Last Breath of Summer

Tempest Teapot

A bright heart of citrus embraces decadent florals lying upon a musky bed

This is one of my immediate favorites from the August release. It's my favorite type, a citrus/floral.

I open it and I smell the grapefruit? orange? or maybe bergamot but it's not like a just open fruit. It's softer. Usually musk goes bad, but this has a nice sweet depth that I'm really liking.

LOL sorry, I don't write many reviews because I'm not sure I'm conveying this properly. But I love this one. A full bottle purchase for sure.

LOL, I'm glad it actually matches the description! And yay for sweet musk, as I was hoping it wouldn't be the kind of white musk that gives me a headache. Can't wait to give it a sniff!

In the bottle: a bright and complex citrus. Limes, and somehting else, with an edge of floral that simultaneously sweetens and sharpens.

On, wet: Like tangy candy, with something duskier just beyond the edges of the senses.

Drydown: Evening lit flowers eventually soften the citrus, just enough, and the musk breaths a sultry longing into this scent.

I love the way this scent follows the pattern of a late summer day, starting with citrus brightness, and ending with a languid, sultry memory.

This is a very sweet ripe fruit at first, very juicy sweet big delicious orange. Then lighter florals and a bit of musk but then it gets earthy to me like laying on a patch of grass and all the light wildflower scents merge together with the smell of the earth. Love it its very nice , gentle but complex at the same time.

This one and me didn't get along, I don't know why, it's probably my skin chemistry, because it smelled so fricken beautiful on my sister :001_302:

Edited by esmeralda

• 3 months later...

This is such a wonderful scent that I'm purchasing a scent locket for it because it loses it's deliciousness when mixed with my chemistry.

It's sweet like sugared candy and fruit with the jasmine and rose toning down the sugary aspect so it is not overly sweet but tantalizingly mouth watering. I had such hopes for this because I fell in love with it in the vial, and when my chemistry didn't agree with it, I just couldn't leave it at that. So yes, I am getting a scent locket just for this. It's just to wonderful a perfume to let my skin destroy it in all its beauty.

• 3 months later...

I think it's delightfully ironic that I'm reviewing this NOW, in April. Overall, this is a nice citrus, with lime dominating, but at first, I'd swear there was some lemon verbena action going. This flavor blasts the scent off the skin and dies down quickly. Later, there's that sugar that other reviewers mentioned, gently sparkling things up. Light floral, not sure where the musk is. I haven't given it time to totally develop and I don't think I will, as this one makes me a bit headachy. Pain notwithstanding, I don't think it's a great scent, just a "quite nice" will do.

Oh wait, there's the muskiness. Shows up last. Makes it better. That's nice. :lol:

Edited by Nightlife

• 7 months later...

Wow. This one was love at first sniff: all vibrant, red-orange citrus with a blazing sunset in the background and just the faintest breath of frosty autumn wind. I normally don't go for traditional "summer" scents"--think pina coladas, watermelon, papaya etc.--but this is one summer scent that's both appropriate for summer and a "me" scent at the same time. Gorgeous! :)

• 7 months later...
Wow. This one was love at first sniff: all vibrant, red-orange citrus with a blazing sunset in the background and just the faintest breath of frosty autumn wind. I normally don't go for traditional "summer" scents"--think pina coladas, watermelon, papaya etc.--but this is one summer scent that's both appropriate for summer and a "me" scent at the same time. Gorgeous! :(

My nose really doesn't agree with this one. I find the citrus a little too overpowering. At drydown, it turned powdery. It's like an airfreshner.

• 2 years later...

This is a nice citrus fruit blend, but it goes a bit soapy on me. I used to think it was musk that smelt soapy on me, but I'm starting to think it is more likely some kind of citrus. Somehow this reminds me of Dreams of Avalon... I wonder if they have an ingredient in common? It too goes a bit lemon detergent on me after a while.

• 4 weeks later...