Lover's Reunion 2008

sultry brunette

I was surprised that this had not been reviewed yet since it has been out for a while.

Wet: daisy and daffodil with a hint of lemon verbena. I can also smell the ivy peeking through.

As it dries, the spice of the carnation starts to come to the front . This one dries in "waves" with different notes coming forward at different stages. The fruits come in and out at different stages. The carnation stays with me through most of the stages. Complex and very pretty.

maybe the review of this one was on the old board before they switched to this one.

This one is one of my favorites, I have multiple bottles of this one.

all the sweet florals meld perfectly on me . It has a strong fantastic throw and I love it. It makes me feel so pretty and happy.

• 2 months later...

I am doing a review for the original Lover's Reunion, not the 2008 re-release. At first, this reminded me a bit of Lush's Potion Lotion, due to the carnation, I'm sure. Aside from that, I get more daffodils, apricots and apples than anything else. However, when I got to work, my co-worker said (unsolicited), "Red Hots. You know, the cinnamon candy?" :D This is a positive eval. I told him what I was wearing and he asked if there was cinnamon in this and I said I didn't know for certain, that I'd have to look it up. I would say the lore on carnation is working for me, as he was smiling at and speaking with me, something he hardly ever does.

• 4 months later...

I got two of these through the sale! I totally love it!

eta: I think the magick in this blend comes through perfectly!

Edited by SWBookworm

Wow LPT & SWB

I was reading reviews for hours yesterday, trying to figure out which freebie to get...

I picked Lover's Reunion..just on the carnation note & months old reviews...

Today I see new post from you guys.....Now I cannot wait to get my order....

I love how the positive Karma flows on this site.. :sunnysmile:

Wow LPT & SWB

I was reading reviews for hours yesterday, trying to figure out which freebie to get...

I picked Lover's Reunion..just on the carnation note & months old reviews...

Today I see new post from you guys.....Now I cannot wait to get my order....

I love how the positive Karma flows on this site.. :sunnysmile:

I totally agree with you on positive karma.

Have any of you also tried Evil in Carnation? I'm trying to decide if I need Lover's Reunion too since I already have a bug bottle of EiC.

Lover's Reunion is much softer than EiC. I love both though!

Lover's Reunion is much softer than EiC. I love both though!

Now I really cant wait for my bottle..I love EiC, but it's a little "sharp" @ first. But I love it.

Lover's Reunion sounds just yummy.....

Edited by FAWN

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Was looking through my daughter's box of scent tonight, thinking of what to wear. This has changed so much from my initial test. The carnation is primarily still there but It is much softer, rounder and sweeter now. I really can't help sniffing my arm as I type this post.

Btw, my daughter claimed this bottle the moment I receive it. I'm not sure what attracted her to it.