Hi there

AlienChangeling

Hi! I'm a friend of Sylah's! I too came from...elsewhere...and have been looking for a new phero home.

And I see what she means about Nessie... O_o

Not quite sure what to say in my intro post except I think it's a cool site and I already made an order a couple of days ago, lol! I've been lurking ever since. Given...previous experiences, don't expect me to post much. When I do, it'll be to say something's great, or offer a suggestion for something you might not have tried yet, or that I'm looking for.

I saw someone else posting about trying to cover cops, and I have to say that perfectly mirrored my experience with cops. One drop in the cleavage and I nearly tossed my cookies. Iergh. :kyrii_maraquan_action: And I could NOT get it covered up. Husband didn't seem to notice anything but I felt like I reeked of dirty bottom the rest of the day. And no reactions, either. Despite enduring it several times. I did reach the conclusion that it wasn't enough, but I have NOT had the bravery to try putting any more of the stuff on me, lest I smell like the medieval unwashed barmaid... O_o

Like Sylah, I like the more incense/spice/almost-but-not-quite-masculine fragrances. Not so much into food. And am often allergic to most florals. I do have a perfume I adore already that is perfect, so we shall see. I may end up getting unscented pheros, or I may find something that blends nicely with what I already have - or I may find something I like even better.

I lean toward having a signature fragrance, though. Once I find something I like, I don't change it often, certainly not every day something different. I used to wear Obsession, and my body chem did something to it, made it unique from the way it smelled on anyone else. I had a couple guys remark they could recognize me around a corner by the faint smell of the fragrance.

Looking forward to my first order, which was the Cougar Potion fragrance! Sounds like something I'll like, that'll blend nicely with my regular perfume!

I lean toward having a signature fragrance, though. Once I find something I like, I don't change it often, certainly not every day something different.

WELCOME AlienChangeling!!!!!!!!!! :(:D:D You know I used to think that i lean towards ONE signature fragrance before joining LP!! NOW... I have a draw full of different fabulous perfumes by LP!!!! XD It's TOO HARD to stick with one coz every perfume here is so wonderfully made... YOU JUST WANT THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!! XD It's an addiction!!!!!!!! :wub: You will have a great time here and welcome again to the LP family! :o:D:D

Welcome! A lot of people come for the pheros and fall in love with the scents and vice versa. I hope you enjoy your time here. If you are into pheros, don't miss the tarts...very good way to try pheros out without a big commitment.

Welcome here ,AC :Hug_emoticon: ...HAH!, I think I said something about a signature scent in my first few posts,I even made a topic of it in my journal :Hug_emoticon:

Cougar Potion was my first purchase here too,and was also my first phero experience !!! ...now I have it in several forms and scents,it is a favorite :)

:kyrii_green_jump: I've been going through all the various scents! They sound yummy for the most part...but most of them aren't scents I would pick for myself. I have a strange body chemistry (I have to wear tarnish-free silver or gold - or rarely platinum - or I flatly eat the finish off the jewelry) and just 'cause it smells good in the bottle doesn't mean it will on me. I've had stuff turn NASTY-bad on me. That's why I find I tend to stick to the oriental/men's-type/incense fragrances - they usually don't turn. Florals make me stuff up and sweet tends to turn. :)

Anyway, as soon as my Cougar Potion arrives, I'll be trying it out, and I'll let y'all know! Meantime, recommendations of other scents in the sort I'm talking about would be appreciated. I'm not sure if I found 'em all. And I'm willing to try out what is normally a guy's fragrance too. I know with my chem, it won't smell the same.

Did you get the Cougar Potion or Stone Cougar? They are two different things. Cougar potion is a scent enhanced with the Cougar phero. Stone cougar is just the unscented phero.

How rude of me-WELCOME to the boards!! Lurker or no, you will like it here. Very welcoming place.

I go for the spicy, resinous scents too. Florals turn wonky on me and citrus/fruity are no good either usually. But I have found that it's good to keep an open mind. I have some pink scents that I LOVE and Cuddle Bunny morphs into something wonderful on me (the fragrance that is) but had I just smelled it in the bottle I would have passed it by.

Check out the trade threads too and this allows yout to try LOTS of sample and sniffee sizes for much less. (it's here:)

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=25

My Cougar Potion (fragrance) came in today and I just tried it on! VERY grapefruity. FRESH grapefruit. Not my usual scent choice but I like citrus and I think it will blend with my usual scent (which has neroli in it) quite nicely. I'm sitting here sniffing myself, lol. There's something under the grapefruit which I haven't identified yet. Mm, maybe something musky? Very light though, if it is.

All right, Nessie, I can't stand it! Here! Make your appearance! :party:

Scented Cougar might well grow on you the way it did on me :party:

Not my usual type of fragrance either, but it is so uplifting, refreshing and perfectly matched with the phero that it has become one of my go-to staples.

