Should I convert to spray?

I made my original order with an eye to testing out various pheremones prior to an upcoming divorce mediation. I then joined the forum because I needed advice on which ones would be best. So far I've tested out SWS, MLH and OW and I've just ordered LFM. I've tested out a bunch of fragrances too, of course :)

When I made my original order I went for oils. I didn't want to run the risk of blasting anyone! Also, we're heading into summer here where I live, which is typically hot and sticky so I figured oils were the best. But now I'm wondering... I haven't been getting huge effects on any of the pheros I've tried yet. I get self effects, and that's nice, but I think I'm looking for a bit more. However, I can't be sure whether this is just the solitary nature of my day. I work at a university and most people are gone for the summer. I spend a lot of the day in my office by myself, and while I obviously do go out in public I haven't really noticed anything as yet. The only person who really comes into my personal space is my daughter, who is three. I try not to wear the pheros around her but I think they may linger at the end of the day when I pick her up. I have noticed that she's a big cuddlier than usual lately and also that she's better at listening to me. But this may be coincidence as it's also happened when I'm not wearing anything (unless you count what might still be clinging to my bra from the previous wear, if I didn't wash it).

This upcoming mediation is probably going to happen in a couple of smallish breakout rooms in a law office. It will be air conditioned. Do you think that under those circumstances I should just use a slightly heavier dose of the oil or will I get better effects if I buy some perfumer's alcohol and convert it to a spray?

Good to know. Is the ratio of LP UN pheros to alcohol in spray form the same as the ratio of LP perfume oils to alcohol in spray form? As in, can I go to the Art Fire site and pick up a couple of the DIY pre-loaded atomizers with pipettes and just do it that way, or do I have to do more complicated mixing and measuring?

I converted 5 fbs to sprays utilizing Everclear and some atomizers I bought online, and really, I wish I had stuck with the roller balls.

The problem is not the Everclear, that works just fine and dissipates within a few seconds. The problem is that I have since discovered I am a phero lightweight and now, when I spray my Cuddle Bunny boosted Atomic Mandarin (which I love love love!!!! it's hard to not wear it every day!) or spritz myself with my Lace (also a triple love with this one!) or any of the others -- I get a full blast of scent-and-phero right in my nose which hits my sinuses and then gives me self effects that i don't really like. With Lace, my eyes become bloodshot and glassy -- yes, I live in Colorado and no I have not been smoking anything! lol!-- and I feel spacey and grouchy instead of perky and feminine.

I try not to blast too close to my face, but I love wearing perfume on my shoulders and my cleavage. I've even tried spritzing and then immediately walking, in order to get on the other side of the perfume cloud.

Also, it does not help the situation that i love the scent of AtMan, and now, due to the phero addition, I can't wear as much of it as I would like to. Argh, I really wish I had known to have this boosted with only half a shot -- although, the 1/3 strength of both Cuddle Bunny and Lace (that i trialed in scented Cuddle Bunny and White Gypsum), was really more than enough phero. Awesome self effects with that doseage.

For me, from now on, if I do convert to spray it will be of unboosted scents only -- all pheros will remain in oil and sport a roller ball delivery system. :)

When I use a spray that has a good dose of cops in it, I point the spray at my chest then point down a bit so I don't get it on my upper neck ect. I learned the hard way with Audacious to make sure it didn't go to far up like on your mouth :P

For shoulders, I spray a good blast or more close to the Wrist skin, so it's a bit wet and split between wrists then wipe on shoulders.

I bet AM is a pretty good cop/ phero cover. I use Purple Puff with no problem. :)

As far as if you should go spray in general, that's got to be your own preference. All the general rules for distance ect mentioned up thread apply but ultimately it's all your preference. If I were to make sprays I might just do a small bottle. Then keep the rest of the oil as is to compare and see which I reach for more often. This would apply even more to the sexier mones/cops because you sometimes may not want to share with everyone in the room. ;)

Edited by StacyK

You know I've never really paid much attention to the phenomena before, but now I think of it, when I use spray phero-scents (and I have a lot of these) I'm more inclined to end up feeling exhausted later on than with the oils. I'm sure that, like you Cougarific, I'm getting a snootful.

