Love Potion: Latte

AD-LP-Latte_1.jpg

COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
BLACK AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LPLatte/

I envision myself sitting on the rim of LP Latte's coffee cup eagerly awaiting her ok to jump in :love: . When I first joined LPMP, I was puzzled by the posts devoted to swooning over foody scents. "Who would want so smell like food?" I wondered. "Why would someone want to smell like food?" :huh: Well divas I've joined you on the other side :^^: . I'm glad it didn't take that long. I'm so open to anything non-floral nowadays. I'd love to even out my inventory by building it up with foody scents. LP Latte, take my hand please...

Edited by ComingUpRoses

I'm very intrigued by this one because I adore all things coffee, but I think this needs to be a sample first because of the cinnamon. I tend to amp that mercilessly, and while sometimes that's OK (ah, LP Red!) sometimes it gets out of control.

...."someone who possessed delicious apprehension of stimulation...." yep!

I need no other incentive.

I'm very intrigued by this one because I adore all things coffee, but I think this needs to be a sample first because of the cinnamon. I tend to amp that mercilessly, and while sometimes that's OK (ah, LP Red!) sometimes it gets out of control.

When the cinnamon amps up on you, does it downplay all the other notes to the extent you only smell cinnamon? Is that what that you mean? I'm thinking it wouldn't be so bad to smell like cinnamon if your chemistry wears it well...? Not saying *you* should. Just thinking in general terms is all ^_^ lots to learn.

Edited by ComingUpRoses

When the cinnamon amps up on you, does it downplay all the other notes to the extent you only smell cinnamon? Is that what that you mean? I'm thinking it wouldn't be so bad to smell like cinnamon if your chemistry wears it well...? Not saying *you* should. Just thinking in general terms is all ^_^ lots to learn.

Yeah, in my experience the cinnamon can dominate everything, and in some cases it can have a slightly metallic edge on me as a scent. As I said, LP Red is a total win for me, both because I can smell the other notes and because the cinnamon itself is soft and foodie. But I've experienced other LPs that I thought would be totally yummilicious based on the description (OK, let's face it, there isn't an LP that doesn't sound like something I want based on the description!) but on my skin the cinnamon both wipes out the other notes and gets kind of hard and sharp.

So with this one -- if it didn't have the cinnamon, based on my experiences with all the other notes, I might have been reckless and have gone full bottle (in general I TRY to sample things first! But every once in a while there is something which sounds so likely to be a win that I just go for it!). But because there is a chance that for me, I'll put this on and instead of coffee/cream/amber/patch/vanilla I'll just get hard sharp cinnamon (while others are getting the aforementioned gorgeous blend) I'm going to play it safe with the sampler.

My aim for this one was a very creamy sweet caramel coffee. (The cinnamon is so light you might not even notice it). I wanted to flip the conceptions between the chocolate and coffee scents. So Latte is the lighter, sweeter one, and Bittersweet is very dark and dense.

@ Blackcat hoping for great chemistry with you and LP Latte. Glad you got the sampler and can't wait to hear your final verdict on this blend. A "Boo" and a "Hiss" to the hard sharp cinnamon reaction. May it not cross your path in this blend :lol: . Based on Mara's post, looks like you may very well be in luck :rolleyes:

Yes, this sounds very hopeful!! I find that fascinating, to flip the concepts, and it makes total sense now that I went full bottle right away on the Bittersweet, since I am a dark and dense lady when it comes to how I take my beverages... :lol: ... but this will be the first one I test out of the sampler, I can tell already!

Ditto here!

My aim for this one was a very creamy sweet caramel coffee. (The cinnamon is so light you might not even notice it). I wanted to flip the conceptions between the chocolate and coffee scents. So Latte is the lighter, sweeter one, and Bittersweet is very dark and dense.

Thank you for this - you actually just reduced my anxiety and INCREASED my anticipation 10 fold! :lol

UPDATE!

Just out of the mail! In the vial, YES! Caramel coffee! I was thinking it's much lighter than Titillating Temptress, but there IS a distinctly caramel scent in with the coffee and in the vial I don't pick up cinnamon at all so I had to put some on. It is there, but barely - like when they sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top for aroma and color contrast to the cream but it doesn't really impact the taste so much as the visual and scent perception. It's also crazy on dry down how it is DISTINCTLY LP -WOW! Full Bottle.

Edited by NuTrix

It's delicious, and I would bathe in it! Very light on the cinnamon. Much more creamy coffee (not dark/bitter) and dollop of caramel makes it droolworthy.

I'm testing this one again today because I was thinking FB yesterday right out of the post, but much later, couple-few hours, most of the creamy caramel latte was gone and the cinnamon was all that was left :( So now I'm retrying - in a slather! OHMYGOSH! I LOVE this straight out of the vial! Like Katz said above - would totally bathe in this! Caramel lattes and cappuccinos are my absolute favorite coffees. I like espresso too - but really - caramel? Need I ask?! But...yes, the dreaded BUT. My skin is eating up that creamy caramel quickly, as it too must love it greedily just like my taste buds! I DO like the cinnamon sprinkled latte that is left behind, but I don't think I like it enough to go fb...buuuut I'm also really liking that roasted coffee bean vibe. OK! It wins! FB it s! Damn my weakness for coffee scents! :lol2:

Edited by NuTrix

No, it says there's 5 SPRAYS in the cart, but still 37 bottles. :)

Whew.... sorry for the panic! I was already thinking this is a FB for me. This being good and waiting for my sampler can be too much. :lol: Edited by StacyK

Drat. Day 3 and still, the deliciousness gives way to cinnamon. I wonder why I amp it so. I like cinnamon - I DO! But I may stay faithful to my TT for my truly coffee scent. I'm reneging my decision on a FB : :( Ruddy chemistry!

UPDATE - it's 3 hours later and I've suddenly realized - no cinnamon and that it's back to creamy caramel coffee goodness! OHPLEASEOHPLEASE let it be so and stay so!!!!

Edited by NuTrix

Miss D! This could be for you!

I actually quite slathered it today and WOW did I get compliments! The cinnamon chilled and the creamy latte stayed and stayed! I was Sooooo worried about the cin note, but I'm so glad I kept trialing it. I actually showered about 8 hours ago and then slathered this on over unscented BANG! The guys at work went nuts over it :lol2: and I have to admit, this is the best wear so far. 8 hours later I'm still smelling creamy, caramel goodness and wondering if I should make another order or just wait until July! :lol:

Delicious creamy caramel coffee, Batman! This one is just yum. Reminds me a teensy bit of La Vie De Boheme, but probably because of the coffee note. I think if I had a guy he would be glued to my neck while wearing this :)

I have *sadface* because I'm not getting any caramel out of it right now, which I would love to experience. This one does the coffee amber thing on me like some other coffee scents have previously, although there really isn't any sweetness at all coming up on my skin. Or cinnamon for that matter. I think Black Amber tends to shove all the other notes off the runway and turns it into Divafest: It's All About Me with my chemistry. :lol:

It's officially going on the FB list!

Maybe it just needed longer to settle than a day or 2. I guess that's not unheard of. I know some of the ladies here have waited a week or more to test and re-test things. I was SO sad when I started amping the cinnamon because I wanted that right out of the vial smell - BADLY.

Granted, it isn't as intensely caramel as it is out of the vial and the cinnamon flares up a bit just after dry down - but then once it settles it's been fantastic! I'm soooo happy I didn't give up! This one is actually my favorite of them all :)

Sweet heavenly crap. This is delicious! Creamy coffee with a hint of cinnamon teasing at the edges. The caramel is not as strong as I would have hoped, but it’s perfect for this. Just a hint to sweeten things up. And (to my nose anyway) it’s the light creamy kind, almost bordering on dulce de leche. Then the wonderful vanilla-patchouli LP base. I want to bathe in this and drink it!!

The Marine hasn't liked anything I asked him to smell this month. I'm hoping he likes this. I read an article just yesterday that said the Finnish are some of the most voracious coffee drinkers in the world, so fingers crossed...? But even if he doesn't, TOUGH! I'm buying it and he will just have to suck it up! :lol:

Sad face on the Latte! In the vial this is everything I could want -- creamy caramel coffee, rich and dark and delicious. So far my stupid skin is turning it to muddy burnt paper. I will continue to try and see if it improves but right now it is being very bratty.

Loving this this morning. This is a DARK, coffee so I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it.

A strong dark brewed coffee made lush with creamy vanilla. The added touch of Carmel sugar is just right. On my skin it adds just a touch brightening sweetness but does not take away from that deep dark roasted quality that I love.

This sort of yin yang. It's dark and bright at the same time. Foody , but that dark amber keeps it real and sophisticated.

I smell like I just walked out of some incredibly delectable coffee house in the Village.

Edited by StacyK

wet, there is that wonderful, heady, nose-in-the-french-press black fresh ground coffee that no one does like LP. Quickly however my nemesis black amber comes along and gives it an incensey aspect that, while not ruining the whole thing quite, frowns rather hard at me. As it dries down it comes and goes.

From beginning to end though my nose also reads the amber and/or possibly the patchouli as smoke...so right now, late drydown, it's a coffee-laced Allumette, quite fantastic. Still a shade incensey for my taste when the amber/patch assert themselves - I'm not mysterious or sultry enough to quite pull it off - but will enjoy my sample.

Knockout labels btw.

Edited by tyvey

Omfg this is the one of best coffee scents I've ever tried! It smells like walking into a Starbucks, or taking that first sip of a caramel macchiato. This is a surprise win for me and I'm actually considering a full bottle. The cinnamon is behaved, the patch is hiding out. I'm getting all creamy coffee with caramel swirl. I want a drink that smells like this now!

:thumb_up11: When I was "plotting out" my June NR "have to haves" (which was futile, because they ALL became H2Hs! - Thank you LUNA for making it impossible to "LOOK AWAY...") :001_07: this one was NOT on my first list... now I love a good cup of joe and the whole sensory (or scent-sory for that matter) fresh roasted, brewed, Starbucks vibe, I did NOT think I'd want to wear it. Wrong-O. It is luscious and soft and bright and gives me all the warm fuzzies I enjoy with my first cup of good coffee in the morning. I can't think what to pair with this one (in terms of UNs) so I'd love some suggestions from the vets. I don't know if I'd go the cop route but maybe spritzing Topper on this one would make for a start to a great day!

Edited by LoveStruck55

See I was thinking in the other direction tho I can see CB. I first thought of LFN. :lol:

I just think LFN with a coffee scent is a good pairing.

Hmmmm.... I was leaning a little toward LFM with this one. I just love huffing it while it's wet and wish that the coffee/carmel top note would last a little longer on me. Tried it even with Monistat chaffing gel, and it goes poof a little too fast. However, without fail, I am left craving a frappuccino whenever I put it on.

Hubby announced that this was a "good one", that he "liked it" and "I should get a bottle" :swoon:

He has NEVER said that about any other sample - though he has said he liked some I have already purchased bottles of. This is the first time I've been TOLD to get a FB by him. THAT'S saying something right there ladies!

He has NEVER said that about any other sample - though he has said he liked some I have already purchased bottles of. This is the first time I've been TOLD to get a FB by him. THAT'S saying something right there ladies!

I'll say. Sure beats the scrunchy-face look that SO takes my "I feel sexy-meter" down to ZERO. :cat692:

Is he a coffee-guy? My HB isn't - but he does like the smell of coffee beans (and will indulge in the VERY occasional cappucino after a dinner out) so he actually LOVES this one (probably because it triggers the occasional "treat" memory ala Pavlov's Dog).

You go GF and get that FB (and maybe a few more since there's always that extra space in the shipping box that shouldn't go to waste...) :bye:

Edited by LoveStruck55

Never let the scunchi face steal your joy! :lol:

He's not a coffee guy per se. The caffeine actually gives him headaches but, like your guy, he will occasionally indulge. I on the other hand SWOON at a good cappuccino, espresso or latte...I never saw that coming from him!

And yes, if there are any left for the July releases, I will happily home a small handful ^_^

This is awesome on me! I'm not getting much caramel, just a very nice, creamy-light coffee. The cinnamon is definitely present, but not overwhelming. It did seem to fade rather quickly, but then again, I haven't been moisturizing all that well lately. It will definitely get a few more tests before I rule it out as a full bottle. One of my favorites of the NR's I have tested so far.

I claim the incensey thing is a bit tough for me and yet this has come unbidden to mind & made me wear it, with great frequency, and the incensey thing bothers me less and less every time i wear it. Sneakily addictive methinks.