Pink Elf

Beccah

AD-PinkElf_1.jpg

Pink Elf

In our tradition of Thinking Pink for the holidays, we present a pinkalicious take on gingerbread: a scrumptious trio of gingerbread oils blended with rich butter and cake-like vanilla, given the sparkle of a fairy’s blessing of magical pink sugars, and slathered with thick rich buttercream. But to protect you against the ravenous cravings which will erupt when the world gets a whiff, we’ve made this perfectly perfumed with a base of gooey sweet amber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power.

Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
PINK BERRY SUGAR ~
Attractslove
, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

I was excited for this because I wanted pink gingerbread to go with the pink eggnog of Merry! In the vial this is a yummy gingerbread. On me, it's somewhat more akin to Drac's Pink Pumpkin Witch - pink spicy cake. And that's just fine with me; as it dries down I get more of the gingerbread again. I'm not really a pink sort of girl, but this is the kind of pink scent I love!

This is a thick dense opaque creamy pink. It's this color: SSA599082.jpg. It reminded me a lot of something else but I can't place it...maybe Sinister Pink? It gets sweeter and sweeter through drydown, and in late drydown it's mellow spice and cream, very little pink left. A delightful morph.

Very very very pink cake! I can't pick out the ginger, but as it dries down, it gets spicier on me, as others have mentioned. I am getting visions of gorgeously iced gingerbread houses!

ETA: Whoa! Suddenly shift and now it's PINK COCONUT CAKE. No spice. Pink, and I swear, mounds of coconut! I kind of can't stand how delicious this is. Usually the pink cake things go a little papery and sad on my skin after fifteen minutes. This one has bloomed like nobody's business, and it's rich and luscious beyond words.

Edited by Blackcat

OH.MY.GOSH. Right out of the vial my eyes rolled back. But I thought, hmm, berry. Then I put it on and - ZOMYGAWD!!! This is a must have. I never would have thought to have been taken so immediately by a pink scent and looking at the notes, I didn't really have much of and expectation but this is delicious! It's all pink in the vile, but not the same on me. Oh, it's still pink but the little bit of tartness of the ginger and the creamy-dreamy butter cream that I'm such a sucker for...and it has to be the amber giving it that chewiness....FB for sure :)

I made this confession in the "what are we ordering" thread.

I had originally dismissed this one. I saw "pink berries" and thought, "Nope." What I didn't see was pink berry SUGAR. Not just berries. SUGAR. PINK berry SUGAR. While berries can go sketchy on me on occasion, my skin seems to enjoy most things sugar. But I actually thought, upon first perusing, that the berry portion would, yes, ruin, the gingerbread goodness of this rather than behaving as a way of creating gingerbread with deliciously pink iced frosting!

So imagine my , surprise? delight? SHOCK, even, when I opened the vial and applied and got - HEAVENLY GOODNESS. Complete and utter iced gingerbread delectability! I want to sit down with a plate of these beauties and spend the day nomming...but I am perfectly happy slathering this and envisioning the same - only calorie free :D

Mara. Forgive me. You are a goddess of confection delights! :girlHeart-5:

I've been so excited about trying this one. Put it on last night, sniffed and thought "Errgh! Red berries headbutting with gingerbread spice. That can't be right."

And then, within minutes, the magic happened. The berries subsided to a smooth and elegant pink whisper, the gingerbread calmed itself, and the whole thing became soft and creamy and delicious in a warm, somehow milky way that was very nommably enjoyable.

Omg this is an orgy with Blushing Ember's pretty baby and Sweet Pea Cupcake's muffin bottom! The dry down is becoming less intense but there is still a gathering of the two mentioned - kinda like they are doing the tango a bit. They keep dancing and more sharp twists- here comes a peek of Sweet Pea, then Blushing Ember's pretty baby slips the hip.. This is kinda slutty! LOVE IT.

1554_20_08_cn_ht_apjarova_fr_r.jpg

Edited by LadyVictoria

Sniffing from the vial, this is pink frosting sugar goodness. Of course, once it hits my skin, any spice whatsoever amps to the moon. Wow, it was so gingerbread-y, it almost stung the back of my throat. I let it sit on my skin for a while longer... And now it's perfect. The spice tamed wayyyy down. It's very creamy and pink, with a little zing from the ginger. It really smells like opening a box of gingerbread cookies, the pink sugary berry notes are amazing!