When I use spray pheros, any blend, I actually hold my breath or at the least try not to inhale at spray time. I learned the hard way with my Cougar spray that accidentally inhaling the pheros when applying can be counter productive.

I got the worst headache a couple of times from Cougar then I realized I had accidentally inhaled while applying. I don't spray with abandon either.

With Cougar I have a spray and oil. So use the oil on pluse points. With any phero spray I spray carefully and with purpose. I rarely spray pheros on my neck, I use oils there when I can and the blends I do spray I generally follow my own rules...

they don't have cops

I spray a controlled amount close to the skin

I don't inhale at that moment

Edited by StacyK

• 5 months later...

So now that I got my Unscented goodies :delivery::w00t::thumbup::woohoonaner2gy: ,
I am looking to convert some of them to spray - there is no way I will convince my sweetheart to use the dropper bottles... I was wondering how Everclear worked for those who have tried it? I can get it in the state I live in.

So now that I got my Unscented goodies :delivery::w00t::thumbup::woohoonaner2gy: ,

I am looking to convert some of them to spray - there is no way I will convince my sweetheart to use the dropper bottles... I was wondering how Everclear worked for those who have tried it? I can get it in the state I live in.

I used Everclear to convert my oils to sprays and it worked just fine. :)

You can use Vodka or Perfumers Alcohol is easy to get. Just make sure your ratios are good.

Do y'all have a place online where you typically buy difft types of atomizers, converter bottles or whatever? I've been looking around bc I think I want glass and/or different color options, but wasn't sure if there was a place anyone recommended.

Etsy seems to have a few, but I don't need 500 of anything, nor am I looking for a $100 decanter. Feel like the options are semi-limited but I also think maybe I'm not looking enough.

I have a few purse atomizers I've bought here & there from Amazon. My fav are the type with the glass inserts, they have different colored covers or cases.

I usually use my Un spray pheros that I will mix with the oil scents. I like that they are small & pottable and I don't use all the phero spray or sent oil so there are plenty of leftovers. :)

Do y'all have a place online where you typically buy difft types of atomizers, converter bottles or whatever? I've been looking around bc I think I want glass and/or different color options, but wasn't sure if there was a place anyone recommended.

Etsy seems to have a few, but I don't need 500 of anything, nor am I looking for a $100 decanter. Feel like the options are semi-limited but I also think maybe I'm not looking enough.

This site has the glass atomizers. http://www.abundanthealth4u.com/default.asp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just made sprays for the first time. Messing with the experts' hard work makes me feel a bit like I've just done one of these, though:

Naamloos-1.png

I made small bottles of Un Leather and Gotcha! and a slightly larger (still travel-sized) bottle of Cougar to see if it works for me more consistently as a spray.

Edited by donsie

Guest cutie.pie

I just made sprays for the first time. Messing with the experts' hard work makes me feel a bit like I've just done one of these, though:

Naamloos-1.png

I made small bottles of Un Leather and Gotcha! and a slightly larger (still travel-sized) bottle of Cougar to see if it works for me more consistently as a spray.

:rofl222: :rofl222: :rofl222:

I know how you feel. So far I've converted some of my Glamour Puss into spray, but I'm afraid to do the same with my UN phero trials.

:rofl222: :rofl222: :rofl222:

I know how you feel. So far I've converted some of my Glamour Puss into spray, but I'm afraid to do the same with my UN phero trials.

I'm not too worried about the Cougar because I was already having some trouble with it, so the conversion in this case was done with the hope of improving things. As for the others, I made small enough sprays so that I still have some of the oil left; if everything goes wrong with the Un sprays at least I'll have a portion of the unadulterated trials to use.

Edited by donsie

I felt so nervous when I first started converting things to spray form. But if you're using proper perfumer's alcohol, and using the correct ratios for everything then it should all be fine and dandy. I always use glass bottles as well, because some of the plastic ones will leak, and I don't trust them as much to keep the goodies fresh.

It's really a lot of fun to make your own sprays when you get the hang of it. I've converted around 20 things so far. Have fun with it!

Thanks for chiming in Vladmyra! That's very encouraging. I have mostly done as you've discussed... my arithmetic is not always trustworthy, though!

ETA: I tried the Cougar first and my initial observations are that it smells quite different in this form (pinker, more sparkly-feeling musk, more sugar) and is possibly having causing some self-effects. Feeling more confident, more 'up'.

