Sugared Leather

Beccah

AD1-SugLeather.jpg

Sugared Leather

* A blend of old worn leather and suede, softened with powdered and white sugars, and just a hint of pink to girl it up a tinge.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • LEATHER ~ The musky scent of leather inspires feelings of lust, personal power, and provides a hint of danger.

• 4 weeks later...

My first thought on sniffing this one was, I don't think I can afford to even smell this! This is amazing, and a little intoxicating. Top of the line incredibly luxurious suede/leather here: think Coach bag, think James Bond's briefcase, think... oh, bother, my brain is fried and I have no more examples. It's a very clean scent with a lot of depth to it.

I was trying to think of some possibilities but fried brain!!

For anyone who enjoyed Black Cat Mojo... this with the Sugared Coffee would be amazing, and if I had gotten any of the musks in this round, I'd be interested to see how it would play with those.

I am also having a thought that with the right floral or fruit, this could be mind-blowing. I can't emphasize strongly enough how clean this smells. This is not the leather of a saddle lifted from the quivering sweaty haunches of a valiant member of the Pony Express (not that that wouldn't also be awesome). This is the highly buffed and polished saddle being taken down and strapped on for show jumping, or what one would smell wandering into Louis Vuitton. So paired with lily or roses, or maybe apricot or pears... mmmm!

My first thought on sniffing this one was, I don't think I can afford to even smell this! This is amazing, and a little intoxicating. Top of the line incredibly luxurious suede/leather here: think Coach bag, think James Bond's briefcase, think... oh, bother, my brain is fried and I have no more examples. It's a very clean scent with a lot of depth to it.

Do you think this one would go for men too?

Rose and leather is a really great combination!

OK, then roses are definitely on the list for the next order!

Do you think this one would go for men too?

BB, yes, I think it could, especially if paired with something that evokes that more masculine aura... maybe a clean musk, or any of the woodsy ones?

Leather and berries is also a great combo.

As I was walking home from work today mentally composing possible combinations of Sugareds (as one does...) I thought about strawberry with this one!

• 2 months later...

So, I have this pair of tall black leather boots that I've had for over 3 years and I love them. I wear them every chance I get. They're on their third winter in the Twin Cities and some weeks of sloppy winter travel in NYC. My point is that they're old and dirty. The other day, I had this idea... Take my Sugared Leather and roll some on the inside of each boot. Results: My boots smell amazing! Sugared Leather seemed to breathe some new life into them. To me, they smell just like they did when I bought them in the department store. Sugared Leather smells luxurious and expensive. It is dense and soft yet has such strength. Love this scent!

Edited by tink333

Wow, this is fantastic. Prior to this, my favorite LP with a leather note was the long-gone Santa Carla, which I've been hoarding. But Sugared Leather is softer, more rounded, but still unmistakably leather. Sometimes a leather scent can seem too astringent, but SL isn't the case at all. Just amazing. I'm sure it would be great layered, but right now? I like it straight up.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So I have this beautiful leather purse that was a given to me. It's Coach. It's expensive. It should last forever. It's pretty unique as far as Coach purses go, at least what I'm used to seeing. I love it. I need to explain that I'm not one to spend lots on purses. I buy cheap ones. It's never been my thing to buy expensive purses. I understand why people do though especially after having my very own. I've had it several years and I stopped using it everyday because it needed to be cleaned. Well, it's been cleaned now and the metal on it poslished. I added some Sugared Leather to the inside canvas. It smells BEAUTIFUL! Sugared Leather really amazes me. It seems to breath life back into leather items. Highly recommend this, if you have older cherished leather items.

Edited by tink333

• 5 months later...

It smells BEAUTIFUL! Sugared Leather really amazes me. It seems to breath life back into leather items. Highly recommend this, if you have older cherished leather items.

Very interesting thought - for the inside of an older car with leather seats. Thank you!

I think this will be interesting to layer with Sugared Black Currant--sexy and sophisticated.

OK it's funny to quote myself, but anyway...I tried this combo tonight and I love it! The leather throws quite well, and then when you get in closer you get the sensual black currant. :Emoticons0424: