Resins

* Sugared Magi (Frankincense, Myrrh & Fig - a fave of the BF, by special request)

* NOX w/ B2

* NOX

Thinking about a chocolate almond cream kind of scent...thoughts?

I'll put these up with the new releases coming up this week.

Adding to the list, this weekend I made:

* Summer Love Sensation w/ Open Windows

* Sugared Resins w/ Treasured Hearts

* Sugared Resins

* Sugared Magi (Frankincense, Myrrh & Fig - a fave of the BF, by special request)

* NOX w/ B2

* NOX

Thinking about a chocolate almond cream kind of scent...thoughts?

Holy Doo-Dah! :D I loves the list!!! And NOX--Yaaaaay! And a chocolate almond cream thing? Ummm...let's see. Well, YES! Yes, indeed.

Are these going to be available in the cart--or here--soon? :lovebuggy:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Today I made:

* LP Black

* LP Black w/ Perfect Match

Have enough wax to make one more round tonight.

Drove out to the candle supply warehouse today to buy more wax and oils....CLOSED ON MONDAY?!?!?! C'MON! :001_302: ::expletive grumble::

Made it through 40 pounds of wax so far, and am going to go buy another 60 pounds tomorrow.

This is FUN! And I want a good selection for everyone to choose from when we launch them.

:lol:

Today I made:

* LP Black

* LP Black w/ Perfect Match

Have enough wax to make one more round tonight.

Drove out to the candle supply warehouse today to buy more wax and oils....CLOSED ON MONDAY?!?!?! C'MON! :001_302: ::expletive grumble::

Made it through 40 pounds of wax so far, and am going to go buy another 60 pounds tomorrow.

This is FUN! And I want a good selection for everyone to choose from when we launch them.

:lol:

That is *awesome* news!! I'm so glad you enjoy making them, we enjoy not having to use them stingily!

Drove out to the candle supply warehouse today to buy more wax and oils....CLOSED ON MONDAY?!?!?! C'MON! :666: ::expletive grumble::

Would that happen to be Genwax? We once drove 2 hrs. to get there, and got there riiiight before they were supposed to close. They *closed & locked the door in Matt's face* as he tried to go in. We don't go there any more. They were friendlier for a number of years, then got to be not so fun. So, in the mean time, Accu-blend ended up in Pomona, which is much closer to us and seems to like leeetle tiny businesses. Jumping back to Genwax, though, this is funny: I wrote the first half of the description of their Summer Lawn candle scent! They had a customer contest for new scent descriptions, and they combined mine and another person's. I am immortalized. Heee!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Would that happen to be Genwax? We once drove 2 hrs. to get there, and got there riiiight before they were supposed to close. They *closed & locked the door in Matt's face* as he tried to go in. We don't go there any more. They were friendlier for a number of years, then got to be not so fun. So, in the mean time, Accu-blend ended up in Pomona, which is much closer to us and seems to like leeetle tiny businesses. Jumping back to Genwax, though, this is funny: I wrote the first half of the description of their Summer Lawn candle scent! They had a customer contest for new scent descriptions, and they combined mine and another person's. I am immortalized. Heee!

Oh, that's so cool! :thbf54f4bf:

I've never seen the scent descripts, I will have to look. I haven't been to their website...or else I suppose I would have known they were CLOSED ON MONDAYS!

Yes, that's where I go to get the wax...I am NOT paying to ship 20 pound slabs of wax...it's like shipping rocks!

I get a few oils there, but most I get from 3-4 other sources on the net. I will go sniff Summer Lawn when I am there. I think I may have even bought that one a couple of years ago but used it up. I was thinking it was called Fresh Cut Grass or something, but I think yeah, it probably was Summer Lawn.

Oh, I found it! :666:

You're mowing the backyard, all the flowers are in bloom, and a gentle summer breeze is blowing... Remember the lazy days of summer any time of year with this subtle yet fresh scent.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few notes....

I made so many of these, (at least 40 of each) that we are still getting through all the labeling. We're moving as fast as we can, but since we got orders for every single variety we offered, EVERY ONE is first priority, LOL! So please be patient, there's three of us getting thru them as fast as we can.

Note #2, I burned Summer Love Sensation w/ Open Windows in my bedroom last night, and OMG, IT WAS SO AMAZING!!! Normally I like the darker deeper scents best for myself, but went for a lighter mood, and it really was like an instant PARTY feeling. Mood elevating phero, mood elevating scent, just wonderful. Just wanted to mention that it might be good for us to experiment and try different scents or pheros than you normally might, cuz you might be pleasantly surprised, like I was! :lol:

And ALL the scents are so RICH and saturated and lavish smelling. These really came out great!

