Fairy Cake: Pineapple

Beccah

AD-PineappleFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Pineapple

A mouthwateringly tart brown-sugared pineapple, slathered with sugary cotton candy frosting, atop a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils and a drop of sweet amber resin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.

• 2 weeks later...

Right off I really like this one. A juicy pineapple forward scent. I get a sugar sweetened pineapple with a soft creamy vanilla in the background. This is a bright pretty scent that's perfect for a sunny day. It would be perfect to add a few drops of cops to add sexy to the delectable, sunshiney sweetness. I'll definitely grab a bottle and love it this summer. :)

Out of all the ones I've tried so far, this is the most cupcake-like to me, I get a good balance of the pineapple and vanilla, but it's not as creamy as Crayons: Gamboge, for example. There's something in it which is giving me an anise impression, so it also reminds me of Vieux Carre, which is a nice surprise.

Wet- this reminds me of those Big Stick Popsicles I would always get from the ice cream truck as a kid. You remember, those red and yellow swirly ones? I'm getting a sticky, sweet pineapple that's more sugary than tart.

As it dries more of the vanilla comes thru. Its a very bright, sweet and summery scent.

wet: CANDY CANDY CANDY I CAN'T LET YOU GO .... hard translucent tooth-breakingly sweet pineapple sucking candy!

dry: something threatening to go a bit plasticky on me :/ as vanilla sometimes does. Strangely this hasn't happened yet with any of the other Fairy scents I've tried. The pineapple is no longer really detectable as itself- if I didn't know it was there I wouldn't pick it out- but it gives a bit of tartness still.

Edited by tyvey

Out of the vial - bright, sweet, ripe pineapple! Juicy, sunny and happy. It fades quickly on me, but so did the orange and lemon. The creamy vanilla cakey base that is left is very soft and close to the skin. I think this could be good for layering for sure :)

So. I just about suffocated myself with this last night! Blew my mind. I luuuurrrve pineapples. This smelled so very *true* in the vial: Freshly sliced pineapple, with the skin sitting there. I lost all sense of caution and slathered the outside of both forearms and KABOOM!!! PINEAPPLE INVASION!!! PINEAPPLE FOREVER!!! Hee!!! I had to rinse some of it the hell off! WTF?!?? This is Fairy Cake. They don't *do* this. Even after rinsing, it was still quite strong. As it wore, it calmed the f*ck down and finally, after an hour or two, it was nice, polite, pretty pineapple cupcake.

I am going to test this again, in circumspect amounts, on my wrists. But not today. Heh.

This smells like a drink I had on vacation one time. Yep, i'm actually getting something mildly boozy from this. Maybe the vanilla? This is very, very creamy on me, and I don't get much cake from this (which is kind of a bummer; I had visions of layering this with the cherry cake and having me a pineapple upside down cake). but i love it anyhow. Great scent memory!

ETA: I should add, I finally started to get the cake at the end of the day when I tested it, and it definitely smelled like one would expect a pineapple cake to smell. So Cherry Fairy Cake, I'm looking at you for tonight!

Edited by BlueBear

So. I just about suffocated myself with this last night! Blew my mind. I luuuurrrve pineapples. This smelled so very *true* in the vial: Freshly sliced pineapple, with the skin sitting there. I lost all sense of caution and slathered the outside of both forearms and KABOOM!!! PINEAPPLE INVASION!!! PINEAPPLE FOREVER!!! Hee!!! I had to rinse some of it the hell off! WTF?!?? This is Fairy Cake. They don't *do* this. Even after rinsing, it was still quite strong. As it wore, it calmed the f*ck down and finally, after an hour or two, it was nice, polite, pretty pineapple cupcake.

I am going to test this again, in circumspect amounts, on my wrists. But not today. Heh.

:smiley-laughing024: " They don't do this "

Okay so wet this is Pineapple Fanta or Cactus Cooler. I can't determine which. As it dries it mellows a bit and I do see where Luna gets the anise thing happening, I get no cake at all, yet, so far it remind me more of Desert Song.. saturated in Pineapple Fanta.

Not too bad. I want cake though. Where's the cake???

So I swiped this on and didn't really sniff it until about 20 mins later because I got distracted. But if there was pineapple there, it's gone now :D it's just sweet vanilla cake.

• 6 years later...

This is sweet, candied pineapple pieces in cake!  The way the pineapple seems candied and thick and deep, somehow, made me think of LP Fraise Citron. It is soooo good. My favorite of the fruity Fairy Cakes I've tried. 

• 3 months later...