Slave to Sin

therapygirl

OMG I was so wrong about this one. When I first whiffed it in the bottle I thought I got chocolate, which bummed me out because I can make chocolate smell like BO in a new york minute. So on the skin I realize it's not chocolate but cocoa butter, which has an entirely different feel.The European custard is ever so subtle, but it's there if you seek it. the bergamot and carnations give texture so the vanilla and custard are barely recognizable.And the Musks are ssooo sexy!! I've mentioned before that my skin amps rose, so I do get alot of rose, but it isn't the front scent. This one is languid and sensual.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first sniffed this it smelled like cheap chocolate :666: . But then I tried it on my skin..... after 2-3 minutes, the cheap chocolate smell faded and I was left with a very light floral spice. The cocoa butter is absolutely perfect in this blend; it gives the other ingredients a buffer/backdrop. I find it very sexy but also quite calming. All in all, it gets :001_tt2: from me!

Notes of cocoa butter, bergamot, red carnations, European vanilla custard, green and white musks and dew-kissed roses convey a message of self confidence and sexual allure, and bestow a heightening of passion and arousal.

In the bottle: A little juicy roses, a little creamy softness.

On, wet: the roses dominate on me, but these aren't the delicate sugared roses, these are full bodied, luscious roses, almost like fruit in their juicy intensity. The custard hangs out in the background, melding seamlessly with the roses, to give them depth and make them lie propperly on the skin. This is the kind of rose that I miss from Wine and Dead Roses, succulent and impossibly rich. The cocoa butter, musks and vanilla make a great, "bare skin" backdrop for the roses. This is a scent that really doesn't require clothes, though a nice necklace might set it off perfectly.

Drydown: The custard comes forward a bit, bathed in musks, like cream smoothed skin with rose petals scattered across it.

ETA: This is also a great mood lifter. It is an empowering, female scent that just makes me feel good!

Edited by scourger

This is one that I am so looking forward to trying.....from the descriptions, it will probably end up immediately on my full bottle list!!

Okay, six hours after application, the custardy note was even stronger, with an even farther throw. Up close, I still got roses, but at any distance, it was just that pudding, bare skin scent. It got to be too much, and I had to wash it off. (I'm not into really "foody" scents unless they're fruits or heavily spiced. I thought the roses balanced this one enough, but walking around in a cloud of creamy pudding just didn't work out for me. Sigh.)

Ok, so I only ordered a sample of this one, but it is now going on the full bottle list.....

The roses come out first, and they remind me of the ones in the original dominance, but without the dark chocolate......instead, I get the background of cocoa butter, vanilla, and a hint of musk....I do like this one!!

This one really amps the roses on me like PG: Dominance. I love this scent but because the rose comes out the most on me I think it is too similar in feel to Dominance so I cnat justify a bottle although I really want one lol. I keep going back and forth.

This scent is so lovely.

This one really amps the roses on me like PG: Dominance. I love this scent but because the rose comes out the most on me I think it is too similar in feel to Dominance so I cnat justify a bottle although I really want one lol. I keep going back and forth.

This scent is so lovely.

I think I NEEEEEED a bottle, even though I have 2 bottles of Dominance.....on me, the Dominance is much darker feeling.....this one seems lighter and smoother......even though the rose is prominent in both.....

• 4 weeks later...

On my skin the rose is the predominant note followed by a background of the cocoa butter and custard. I don't detect much of the carnation. As it dries down the rose takes a backseat to the custard, but still lingers in the background. Normally I'm not a huge fan of rose based scents, but the added sweetness and creaminess of this perfume has changed my mind. I prefer this to Sugared Roses, which to me is more of a "green" fresh-cut rose scent. All in all, this is a beautiful perfume.

Great! This may be one of the only one's I didn't order a sample for. Back to the drawing board...one more to add to the ever growing list.

• 4 weeks later...

On me, the cocoa butter is a soft and creamy undertone. Wet, I could really smell the bergamot and carnation. Very nice spice. After about 20 minutes, I get a soft musky rose with a subtle hint of spice. It makes me feel feminine.

My husband said it was nice with a subtle undertone of "incense" (which is probably the musk).

• 2 months later...

To me this smelled like chocolate covered spiced berries. Then it was a full bodied desert wine, custard, cherry cigar smoke and bitter chocolate. It all melded together into a sultry sensual scent that i absolutely love - it goes into the tops and i must get a full bottle.

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT ^_^<_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*happy sigh*

I love gourmand florals...when they work on me, that is. And this one does, it's beautiful rose against a creamy background with bright elements woven throughout and I AM TEH PRETTY when I wear this. *twirls*

It does remind me, as it does for others, of the fragrance used for PG Dominance, but it's a lot more powerful on me; although not loud, just more realized, I suppose...likely thanks to the musk.