A Treasure of Aquamarine

luna65

AD-ATO-Aqua-LovePotion_.jpg

A Treasure of Aquamarine

Because the color aquamarine is a blending of blue and green palettes, thus its scent is a mix of those same hues. Combining a cool pure evocation of spring water with fresh-cut green stems along with grounding mineral-like touches of resins and a soft dusting of dry vanilla it embodies the clean calming mood of this stone, named for the sea and bringing an aura of courage and clarity to its wearer, swirling with iridescent aqua mica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

AQUATIC ACCORDS (WATER) ~ Cleansing, purifying, fertility, feminine energy, rejuvenation, rebirth, elemental magic.
ROSEVINE (green stems only) ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance. Divination, glamour, feminine energy. Joy, Exhilaration, Love, Intoxication.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Treasure of...Aquamarine

We know what an ambivalent relationship I have with aquatic-based scents. As I've noted, this is highly ironic for a Piscean such as myself. And this gem - whose very name is derived from water - needs such a scent to portray it.

And I need it, of course, because it's my birthstone and I love "blue" scents although of course not all of them are aquatic-based.

But I really like this one, no foolin.' Trust me, no one is more suprised than I. :lol:
(Although I am equally a fan of Embody the Tarot: Temperance, which is also a water scent.)

There's something about this which does evoke the clear clean feeling of water on first application and yet evolves to a deeper layer of flinty sweetness. I know...what? But Mara, connoisseur of water, knows the inherent sweetness mineral water can possess and she captures it perfectly. That quality remains on my skin and lasts and I keep sniffing myself happily. But still that freshness is there just below the surface.

Finally, a Piscean fragrance for a quirky Fish like me. :wub:

Holy schneikies is this delicious. I don't generally care for water or blue scents but this is amazing. The blueberry is not literal on me at any point, and the "clean" evocation is surprisingly very sheer and wet (as opposed to powdery) on my skin, at least so far - Just a few minutes in. This feels suitable for work and daytime and especially outdoors. This is actually somewhat how I expected Mermaids to smell (which while beautifully complex turned out to be too "perfumey" on me for my taste).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm test driving this one today, because it yelled at me to wear it! And since <<<SQUEEEEEEE>>> I just got my lovely January sampler from Mara...well, who am I to argue with a piratical perfume vial???

So I opened the vial and snoofed. Nice! Then I put it on my *skin.* Holy Sheepshit!!! A FOODY AQUATIC!!! No kidding. That is how it sits on me, and I LOVE it. As it's going through drydown, I catch a note that I've always loved. I think different perfumers might achieve it in different ways, but in this case I think Mara may have done it with the rosevine stems. This is going to sound really weird, but it smells like an old wood-and-stone building. Some violet (leaf maybe?) and lilac notes do this for me, too. I ADORE the smell of old buildings! It goes back to when I'd be playing at my maternal grandparent's place. They had 2 outbuildings--one was the "Playhouse," what was probably an old one-room guest house, devoted entirely to the grandkids, and the other was the "Blockhouse," a little brick storage building (with dress-up clothes and old petticoats!!!) with wooden shelving and a concrete floor. The scent of both those places showed up in Treasure of Aquamarine as it was morphing. SWOON!!!! A lot of the houses here on the mountain smell like that, too. Ours poofs it out once in a while as the original part was built in 1925.

So ANYWAY....I get a lovely bright water accord, then the stone/wood/sweet damp earth/old building joins it, and from underneath everything comes that warm foodiness that's got to be the vanilla-sugar-musk-amber-patchouli. Then the stone/wood gradually recedes into the distance. On long drydown I have a slightly floral, vanilla-y, ambery YUM that smells pure LP to me. Not LP Original...just *of* LP in feel. It does feel calming and supportive of clarity and courage, like the gemstone. I am enchanted. :wub:

This starts off pleasant and soft on me, as it dries down something gets really sharp and loud on my skin. It reminds me of a cream Maria used to use in the 80's I think it was from Avon. It was a mint green jar. This also reminds me of Bakersfield and my Aunt's green house and the green bathroom she had. I know it's a blue scent, but I get green for some reason. The association with Maria's cream isn't a bad memory, but going to Bakersfield is. I always felt scared and hated going there, as her house was haunted and freaked me out. Interesting. I will have to retest this and see what it does at a later date.

