Liberty Belle

Maxine of Arc

I couldn't wait to start trying on samples from the June sampler. I had a feeling Liberty Belle would turn out to be a real winner for me, and it was the first one I picked out to put on. I don't normally like fruity scents, but this is a very different kind of fruity than the usual! It's creamy sweet apple-berry pie-- I hardly feel like I have anything to add to Mara's description as it's dead on perfect. It's a perfectly joyful, bountiful summer scent, and I think I may need a big bottle soon!

I agree with everything you said, Maxine of Arc! I didn't expect to like Liberty Belle as much as I do . . . what a nice surprise! I wore it in honor of the 4th, and it came across with a spiciness on top of the fruity notes -- definitely a feel-good fragrance!

not too fruity and not too sweet.

kind of tart, and buttery!

mmm. it's nice.

has some good spices to it as well.

i made the mistake of putting it on this morning and then not eating breakfast, and now i really want to gnaw on my wrist :/

so my advice is don't wear this one on an empty stomach!

In the vial: apples, tart blueberries, vanilla, nutmeg. love!!!

Wet on skin: sweet / tart apples, tarte blueberries, vanilla, cream, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg :arf:

Dry: The apple is getting stronger.....but it's a fabulous apple (I normally don't do apples)......a bit of clove and allspice creaping in there is well. Many hours later, the apples, vanilla, and cinnamon have pretty much taken over, with only hints of the other notes

This scent has amazing strength and throw!

My rating in the vial: 5

My rating on my skin: 5

Gotta get a bottle of this.....NOW!

• 1 month later...

Liberty Belle

In vial: spicy apple and berry crumble.

On skin: mmm, this is delicious! It really does smell like apple and blueberry pie! Apple notes don’t usually work on me but this one is fantastic-it smells like baked apple, and is thoroughly spiced with cinnamon. The blueberry is gorgeous (such an underused note in perfume, I think) and the blackberry is also fantastic, especially since that note also goes bad on me most of the time. I can also smell the sugary warm crust, crispy and freshly baked. This is making my stomach rumble. I am craving apple pie, apple crumble, baked apples, all manner of apple desserts! The scent doesn’t change too much, it softens a bit though, and loses the complexity of the berries to become pure apple pie-warm mushy apple filling, cinnamon and warm crumbly pastry. This is such a delicious apple pie scent, very true and accurate, not cloying at all, not sickly sweet. It makes me hungry though, just smelling it…

• 1 month later...

Got a sample of this today. Fruity and sweet in the vial. Dries down to a foody sweet fruit smell that made me want to lick my hand but I didn't think that would be healthy. :banana132:

It also had a softness to it, not pungent, but almost powdery if that makes sense. Like a sugar powder aroma, a hint of a bakery perhaps.

• 11 months later...

Well, at first I'm going to sound different than th eother reveiwers...

when I first applied this I felt like someone whacked me over the head with a Yankee jar candle in that 'home sweet home' scent. All cloying and crazy, like was in the kitchen of someone who had lots of duck decor and maybe a bent over wooden lady in bloomers for a lawn ornament. Yeesh.

But then, after about 10 minuites that all goes away- blueberry is one of my things, ya know...and I then get a warm cinnamon and cream laced apple pie, crust and all. My its tasty-could win a blue ribbon!

Then, maybe 20 minuites later comes my dear blueberry-juicy sweet and plump-very realistic here, not candy-like, and it melds lovingly with the apple, ciinamon and pie crust. Very very nice and yummy. Actually, quite sexy!

So just get past the first few minuites(if your chemistry is at all like mine), and your in for a scurmptious treat! Your Significant other is too(something about this one one did somethin awful funny to my boy-I tried swattin him off like a fly so I could write more--to no avail).

bon appeite!! :o

At first I didn't think much of this one. I was afraid it would be too appley (yuckers). I could not imagine wanting to smell like a freakin' apple pie....

But over the summer I grew to really love it. It is perfectly foody perfume - crisp pie crust and berry compote, tiny touch of spicy hanging in the background in summer amounts, and all things happy. Lavishly roll on bare arms and chest, throw on a T-shirt and shorts and I radiate YUM. After a few hours in the heat it becomes a lovely very "perfumey" scent (you know what I mean, right?).

And DH who is a self-confessed berry-hound, always comments on how yummy I smell when I wear it. That's a plus!

And DH who is a self-confessed berry-hound,

Okay this made me laugh (because I'm not right) but I get that (not from berries though). :(

Yep it does smell like a Yankee candle. Actually, thats what I liked about it. It has this warmth that smells like a burning candle. Not like you just opened the jar, more like you just lit it. Amazing!-Be blessed,Beccah-

when I first applied this I felt like someone whacked me over the head with a Yankee jar candle in that 'home sweet home' scent. All cloying and crazy, like was in the kitchen of someone who had lots of duck decor and maybe a bent over wooden lady in bloomers for a lawn ornament. Yeesh.

Oh man, I know what you mean @_@ for a long while, I didn't even really try it out, because putting on perfume is typically the very last thing I do before running out the door, and I couldn't stand the gift-shop smell. Recently, I really gave it a go (at home... heh :)) and I was very pleasantly surprised. Once it dries down, the blueberry really comes through (when I couldn't smell even a HINT of it wet... just straight cinnamon and apple crust). I can smell the baked fruitiness and creamy vanilla-y goodness, too. Basically, the cinnamon takes a backseat. It's actually very nice for fall... glad I cracked it open in time! :)

Yeah, me too! I'm so glad I let it mellow! And I agree-perfect for the colder seasons with that yummy spice(once the spice calms its ass down of course :blushing: )!

By the way ;) To our Forum, SPIDERMALT!!!!!!!!! :spambanana:

By the way :thbf54f4bf: To our Forum, SPIDERMALT!!!!!!!!! :spambanana:

Thank you! :^^: I joined a while ago but got into a funk almost right after and fell outta the whole 'taking care of myself' groove @_@; Only very recently did I become all giiiiirly again. I'm glad to be back, in more ways than one :D

I see there are a few new phero blends as well... :Hug_emoticon: