Love Potion: Latte

Hmmph :huh: So far Latte is one of the few my skin hasn't made incensey in any stage of dry down. Fascinating, this whole chemistry thing is SO bizarre....

This was all delicious creamy vanilla to me when wet, but after dry down it just turned a little funky on my skin, like soured milk maybe. I did not detect any of the other notes.

This is wonderful!

So sweet and comforting.

It's much more cream than coffee on my skin; a hint of caramel also (a very pale, soft caramel) but I can't really detect any cinnamon.

It's the scent you'd want to wrap yourself in when you're feeling poorly and tired and cold; just snuggle up with this soft, cozy scent.

The only downside is that I really have to restrain myself from sipping the sample! ;)

Sniffed out of the vial, this reminded me of some yummy cappuccino chocolate truffles I had at Christmas. On the skin, the sprinkle of cinnamon is there on the top resting on a nice fluffy pile of whipped cream lightly drizzled with caramel, with the creamy coffee underneath. An amazing, almost 3-D experience. When I close my eyes and sniff my wrist, I almost expect to get whipped cream on my nose, haha! In the late drydown, the cinnamon, caramel, and whipped cream fade,(just like if you were drinking a real one!) but the smooth coffee remains, and doesn't morph much after that. Absolutely delicious.

• 1 month later...

^^^I know what you mean about the caramel note, MDC, it sadly disappeared all too quickly on me. I'm anxiously awaiting for my Sugared English Toffee so that I can try it again, and hopefully it will give me the extra "oomph" that I'm looking for. I really loved Latte and am hoping this will work out!

OOOOOoooooo! MDC and JudyO - both of those sound like great pairings to try! I have SET coming too, and I already have Aja....I know what I'll be wearing today now! ^_^

This one sadly fades quite fast on me :( It's lovely before it fades tho... After drydown I get a creamy coffee scent with the creaminess being very much like the coconut you get in suntan lotion or cocoabutter. Odd as I don't think there are any nuts at all in this one?

• 1 month later...

This one drives me crazy! I love it in the bottle, but I want to drink it, not wear it. It smells EXACTLY like a nice, creamy, yummy latte.

I decided to try it yesterday after reading about how the scents can change after they dry and meld with your body chemistry. So it started out all coffee-ish, and then it became a very strongly caramelized scent, with just a hint of coffee underneath. I didn't detect cinnamon at all (I don't like cinnamon scents); I had no idea it even had cinnamon in it.

I like it, but I don't know if it's "me," you know? I will need to try it a few more times to decide, I think.

• 4 months later...

I've got this as a freebie and I really wanted to like it. It's smells too much coffee when you put it on but once it dried down, it mellows a bit. The funny thing though is I am a coffee girl. All I drink is coffee until dinner when I actually eat something.

Self effect: concentration/focus. I think just by smelling it makes me actually focus doing my homework :say19:

As for effects on others... hubby is not a fan of coffee but he doesn't mind the smell. My son and my dog loves it, go figure :Emoticons10311:

Edited by ashlei

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

This one aged beautifuly. It reminds me of my childhood, when I slept over at my late grandma's. She would make perfect coffee every morning, so for breakfast all I would have was a piece of bread and coffee she made... I miss her so much...

I love how a scent can take you back in the past...

• 1 month later...

This is the best latte I've ever had! (Had to. ;)) Best smelling one at least.

A divine, *decadent*, and delicious surprise! Rich. Silky. Creamy. Delectable. All the notes are in symphony. Nothing takes center stage or eclipses another. (Much to my surprise considering the notes, my skin chemistry, & how I thought it would play out.) It's also not dark on me/to me as others have noted. Love how fragrances vary for everyone. :) There's a real tactile sensation to this one for me. Like lounging on a velvet settee @ a cafe or holding a plush velvet throw pillow drinking your favorite cup. Or wrapped and lounging in ivory satin sheets. Comforting feels & fabrics. In irony to it's name, I want to wear this to bed. It has a huggable quality. :) Which is a good thing because in the daytime it would be totally lethal to my diet as it makes me want to indulge in rich & sinfully decadent desserts!

Edited by BelleDuJour

• 1 month later...

This is not dark on me either. I love it. I'd love a bottle boosted with MLH and another with Leather & cops for a different day or night. I dream...

I just had this out for a spin a few days back. It's aged beautifully and smells absolutely amazing! Converting some to spray just makes me fog all the more...no wonder it's said that people blow through sprays more readily than the oils :D I can vouch for that at least with me! ^_^

• 2 months later...

Just got a spray version of this. It's such a true light, creamy latte scent, with that caramel hint others have mentioned, that sometimes I find myself looking down as though I've just spilled coffee on my clothes (I often drink caramel lattes). It's got a good strength and throw to it, but is not heavy or overwhelming at all. I only need a couple of sprays, but like to renew the scent a couple of times through the day.

I can heartily recommend combining this with Caramel Musk for a more lingering caramel note.

Edited by vladmyra

Ooooo! Really? Caramel musk...then this would be a good compliment to the scented T.M.I....

This is a favorite of mine. Looooove. It's not overpowering and I get compliments every time I wear it ^_^

• 1 month later...

This starts off as a light, creamy, caramel coffee scent, then transforms into a darker coffee as the amber and patchouli comes out. Near the end of the drydown, it smells kind of like coffee remains, and the coffee scent is very intense throughout. I wish I could have that initial creamy caramel coffee note all the way through though. Gonna test this out more before deciding if I want to get a FB or not.

• 1 month later...

I loved this out of the vial (I adore the smell of coffee) but my skin quickly turned the vanilla plastic while the rest of the notes faded quite a bit :( But when I paired this with Mara's Rocket Fuel (which turns into a subtle nutty scent on me, strangely), they combined to make a yummy, somewhat nutty latte scent--no plastic detectable! :)

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 3 months later...

I didn't think I would like to smell like coffee but I guess I was wrong. After trying this, I decided I needed a full bottle! This one goes through like 3 different stages on me and I love all of them. First it smells just like strong black coffee, then it's like a creamy, lightly spiced latte. The long drydown is a beautiful amber. It reminds me of Ambre Amour! I don't really get any caramel though. Maybe caramel smells like coffee to me and I can't pick it out.