• 2 months later...

I get the feel of clear running water over a fresh soft floral and vanilla base. It smells like a place I want to be, a hotel with blooming grounds by a calm ocean, not too warm, like Bermuda in January. There's a lounge chair with my name on it.

This starts off pleasant and soft on me, as it dries down something gets really sharp and loud on my skin. It reminds me of a cream Maria used to use in the 80's I think it was from Avon. It was a mint green jar. This also reminds me of Bakersfield and my Aunt's green house and the green bathroom she had. I know it's a blue scent, but I get green for some reason. The association with Maria's cream isn't a bad memory, but going to Bakersfield is. I always felt scared and hated going there, as her house was haunted and freaked me out. Interesting. I will have to retest this and see what it does at a later date.

Aquamarine is actually a bluish-green color, hun.

• 2 months later...

Funny, on today's wearing, I still don't get water but instead Big White Flowers in a vase next to clean crisp powdered white sheets. The feeling, though not the actual scent, of stargzazer lilies and piles of jasmine bushes. EXTREMELY pretty. Now, several hours later, a bit of sheer watery blueberry is coming through. But still mostly FLOWERS. I get NO vanilla and none of the resins. Fantastic stuff

ETA looking back over Luna's review I have to say the same - I almost never like blue or water scents, and blueberry almost never works on me, but I am falling pretty hard for this one. So do try it even if you think it wouldn't be your thing.

ETA: THIS IS MAKING STRANGERS STARE AT ME, or, MAKING ME PARANOID. No, I'm pretty sure they're staring. I thought I was imagining it this am but it has continued all day. It is not lustful or admiring, just STARING. And believe me, I am not lookin' any hot-stuff today. WTF!!!! Must go look up magic intent info

Edited by tyvey

• 2 months later...

:burning-heart: Wanted to come back and reiterate that I LOVE THIS ONE. I still get the whole progression I mentioned above back in February. This is refreshing, rich, and beautiful. I think the rich feel of this has increased with age. I've been strongly drawn to Aquamarine recently, so I checked the ingredients. Well, DUH! It's chock-full of self confidence and riches and fertility. That's completely part of what I'm working on right now!!! I'd better go check out the intent of the other ATOs. B)

AQUATIC ACCORDS (WATER) ~ Cleansing, purifying, fertility, feminine energy, rejuvenation, rebirth, elemental magic.

ROSEVINE (green stems only) ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance. Divination, glamour, feminine energy. Joy, Exhilaration, Love, Intoxication.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.

ETA! I also need to mention the extreeeeeme drydown: Subtle, sweet, musk/patchouli/sugar/vanilla lusciousness. Total skin scent. Totally ROCKS. :Emoticons0424:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 1 year later...

AD-ATO-Aqua-LovePotion_.jpg

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/ATOAquamarine/

A Treasure of Aquamarine

“Because the color aquamarine is a blending of blue and green palettes, thus its scent is a mix of those same hues. Combining a cool pure evocation of spring water with fresh-cut green stems along with grounding mineral-like touches of resins and a soft dusting of dry vanilla it embodies the clean calming mood of this stone, named for the sea and bringing an aura of courage and clarity to its wearer, swirling with iridescent aqua mica.”

Classified as an Office-Friendly scent, A Treasure of Aquamarine is listed as a Limited Edition. With AQUATIC ACCORDS (WATER) as one of the notes this blend may suit your needs as a spring and / or summer scent dolls. I think I may have a sniffee of this blend and look forward to taking it for a test run.

Edited by ComingUpRoses

CUR, with all due respect, these posts of yours are getting a bit annoying. If I want to see the label, I will go look at it. I don't need you putting it (or copying/pasting the description) in your post. There are several on here that you state that you have not tried, but you are posting info that sounds like you are trying to just get your post count up. Sorry, but that is the way that it looks.