Just a few notes....

I made so many of these, (at least 40 of each) that we are still getting through all the labeling. We're moving as fast as we can, but since we got orders for every single variety we offered, EVERY ONE is first priority, LOL! So please be patient, there's three of us getting thru them as fast as we can.

Note #2, I burned Summer Love Sensation w/ Open Windows in my bedroom last night, and OMG, IT WAS SO AMAZING!!! Normally I like the darker deeper scents best for myself, but went for a lighter mood, and it really was like an instant PARTY feeling. Mood elevating phero, mood elevating scent, just wonderful. Just wanted to mention that it might be good for us to experiment and try different scents or pheros than you normally might, cuz you might be pleasantly surprised, like I was! :lol:

And ALL the scents are so RICH and saturated and lavish smelling. These really came out great!

I'm so EXCITED about the wax melts!! I normally don't like the foodie, fluffy candles. I like the incensey, resins, sage-y candles, but I ordered rose cookies and some other yummy ones to try them out. Can't wait for them and elephants to arrive!

GAAAHHH!!! I can't decide which ones to order. And I want most of them. Now I want some with OW. And I want one of the elephant warmers, too! Y'all are EBIL ENABLERS! :lol::Hug_emoticon::666::666::666::666: :666: :lol:

P.S. Crookshanks-kitty thinks I should order all of them. He hasn't learned hedonism management yet.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody try the new ones yet??

Right now, burning Water Blossom + Focus to get my butt in gear to make the long list of B&B items and PEs on my list. Fabulous scent, fresh and PRETTY! Wait...what's that...I feel a hint of motivation coming on.... :goldfish5: (Not easy to psych oneself into entering a 100 degree kitchen to work over a hot stove!)

Anyway, actually just wanted to mention a couple of things before I enter the furnace....

* If you have access to an IKEA store, they have the BEST tea lights for the best price. They are double the size of most, and burn steadily for nearly 4 hours (vs the 1-2 hour burn time of the typical). A pack of 100 is only $3.50.

* I ULTRA saturated these wax melts with perfume oil....the standard formula is 1 ounce of oil to 1 pound of wax. I used 3-4 oz of oil per pound of wax. As such, they are OOZING with extra oil, but that's ok, it may not be perfectly pretty, but you get an amazingly rich scent throw with these, and they go STRONG for a full 4 hours - that's why I mentioned the Ikea tea lights. I even burned one Sweet Pumpkin Banana Bread tart for 8 solid hours and it didn't even begin to fade until like hour 7. So the Ikea tea lights are a good match up for these melts, if you want to do a continuous burn. If you are using the average 1 hour tea light, you can probably remelt the same tart 4 times or more.

* I'm sorry there are no more Elephant warmers. :) I tried to get more but my source no longer has any.

I haven't yet...but I did want to say how well they shipped, even to me in the BLAZING AZ SUN/HEAT - no meltage in the metal mailbox! Awesome!

I've been on sleep deprivation - again and have not been up to using pheros (I think all of mine are). But SOOON!

How do you heat *anything* in the 100+ heat??? Grab some ice water, Mara!

I burned an LP PINK + EST in my bedroom last night, and it was.... heavenly. It filled the room with such a gorgeous scent of freshly spun hot pink sugar...like being right next to a cotton candy machine watching it spin your sugary treat. Put me in a very happy mood too. :)

I was just at IKEA on Sat nite, and my BF grabbed some tea lights and said he should get some... DUMMY ME said No- " I bought some delish ones for you already, they are on their way" - thinking that tea lights weren't necessary for the wax melts.. IKEA makes me dizzy, and I can't focus when I go there or Costco.

I was just at IKEA on Sat nite, and my BF grabbed some tea lights and said he should get some... DUMMY ME said No- " I bought some delish ones for you already, they are on their way" - thinking that tea lights weren't necessary for the wax melts.. IKEA makes me dizzy, and I can't focus when I go there or Costco.

Funny enough...I never do this, but yesterday when I packed your box I added a few since you bought the warmers too. So you will have a few Ikea tea lights in your box when you get it today or tomorrow.

Funny enough...I never do this, but yesterday when I packed your box I added a few since you bought the warmers too. So you will have a few Ikea tea lights in your box when you get it today or tomorrow.

Neat!! Thank You!!! Same wavelength channel probably! I can't wait to get home and try them out. I want to try Spa Mint- relax- watch tv and go to sleep. Today is draining me already.

Today I received my lovely package. I LOVE these elephants. Wow what a bargain! Tried Spa Mint w/ tranq I can't keep my eyes open I am so relaxed and sleepy... wish it would have the same effect on Jude, as soon as he drops, I'm going to bed. I can't believe how fast it had an effect on me. Spa Mint with tranq is like pot without the munchies. Plus it's legal and it won't make you fat.