Edited by donsie

Yep, It's amazing how different the spray and oil forms can smell. I have quite a few things in both oil and spray, and often the spray will lighten the deeper aspects of a scent. LP Pink spray, for example, smells less deeply pink, more of a pastel pink with a hint of citrus and sparkly zing, like a glamour potion scent. And LP Original seems to present the full spectrum of its "scentual" body more quickly, rather than revealing itself over time. I usually don't convert really deep and heavy scents though, because they smell smoother and better in oil form.

I've always used the 1/3 perfume oil to 2/3 perfumer's alcohol ratio, but have noticed that some of the stronger scents could successfully be lightened a bit more if desired by making the oil maybe 1/4 of the final blend. This is because the spray form increases scent projection, so a strong scent can actually seem stronger sometimes than in oil form.

As for pheros (particularly the UNs), I have many in spray form, and really prefer all the non-cops or minimal cops blends this way. But on the downside, when I wear the sprays they often exhaust me after a few hours. I don't notice many self-effects, just this overwhelming tiredness later on, whether they're a-nol heavy or not. DHEAS seems to be particularly good at making me crash. Just to warn you.

ETA: For the final chapter in my novel, lol, I'll just warn you that after converting to spray some perfumes and scented phero blends don't smell "right" for at least a week. At first with some of them the scent seems largely dead or overly subtle, even after a couple of days and some good shaking. But leave them longer, and the ingredients meld properly and they come back to life.

Edited by vladmyra

Yep, It's amazing how different the spray and oil forms can smell. I have quite a few things in both oil and spray, and often the spray will lighten the deeper aspects of a scent. LP Pink spray, for example, smells less deeply pink, more of a pastel pink with a hint of citrus and sparkly zing, like a glamour potion scent. And LP Original seems to present the full spectrum of its "scentual" body more quickly, rather than revealing itself over time. I usually don't convert really deep and heavy scents though, because they smell smoother and better in oil form.

I've always used the 1/3 perfume oil to 2/3 perfumer's alcohol ratio, but have noticed that some of the stronger scents could successfully be lightened a bit more if desired by making the oil maybe 1/4 of the final blend. This is because the spray form increases scent projection, so a strong scent can actually seem stronger sometimes than in oil form.

As for pheros (particularly the UNs), I have many in spray form, and really prefer all the non-cops or minimal cops blends this way. But on the downside, when I wear the sprays they often exhaust me after a few hours. I don't notice many self-effects, just this overwhelming tiredness later on, whether they're a-nol heavy or not. DHEAS seems to be particularly good at making me crash. Just to warn you.

ETA: For the final chapter in my novel, lol, I'll just warn you that after converting to spray some perfumes and scented phero blends don't smell "right" for at least a week. At first with some of them the scent seems largely dead or overly subtle, even after a couple of days and some good shaking. But leave them longer, and the ingredients meld properly and they come back to life.

I think the change to spray was great for Cougar because, as you say, it lightened things. I had found the musk a bit heavy and cloying sometimes (especially if I had a hormonal headache coming on) rather than sparkly sometimes. No more! And I agree that I can't see a heavier foody scent working quite as well... but there's always a chance. You make an interesting point about strong scents and diffusion/projection making them actually seem stronger in spray. I'll keep that in mind.

I can certainly feel the temptation to convert the socials/lightly sexy socials pretty much universally! I will try not to inhale the fog so I don't bomb myself! And remember to let the converted sprays have a rest if they seem off at first.

Maybe a novel, but a very useful one!

vladmyra,

thanks for the notice that some blends don't smell right for the first week after blending. This could explain why my simple mixing of 1/2 Feral in oil with 1/2 Totem:Tiger in oil was completely "meh" right afterwards. I was afraid I had ruined it by following my intuition on this combo, but there was no way I was throwing it out so I labeled my new bottle and set it aside. 2 weeks later...it's all there, the vanilla from the one and the cinnamon goodness from the other. Made me a happy camper.

So glad that worked out for you Androstenol. When I first started experimenting I scented a small UN spray with a mix of Caramel Musk and Highland Fling, because I'd successfully used the 2 spray scents at the same time. The result did not smell attractive. I set it aside for months, tested it recently, and it's perfection!