Sniffing from the vial, this is pink frosting sugar goodness. Of course, once it hits my skin, any spice whatsoever amps to the moon. Wow, it was so gingerbread-y, it almost stung the back of my throat. I let it sit on my skin for a while longer... And now it's perfect. The spice tamed wayyyy down. It's very creamy and pink, with a little zing from the ginger. It really smells like opening a box of gingerbread cookies, the pink sugary berry notes are amazing!

Is this in any way like Sparkle fuchsia? meaning the spice to pink part? This is the one that jumped out at me in this month's NR's. Looks good. How much does the amber amp on this?

This is a thick dense opaque creamy pink. It's this color: SSA599082.jpg. It reminded me a lot of something else but I can't place it...maybe Sinister Pink? It gets sweeter and sweeter through drydown, and in late drydown it's mellow spice and cream, very little pink left. A delightful morph.

Tyvey your nails are perfect. Is that reg. polish or a shellac hybrid?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you like Stealing Xmas as much as I do, you're going to love this. It's like Stealing's creamier, pinker little sister. Where that one was a little more "red" and had an incense note, this one is a lighter pink that makes me think of gingerbread cake with mounds of pink frosting. There's something about the combo of gingerbread and raspberry that just gets me; it could be the interplay of sweet and tart or the unexpected mix of berry and spice that just works. There's just a dusting of spice in this, not too heavy at all, so I don't amp it to death. Love!

Every time I wear this my husband asks me if I'm wearing the "cheese cake one" :lol:He love it LOL! Which is great because I can feel free to slather with abandon! :D

How his nose gets cheese cake? I have no idea. But he likes it and that's what matters to me :) I was wearing Orangzipan the other day and someone said it smelled like flavored coffee or tea - this was a man. I always wonder how others come to the scent conclusions that they do....interesting.

Guest cutie.pie

I got this one because of the ginger, but all I can smell is soft, pink sugar...so I gave my sample to my sister, she loves 'the pink scents' :D

• 6 months later...

Resin lovers run don't walk to your pink elf. At this stage in aging it is super chewy resins. I thought it was patch, because it was reminding me of Comp Positions. It feels EBIL. :666:

• 1 month later...

I wish I had gotten more than one bottle of this in the sale! This is so delicious! Right off the bat, it is pink, pink, pink but a tiny bit artificial smelling. Then, like Tyvey said, it is chewy but I get chewy gingerbread with almost a molasses base. Spicy, sweet and thick. After an hour, it toned down a lot and I get the spicy gingerbread, but that thickness has gone away along with most of the pink. I thought this would be really, really long wearing as strong as it was initially, but it seems to have burned off pretty quickly.

I love scents like this for the fall. It reminds me of Philosophy's cinnamon bun shower gel from way back, not in the sense of being cinnamon smelling, but in the way that a foodie scent can be sexy and sophisticated vs. something for a young girl. This is the kind of scent I would wear just for me, but as I walked through the grocery store, heads will turn because its that distinct and noticeable. It's way to heavy for the 100 degree heat outside, but this is going to be amazing when the weather turns and I'm dreaming of hot cider again.

WINNER! Makes me want to spend a lot more money on the sale to get another bottle of this!!!!

Guest cutie.pie

WINNER! Makes me want to spend a lot more money on the sale to get another bottle of this!!!!

Orrrr, you can buy 2 bottles and get the third one free! ;)

• 2 months later...

I see this is on Etsy now, so today I pulled out last year's sample and I applied it like I normally apply one of my LPs. Here is last year's impression (when I was new to LPs): "Upon first experience, this smells like raisins to me. Must be the ginger. Getting a little bit of cake, but still not liking. I guess ginger doesn’t like me. And I like the spices…I like the drydown better than the wet. Oh no, turning plasticky….Final verdict: this actually dried down nicely, the raisin tinge has settled down after a few hours." Back to present practically a year later -- I am having the same.exact.impression (with my updated LP nose). And I still can't make up my mind.... :rolleyes: Oh, sweet indecision.

Something in this is almost overwhelming, perhaps even a little plastic, when I first put this on. It goes away super quick though and then it is amazing!

ETA: My boss was running late so I was in the car this morning and trying to add my post. Of course that is when he pulled up. Anyway, Pink Elf stays nice and pink for a very long time. I love the gingerbread which is very potent for almost forever. When it finally drifts away I am left with a softly pink scent that occasionally wafts up from skin and clothes like the ghost of LP's Past.

Edited by Maililyahn

I wore this gingerbread amazingness one night at work and received compliments (which rarely happens as scents burn off on me quickly). It's such a comforting scent and I feel like being nice to customers when I wear it. That NEVER happens. This and La Sylphide and Hauntings seem to be my fav spicy blends thus far. Love it!