Areion Skye

Invidiana

This smells like dead-on fresh dewy leaves at first, actually reminding of when I was a kid and used to walk in the garden in the morning before it got too hot. Looking at the notes I realize what else it is besides the leaf and vine notes that reminds of me of walking in the garden; we used to grow zucchini and zucchini blossom is one of the main notes. It's not a distinctly green or floral note but somewhere in between. As it dries down further the dogwood, which has a lovely sea breeze-type feel, becomes more prominent. This is a really airy and refreshing blend that very much evokes the feeling of taking flight. Not really a signature scent for me personally, but I can definitely appreciate the concept and craftsmanship behind it, especially when it involves such beautiful mythical creatures as pegasi.

You are so right Individiana This is so first thing in the morning fresh! I love this one in the bottle, on the skin! I think I am off to order more then a sample!

Okay...I got my order in for a full bottle...I can see myself wearing this one a lot!

Edited by ladybegood1

The longer I wear this the more I like it....It starts out very Aquatic but moves quickly (almost like you are flyng fast) to airy...It does seem very atmospheric cool with hints of the floral/greens drifting through. Very much the cool morning with the dew covering everything. It really is a lovely scent. I could see this working on a man as well because the floral/greens in this is very very light, kind of a tease.

I swiped some on TT & it smells divine on a man even TT ( he usually does horrid thing to sweeter scents ). It does start out aquatic ( I'm vaguely reminded of Herbal Essences shampoo, but thats a good thing ), then it morphs into a very fresh scent. Like a very classic clean mens scent (on TT) anyway. Aqua Velva's packaging always promised me it would smell this way, but it never did! Very well done, I adore this as a mens blend.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very aquatic and makes me think of turquoise as a color. It has some citrus undercurrents to it, but not overpowering. It has a slightly sharper note to it that almost tickles the nose. Not in a bad way, it is just a slightly different experience. It makes me think of a morning sunrise.

Saw the latest version of the film "Clash of the Titans" at the hotel the other night. The movie was "eh", but this part was so cool - Zeus sends Perseus a couple of gifts to help him on his quest, and one of them is Areion. Two white winged horses fly off, but Areion invites him to be her rider. I have never seen a black winged horse depicted on film before. It was really nifty, especially with the timing of this release.

:)

Saw the latest version of the film "Clash of the Titans" at the hotel the other night. The movie was "eh", but this part was so cool - Zeus sends Perseus a couple of gifts to help him on his quest, and one of them is Areion. Two white winged horses fly off, but Areion invites him to be her rider. I have never seen a black winged horse depicted on film before. It was really nifty, especially with the timing of this release.

:)

This is so OT, but while I loved the special effects and the movie was very well done, it was soooo off-canon! Perseus never actually tries to challenge the gods, only the Kraken, there are no Djinn (that is Arabic mythology), Medusa is supposed to be BUTT UGLY, and after he slays that thing he marries Andromeda. Forgive me, but I'm such a purist and I'm Greek so I was basically fed these stories the moment I came out of the womb. :)

I want that black winged horse though. Beautiful creature!

This is so OT, but while I loved the special effects and the movie was very well done, it was soooo off-canon! Perseus never actually tries to challenge the gods, only the Kraken, there are no Djinn (that is Arabic mythology), Medusa is supposed to be BUTT UGLY, and after he slays that thing he marries Andromeda. Forgive me, but I'm such a purist and I'm Greek so I was basically fed these stories the moment I came out of the womb. :)

I want that black winged horse though. Beautiful creature!

I'm totally with you on that. I was like "WHAT?!" thru half the movie, and at the end could hardly tell you what it was actually about. It was so off.

I guess if you don't know the lore, it might be less confusing to watch. But sitting there trying to figure out what the heck they are doing to the legend...ack. It made me want to go rent the 70's version tho. I remember liking that one as a kid, esp the owl.

Oh, and that lead actor - headed for super stardom, it appears. Starring in three huge action flix in a row out of nowhere. Whew!

• 3 months later...

I'd gotten a sample of this to try and while I really like it I did laugh because after about 20 minutes to half an hour it turned into a very shampoo type scent on me. I smelled like expensive shampoo. Better than smelling like real poo I guess. I do like this one a lot. Might get a big bottle of it. Either this or Pendragon which dries down to smell like shaving cream to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

PLEASE!!! No one else buy this! I adore this perfume. I bought a sample of it because of Invi's review, at top, and morning-walk-in-the-garden is exactly what I get from it. It's light on my skin, feels airy and fresh and cool... I couldn't be more pleased. It's one of my Top 5 LPs, and today I finally got to order a full bottle. I can hardly wait for it to arrive! :D Woohoo!

• 11 months later...

I gave my best friend the last part of my B2 boosted bottle, to help her with PMS. She used it all up, lol. Told me she loved it because it smelled like the ocean to her.