Field of Dreams w/ Aja & Hedione

AD-FieldDreams_540x.jpg?v=1596393929

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
PIKAKE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
HEDIONE (JASMINE) ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spirituality, spiritual love.

Because this is a variant of Tunnel of Love, I wanted to contrast the two scents when discussing this one.

I think these are both sweet scents, but in different ways.  As I said about ToL, it has a certain warmth with the combination of the honey and coconut.  The floral aspect of FoD lends a different kind of sweetness, and brightens it up.  It's very pretty and feminine with a bit of a beachy vibe but rather more subtle overall, I would say.  It's a beautiful example of a white floral scent with a tropical aura.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Tunnel of Love, and the addition of the pikaki blossoms really changes it - the sweet creaminess is still there, but the floral is the star here. The honey makes itself known the first few hours but after it dries down, it's not as prominent.

This is really really beautiful. Wet on my skin the coconut and florals are balanced perfectly and I don't actually get much honey/aja until the dry down, at which point it all melds together into pure dreamy creamy romance. Such romance! The whole thing has a warm, glowing, sun-kissed quality, like lying in the sand or meditating on the beach on an early summer morning before it gets too hot. I will have to go back later and do a side by side with Tunnel of Love, which I also adore, but as soon as I put this on I knew I needed a serious slather and a full bottle. Totally in love with this. 

• 4 weeks later...

This really is beautiful, I chose to wear it as my birthday scent yesterday.  

When it first dried down, I reached my wrist out for my man to investigate. After sniffing, he licked my wrist, and then said “tell Mara she needs to get the taste right. Nothing that smells that good shouldn’t also taste delicious.” @Potion Master

• 8 months later...

A not overly sweet coconut backed by a dry honey. Really lovely and feminine. Up close is more coconut, while further away is more floral. It reminds me of a more fleshed out Coco Chrissy. As the other notes die down, the aja blooms and takes over, leaving a lasting honey scent.

• 1 year later...

I just received this bottle from the sale and oh WOW! On me it opens with this huge honeyed sweetness and finishes smoky and yummy. It's still in the 90s where I am and I can't wait to wear this in cooler weather. I'm not getting any florals, just honey and smoke but I love it!! Also the first time I wore it out I had drinks purchased for me from two different men which doesn't happen to me often. So maybe Aja was working?

I have one coming and I hoped the aja in this plays nicely on me. The aja in earthly pleasures loves me but in goddess it hates me with a passion!😂 Have you guys ever had aja go sour on you and do you find it different in this blend?

On 9/4/2022 at 1:29 AM, Amanda said:

I have one coming and I hoped the aja in this plays nicely on me. The aja in earthly pleasures loves me but in goddess it hates me with a passion!😂 Have you guys ever had aja go sour on you and do you find it different in this blend?

I also have issues with aja, and in this blend and in earthly pleasures it plays out nicely with my skin chemistry... Most times that is not the case, so that I why I was sohesitantt to order it last year, but a friend sent me a sample and I knew I had to have a bottle...

Oh that’s great to hear @dolphindolls2! Thank you! I do so love earthy pleasures. That and goddess are the only things I have with aja so I’m not sure why or when it will agree with me. 
Actually, it’s also in Potion Bastet I believe…that one never went sour on me, that I remember, but I got so many complaints about how strong my perfume was that I rarely wear it. My daughter is not a fan of the honey.🤦🏼‍♀️😂 I’m really looking forward to this one.🤞🏼

1 hour ago, Amanda said:

Oh that’s great to hear @dolphindolls2! Thank you! I do so love earthy pleasures. That and goddess are the only things I have with aja so I’m not sure why or when it will agree with me. 
Actually, it’s also in Potion Bastet I believe…that one never went sour on me, that I remember, but I got so many complaints about how strong my perfume was that I rarely wear it. My daughter is not a fan of the honey.🤦🏼‍♀️😂 I’m really looking forward to this one.🤞🏼

Wear it very lightly, I tend to slatherer my fragrance all over me and I have learned that with anything aja in it I have to do a very light small swipe, a little goes a long way

I have this on my inner elbows today. At first I thought I had grabbed ToL mistakenly but about 20 minutes later I noticed something different, which I’m assuming is the pikake, which I love! It’s softened it a bit and it’s really lovely. I’m hoping the aja will make this last longer on my skin since ToL seems to, much to my disappointment, fade very quickly on me. So far the aja seems to be behaving, goddess goes pongy after an hour or so so we’ll see🤞🏼So far I really like this and I’m glad I got a bottle!

7 hours ago, Amanda said:So far the aja seems to be behaving, goddess goes pongy after an hour or so so we’ll see🤞🏼So far I really like this and I’m glad I got a bottle!

Just coming back to add that the Hedione seems to be sticking around the longest for me here. The only other scent I have with Hedione is Beyla and after a long day of tangy fruit (that’s not really a *me* scent) it’s left with a soft jasmine scent that I really like. That’s what I’m getting now just before bed. The coconut and honey faded on me pretty quickly (just like with ToL) but I’m glad the Hedione has surprised me!

• 10 months later...
On 9/5/2022 at 7:50 PM, dolphindolls2 said:

Wear it very lightly, I tend to slatherer my fragrance all over me and I have learned that with anything aja in it I have to do a very light small swipe, a little goes a long way

I forgot my own advice, I wore this late yesterday for a work event and I slathered this on, and everyone was making sniffing noises like something stuck, I guess it was me... I love this blend but I have to use a light swipe and got carried away.. Please take my advice, on this one swipe very lightly...A little dab of this goes a long way...