QG's The Garage

I wanted a scent that is evocative of a garage. These are the notes I was thinking of (with help from the ladies). I am not sure which notes are actually in there but i suspect all or most.

Leather

Touch of Motor Oil (like Steamy Daydreams)

Touch of Cement (like Ectoplasm) Thanks Luna! - Or it would have to be very light

Touch of Tobacco

Musk (resinous black or vintage - thanks Luna!)

Steel or iron note

Perfect is all I can say. I get a musk, a slightly soapy scent, and a slight hint of motor oil when wet. Once it dries down there is a very pleasant musk with a slight hint of the oil. But mostly it just blends in perfectly to my skin. It is like me but a better smelling version. If a great cologne highlights you and not the cologne itself, then this scent is perfect on my skin.

When you combine the perfection of this scent with that of Sandy Bottom (another scent I came up with in conjunction with Mara and the ladies here), I cannot be anything but a HUGE believer in Mara and her magic.

I got my package today and I LOOOOOVE this. This reminds me of brand new car with leather seats straight off the showroom floor and put into a bottle!! QG, I hope that you will take this as the compliment I mean it to be - I plan on putting this on cotton balls and putting in my car. I want my car to smell like this all the time. :hearts0425: This is exactly how I pictured it would smell and better!

BB, to me it's smells masculine but the notes combined are just this sexy combo.

It just melds into my skin. It is almost like an "invisible" cologne - you smell like you only better. Just like the right pheromone dosing makes you even more you. I do not get any leather after dry down but that is okay with me.

SW: I am glad you like it!

• 1 month later...

Mara gave me a sniffie of this because I was curious - the clean leather aura it has is nice, with hints of the musk and the concrete/steel. Then I had Quince smell it and he said, "It's like Hounds," and then I said, "Ah ha!" because the leather had been reminding me of something and at first I thought it was Ares. But although it may not be the same leather accord as in Release the Hounds, there's a similar sort of "new" feeling to it, I think, that combo of leather and musk. It also reminds me just a wee bit of Alternative Breeding's Bulletproof, but not entirely. It's the kind of scent which is perfect for a guy because it is subtle and clean while also being entirely masculine.

I am glad both of you like it!! Despite what I said earlier - after wearing it for a few weeks on a very regular basis, I do get a slight hint of the leather after drydown. And I think your description of subtle and clean while masculine is perfect.

I love this one.

ETA: Fair Warning: If no one gets the last bottle by my next order, it is mine!!

Edited by quietguy

• 4 weeks later...

This was great when I first tried it and it just gets better. I love the smell of gasoline and since I first discovered LPMP I've been waiting for a grease monkey scent. The cement gives a cool temperature aura, I don't get a strong leather scent more a background buzz that leather sets off, but like a fiend I snuff the life outta the motor oil note lol! Excellent unique creation QG.

• 1 year later...

With Age the leather note has become the most pronounced. I got the idea for a rubber note from a sample of Bvlgari Black that has a very pronounced rubber note while wet.

Bvlgari Black was the one scent that I could not bear on my skin. Exactly because of that rubber and petroleum note.

It was long ago so my tastes may have changed, but I remember it very vividly to this day. I ran to scrub it off!

A touch of rubber may be interesting in this context.

And if I'll smell it on said friend and it'll turn me off, I will be very grateful to you QG for saving my marriage (kidding). :D

Rubber seems like a scent to use with extreme caution. It is a very strong scent and could easily take over the while thing. Plus it is one of those that people are going to love or hate with no in between. Just my humble two cents. :)

And if I'll smell it on said friend and it'll turn me off, I will be very grateful to you QG for saving my marriage (kidding). :D

Anything I can do to help lol!! :D

Rubber seems like a scent to use with extreme caution. It is a very strong scent and could easily take over the while thing.

You are right - I would look for just a touch of a background note - I do not think I would want even as much as Bvlgari Black - the rubber not is right on the edge of too much - and that is obviously already too much for some people.