ETA: I just read your review, and it does look like you're quite liking Cougar already! Isn't it wonderfully sparkly and bubbly?

Edited by Ishtar

Scented Cougar might well grow on you the way it did on me :party:

Not my usual type of fragrance either, but it is so uplifting, refreshing and perfectly matched with the phero that it has become one of my go-to staples.

ETA: I just read your review, and it does look like you're quite liking Cougar already! Isn't it wonderfully sparkly and bubbly?

;):)

Yeah, I could get used to the fragrance! I'm not sure it's heavy enough to cover any additional cops, though, like I read in the review thread. We shall see.

Thank you! Yes, more and more I am finding I am addicted to the forum and the whole explorational process of scents and pheros, in a way I never have been before!

Hi Honey, just a little note to say: I know you! And add my welcome to the other wonderful vixens' on here. Couldn't let that op go by, now, could I?

Check out my avatar lol - remember that?

Edited by Sylah

:kyrii_green_jump: I've been going through all the various scents! They sound yummy for the most part...but most of them aren't scents I would pick for myself. I have a strange body chemistry (I have to wear tarnish-free silver or gold - or rarely platinum - or I flatly eat the finish off the jewelry) and just 'cause it smells good in the bottle doesn't mean it will on me. I've had stuff turn NASTY-bad on me. That's why I find I tend to stick to the oriental/men's-type/incense fragrances - they usually don't turn. Florals make me stuff up and sweet tends to turn. :Hug_emoticon:

Anyway, as soon as my Cougar Potion arrives, I'll be trying it out, and I'll let y'all know! Meantime, recommendations of other scents in the sort I'm talking about would be appreciated. I'm not sure if I found 'em all. And I'm willing to try out what is normally a guy's fragrance too. I know with my chem, it won't smell the same.

Hon, you know how I felt about fruit and florals; but I'm wearing the Blueberry Bomb and now I have to confess that it smells amazing! I love it. I kinda liked it in the bottle, when I put it on I went OMG - sickly sweet; then after about 10 mins - it smells AWESOME!!! It's such a novel scent on me, I can't stop sniffing myself! This has opened a whole 'nother arena for me. BECAUSE traditional floral and gourmand smells usually just get horribly, nauseatingly rotten/sweet on me. Sorry ladies - that's what I was trying NOT to say in my intro post. True though.

But not anymore! If Blueberry smells this good on me - I'm charging ahead with trying all of the samples I have because I have found perfumes that make them smell like fragrances - not food scraps that I dropped on myself! Try a sample vial. Honestly I thought I was going to have to scrub myself when I realized I put a fruit scent on!

PS I really want to know where all you vixens source the wonderful avatars you all have. Btw, AlienChangeling, I love yours too! I used to have a regular view of that.

Edited by Sylah

Well, when I ordered the fragranced Cougar Potion I got several little trial vials with it. Last night I tried one called Seven Tears and I just fell in love with it! It reminded me of my grandmother when I was very small (which is NOT a bad thing btw) and it was because it had a floral note in it. I looked it up a bit ago and it was daffodil, which is why I was associating it with my grandmother in the springtime (she had a LOAD of daffodils that bloomed along her walkway)! I dabbed some on my throat and my wrists and went to bed thinking good thoughts.

Unfortunately the floral issues I have (whether in perfumes or in the real thing) reared its head in the night and I woke up all congested and stuffed up. :Hug_emoticon: So lovely though they may be, florals are still not for me.

*glomples Sylah*

Edited by AlienChangeling

Well, when I ordered the fragranced Cougar Potion I got several little trial vials with it. Last night I tried one called Seven Tears and I just fell in love with it! It reminded me of my grandmother when I was very small (which is NOT a bad thing btw) and it was because it had a floral note in it. I looked it up a bit ago and it was daffodil, which is why I was associating it with my grandmother in the springtime (she had a LOAD of daffodils that bloomed along her walkway)! I dabbed some on my throat and my wrists and went to bed thinking good thoughts.

Unfortunately the floral issues I have (whether in perfumes or in the real thing) reared its head in the night and I woke up all congested and stuffed up. :) So lovely though they may be, florals are still not for me.

*glomples Sylah*

Well, that just sux. I'm feeling bad for you. Maybe you could wear the ones you really love and make sure to remove before you get to critical timing? Would that just be too much hassle?

Thank you, Cherie.

And don't worry about it, Sylah. That's what the little trial bottles are for. I'll keep that one and endure the stuffies for the sake of remembering my grandmother; I'll just have to do as you say and either sniff from the bottle or wipe it off before i get too stuffed up.

And try to avoid florals.