Got my GOODIES today!!! WOOP WOOP! :) LOVE THE SMELL OF AFTER THE RAIN! I haven't burn any of the melts yet, just sniffed them :icecream: OH, IM SO GOING to BURN After the rain on a day that is POURING with rain!! Im sure it will be a WONDERFUL experience :):):) Spa Mint smells different to the previous version.... tho, i have to burn it to really know the difference :D

Question: I have a SMALL bed room. The size fits 2 single beds. I know the wax melts are potent and since I won't be able to cut them.... will it be a good idea to burn them for an hour and stop the fire afterwards? Or i burn the wax melt with my window open?? I don't wanna waste my melts :):P:P heehee :)

Got my GOODIES today!!! WOOP WOOP! :) LOVE THE SMELL OF AFTER THE RAIN! I haven't burn any of the melts yet, just sniffed them :icecream: OH, IM SO GOING to BURN After the rain on a day that is POURING with rain!! Im sure it will be a WONDERFUL experience :):):) Spa Mint smells different to the previous version.... tho, i have to burn it to really know the difference :D

Question: I have a SMALL bed room. The size fits 2 single beds. I know the wax melts are potent and since I won't be able to cut them.... will it be a good idea to burn them for an hour and stop the fire afterwards? Or i burn the wax melt with my window open?? I don't wanna waste my melts :) :):P heehee :)

Bumbob I turned mine off after about an hour or so. It was pretty strong. The Tiara Box ( bedroom) was filled with spa- ness and sleepytime. My room is on the smaller side with enough closet space for a coat and one shoe.. I'm thinking of phero-bombing my sister's bedroom (aka the penthouse suite ) with some Zippy with Anol and not telling her. She is such a grumpy little girl! This stuff is AWESOME! I want to get an electric warmer and bring in some TH at work and phero- blast these bitches into happiness.

Bumbob I turned mine off after about an hour or so. It was pretty strong. The Tiara Box ( bedroom) was filled with spa- ness and sleepytime. My room is on the smaller side with enough closet space for a coat and one shoe.. I'm thinking of phero-bombing my sister's bedroom (aka the penthouse suite ) with some Zippy with Anol and not telling her. She is such a grumpy little girl! This stuff is AWESOME! I want to get an electric warmer and bring in some TH at work and phero- blast these bitches into happiness.

LadyV, you have a way with words. "...for a coat and one shoe," and "...phero-blast the bitches into happiness." HEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :DAnd "Tiara Box..."!!!!!! Yeah, Baby!!!

I've been phero-blasting my kids when they get too bitchy with each other. Our house is small, and open-planned, and cabin fever does happen in summer (our part of the forest has mosquitos that can carry dogs away if they make a group effort, so we only go outside at certain times of the day/night in summer) or when we're snowed-in in winter. Now that the older two are grownup-sized, things can get too noisy and annoying if they're bored and snippy. These new melts have LOTS-O-SCENT and lots-o-phero to go with it, yes?! With the prototype melts, I'll just throw one in the melter and let it ride. With the new ones, I need to turn them off, so to speak, partway through and use them again later! WHOA!

Anyway, the melts with Teddy BB, Open Windows, and Alpha-nol are keeping us from becoming a headline: "BREAKING NEWS IN THE SOUTHLAND! Mountain family spontaneously combusts!" Heh. Another trick is for me to wear something with cops in it. The girls immediately turn into ducklings and follow me around and chat. Like, endlessly. Must strike them as Mommy-juice. Heh again! I'm going to try the new Garlands and Lace melt later today. :icecream:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I've been phero-blasting my kids when they get too bitchy with each other. Our house is small, and open-planned, and cabin fever does happen in summer (our part of the forest has mosquitos that can carry dogs away if they make a group effort, so we only go outside at certain times of the day/night in summer) or when we're snowed-in in winter. Now that the older two are grownup-sized, things can get too noisy and annoying if they're bored and snippy. These new melts have LOTS-O-SCENT and lots-o-phero to go with it, yes?! With the prototype melts, I'll just throw one in the melter and let it ride. With the new ones, I need to turn them off, so to speak, partway through and use them again later! WHOA!

:icecream:

You guys are so twilight over there on your mountain! I love IT! OMG Jude would not go to sleep and I was a zombie. He was giggly and reading his bedtime book. Finally I sang to him and that knocked him out. I think it made his ears bleed. Stuff is very potent. I wonder if it will take out my mom. She needs to not say any words. I'm going to drive by phero blast her. I'm excited/scared to try Sexpionage with weekend with the bf, what if we get so out of hand we eat each other's skin?

