White Bikini

moonholly209

So let's just say.... :Emoticons04235: Granted, my white bikini has a shot of cops in it, so not 100% sure on what a clean bottle smells like. It hugs to the skin in a powdery damp kind of way (if that makes sense). Not all powdery but not quite juicy. It's not a super fluffy whipped cream, but the note is an extra frothy steamed milk you could get a coffee shop with a sheer and sweet yumminess underneath. The honey sweetens the florals just right. I can't really pick out the orchid and honeysuckle separately, but i'd say there's more honeysuckle? It's overall a deliciously sweetened steamed milk with orchid/honeysuckle steam coming off of it. Not overly floral or overly foodie. White bikini turned out to be a perfect balance of both. It also covers the cops amazingly. Cops is more prominent and usually takes a lot longer to dry down on my friend than on me. You couldn't smell the cops on either of us wet. We both absolutely love it! Thank you Mara! I took my bottle out one night and lost it in shuffling things in and out of my car. I was devastated and had to get another one asap because it is too fabulous.

Fun sidenote: My friend and I have date nights at this one particular bar where they get crafty with their drinks. We're talkin' fresh muddled fruits, an array of fancy liqueurs, bitters, spirits, and herbs for any concoction imaginable. Every time we go to this bar we have a theme on hand for the bartender there. With a guideline or two, he'll get creative and mix us something according to the theme. As converted LPer's and lovers of White bikini, we chose that as the theme for the night. So white bikini gets it's own delicious drink that i'd though i'd share! Not sure of the exact amounts, but the ingredients are:

-Stoli Sticki honey flavoerd vodka

-Frangelico Hazelnut

-Barenjager honey liqueur

-Simple syrup

-1/2 Fresh squeezed lemon

- egg whites

- a dash of currant bitters for color on the eggs whites

it was delicious!

I bought this also boosted with cops and there is ZERO cops smell. All I get is heavenly amounts of some pretty flower and marshmallow cocoa , butter type thing. It's very similar to Tropical Heat in the way that it has the sexy yummy beach-y type feel without being sun tan lotion.

I totally feel like I am at the beach instead of my cubicle.

Well done this is a winner!

Well, the first review pretty much sums it up perfectly, but I have a couple side notes to add:

1. I hate foody smelly things, and scents usually come out smelling super foody on me if there's any hint of caramel or cream, but this is delightful!! Definitely not straight up food-like, they honey and whipped cream do a wonderful job of balancing out the florals.

2. I was nervous while this was in the mail because, after trying a few scents, I'd started to think that orchid and honeys just don't work on me (as in I smell like a powdery, old, sour lady) but the honey is almost "muted" or matte... if that makes sense, it's enough that you can figure out it's honey, but it's not sticky and it doesn't overpower anything, it's perfect :)

3. as for the florals, the honeysuckle comes through more than the orchid on me, which I like, it keeps it very bright and almost lifts the honey. Everything just smells clean and bright, but definitely there.

Also, not a hint of cops anywhere to be smelled. It's like *magic * :bday1029:

In short, White Bikini is AWESOME. :D

• 1 month later...

The honey in this is white and crystalline, very light. The orchid kinda took over at the beginning and was pretty heavy, magnolia-like. I don't get the milk literally but it does make the florals creamy. Liked it better when it calmed down, clings all day. Nice

• 3 months later...

Got a sniffie of this today. OMG!!!! I bet it's all gone, isn't it. Story of my life. Girl finds perfect scent, scent no longer available anywhere on the planet. Needs to be made into a movie on one of those sappy tv channels.

Edited by Just Ducky

I've never tried it, so I don't really know what I'm missing.

I believe this is the healthiest outlook to possess, and I feel it every time I miss out on something (or try to, anyway).

I believe this is the healthiest outlook to possess, and I feel it every time I miss out on something (or try to, anyway).

. . . except along comes Mara with her wonderful sniffie gifts of things I'll never be able to procure by love or money . . . hmmm. Bribery!! Good old fashioned BRIBERY might work! :666:

I've got plenty of sniffies of long-lost scents too and although I might wish for something I don't angst over it, I guess that's my view.

• 4 weeks later...

I got this as a sample and it was one of the first scents that I really tried. When I went to put it on, I spilled (oops) the whole vial on me. So, I tried to get most of it off my arm are tried to put it on other places on my body before I lost it all to the floor. I smelled of baby powder all day but everyone loved it and I didn't mind it either. It was such a nice, clean, yummy scent. I wish I still had some in the bottle!!!

Edited by cchristys

• 2 months later...

UGH, In going over my mini-sniffies collection this one came up. I wish I'd never opened the bottle. This is DAYUMN pretty! Spicy floral with creamy undertones. omg.. sux that I missed it!