Dolly –gurl!!! :heart708: Thanks for keepin’ it real, I appreciate the dialogue! :heart708: It’s not my intent to cause annoyance. Please don’t let it be so…life’s too short to get ruffled over trivialities. Of course I’ll cease and desist posthaste :D

I’m not able to detect the various ‘notes’ like the ladies with wonderfully discerning noses. So I go to the Perfumerie, read up on a blend I have or I’m interested in learning more about and post in the respective thread. The newer threads in the forum have the labels and ingredients. The labels are tres exquisite and make for a “purty” thread. The older threads don’t have that so I thought doing something similar would standardize the old with new. I hoped my posts might initiate dialogue which would benefit everyone. And ultimately, if interest was created or increased –that has to be a beautiful thing :love:

Regarding the post count, it matters not -truly :wink2:. The free shipping here at LPMP is most kind. Insofar as that goes, I resolved to never request the two monthly samples or dollar credits for any posts. Have not done so thus far and never intended to. I’m quite taken with the shipping and feel that’s more than enough. I wanted to learn about the LPs and found this to be a good way. It's easy enough to regroup. I’ll go back to the drawing board and try really hard to “learn notes!!!” Sniff-sniff-sniff :love: . When I have breakthrough and better erudition of the LPs, I’ll post again :heart: :hearts09793: :heart:

Edited by ComingUpRoses

The older threads don’t have that so I thought doing something similar would standardize the old with new. I hoped my posts might initiate dialogue which would benefit everyone. And ultimately, if interest was created or increased –that has to be a beautiful thing :love:

I appreciate that you were trying to help, but with the older scents, as they are sold out, there's really no need for "standardization" with the review threads. If you have ideas or concerns I would request that you please contact me - the board admin - first before taking any action of your own. My email address is in my journal.

I appreciate that you were trying to help, but with the older scents, as they are sold out, there's really no need for "standardization" with the review threads. If you have ideas or concerns I would request that you please contact me - the board admin - first before taking any action of your own. My email address in is my journal.

Thank you for your affability. Yes, I most certainly will hereon. I genuinely did not think to this time because I didn’t believe it was overstepping boundaries. Those posts were an attempt to learn, engage, be creative -and helpful while at it. I’m sorry things went so awry. I would have stopped right away had I been told to.

• 6 months later...

This one was another surprise to me. These gemstone ones are full of surprises!

In the bottle I get the ocean. I'd swear that there was seaweed in it, but I guess it's just the aquatic accords. Is there saltwater? Because it has a bit of a briny edge to it at first for me. After wearing it for a bit, it turns all powdery and soft, but still with an aquatic undertone. Honestly, I thought I'd like it more because I like the "wet" scents. But I almost feel like my preferences change sometimes with some scents...like I'll like a scent one day and won't the next, or vice-versa. This happens a lot. So maybe I'm just not in an "aquatic" mood right now? I dunno. I'll have to try it again sometime.

Don't get me wrong; I don't dislike it. It's just not one that's making me snuffle my wrists constantly.

• 11 months later...

This one is so strange to me. I sort of get a vague watery blueberry, something clean and linen-ish, and something brown sugar-like? Maybe it's the amber. I love the idea and I get what this is going for but it's just so warm on me, and I was hoping more for a cool mineral type scent. Wherever the warm notes are coming from they don't seem to mesh well with the aquatic notes, so I think something about my chemistry is breaking down an essential element of the blend or amping something it shouldn't.

• 6 months later...

I bought this off Etsy. With its vanilla note, I felt like I couldn’t lose, but I was also expecting a watery tone.

So, I was a little baffled when I smelled caramel out of the bottle which is not bad, but I was expecting watery with the aquatic accord and rosevines being listed first for notes. So, upon first application, I said “Caramel Musk, is that you?” which I have. Then I went over and smelled my actual Caramel Musk and they are not the same, Caramel Musk being much sweeter and candy-like. But , to my nose, there is a scent memory of Caramel Musk which must come from the other notes of vanilla, sugar, musk, amber, and patchouli also in this fragrance. Sometimes I almost get a sweet roll, not quite cinnamon roll, but sweet roll quality from it.

After wearing it about an hour, I would sum it up as green caramel musk. It’s nice, just not what I expected when I think of the color aquamarine. I was not expecting the sweetness; I was expecting green and water notes with vanilla. But, everyone thinks it smells good as do I.

My son, noting the aqua mica, told me I should get a nail polish in that color!

• 3 years later...

Sundays are my “me” days so I try new-to-me scents on Sundays.  This started very aquatic, but as it dried down, it bloomed into this almost spicy sweet vanilla musk. Sweet but very clean, and I really like it. A perfect aquatic for people who don’t always get along with aquatics.