OMG, how did I not report on my Rose Cookies w/B2 usage a few weeks ago? I burned just HALF of one, in a room that is about 30' x 15'. It was plenty, and even seeped into the neighboring room. The scent is an absolute dream ... it is exactly what it sounds like: a mellow dark red creamy rose + a crisp sugary cookie. To die for. And the B2 made me not sleepy so much as spacey... super congruent and nom.

I'm excited/scared to try Sexpionage with weekend with the bf, what if we get so out of hand we eat each other's skin?

As long as you don't get down to the bone, skin always grows back. :icecream:

Looking forward to trying the new ones! I've been burning tarts everyday to see how long my tealights last (since I have a new batch), and it seems to be about three hours.

Elizabeth how old are your kids you are using the phero melts on? I desperately want to get some but am afraid to use them with my girls around and they are always around. Mine are 4 and 7 and the 14 yr old step-daughter that I wouldn't worry about. In fact I know the teenager would benefit from them.

Elizabeth how old are your kids you are using the phero melts on? I desperately want to get some but am afraid to use them with my girls around and they are always around. Mine are 4 and 7 and the 14 yr old step-daughter that I wouldn't worry about. In fact I know the teenager would benefit from them.

Halo, I take the attitude that we exude pheromones constantly, so even though these are synthetic, they probably aren't that weird for our bodies. Now, this is coming from me who is a VERY au-naturel kind of gal. I'd rather use essential oils than take pharmaceuticals. I'd much rather grow my own food, although I only get to some of it. We heat our house with a woodstove. Et cetera. I do though, use some caution with the little ones, like you're doing. There are some essential oils you're not supposed to use on wee ones, and I never henna anyone under 6 yrs. old. Recently I made all the kids go outside immediately when I let my wax double boiler pan run dry and we got some *nasty* smoke in the house. Stuff like that.

All that said, I decided not to worry about the pheros with my babies, but they're not super-young. They're 17, 14, and 9. They all respond immediately when the calming pheros waft through the room. The 14-yr-old gets pms relief from the pheros in the melts...and this gives relief to the whole family! Heh. If I *wear* pheros around younger kids when I teach, they respond to them by getting silly or extra helpful. That was with alpha-nol and lace, respectively. One day when my kids were needing to concentrate on schoolwork (we homeschool), I threw on one of the alpha-nol prototype melts, and we were too silly to get our work done! *I* learned a lesson that day!

I guess my way of operating with the pheros is to treat them like incense. I don't saturate my kids with 'em, but I *do* use pheros around them.

P.S. AAAUUUGGH at luna! Now I want to try the Rose Cookies!!!

Edited to remove self-repetition!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

We love them too, and we love you. :P

(I'm saving the Sweet Caramel Apple one for you-know-who. :666: )

*edit*

And my house still smells like cookies! :)

Edited by luna65

Just got into the office part of the studio this morning and decided to light up a Zippity + Alpha Nol. I can feel the effects already. :666: Not a coffee drinker but I love the smell of coffee and the Alpha-Nol sure does create the HAPPY!

I feel so spoiled using these...they feel like such a lavish treat.

Just got into the office part of the studio this morning and decided to light up a Zippity + Alpha Nol. I can feel the effects already. :666: Not a coffee drinker but I love the smell of coffee and the Alpha-Nol sure does create the HAPPY!

I feel so spoiled using these...they feel like such a lavish treat.

So jealous! I was so tempted to bring in Mr Elepahant to the office today and light up~ but am going to wait until I can find a cute electric warmer that I can plug in. Then it's SHOWTIME! I hope I can find one this weekend.

So jealous! I was so tempted to bring in Mr Elepahant to the office today and light up~ but am going to wait until I can find a cute electric warmer that I can plug in. Then it's SHOWTIME! I hope I can find one this weekend.

Hope you can find a better electric one than I did. Mine doesn't get hot enough to melt the tarts. But it may not be the warmer's fault. I broke the bowl when I was taking it out of the box and had to buy a replacement bowl, and it may just be too thick or something.

(I loved those elephants - glad you like them too!)

Hope you can find a better electric one than I did. Mine doesn't get hot enough to melt the tarts. But it may not be the warmer's fault. I broke the bowl when I was taking it out of the box and had to buy a replacement bowl, and it may just be too thick or something.

(I loved those elephants - glad you like them too!)

I'm going to try Illuminations, and Bad, Bath and Beyond. I'll let everyone know if I find one that way we can all pheroblast our work places!

The elephants are beautiful! Very big and well made. I kept the blue one, and I am going to give my bf the rust colored one tonight. It's Sexpionage Friday!