Ivory Cats: Goddess of the Blue Moon w/ La Femme Noire

AD3-BlueMoon.jpg

BLUE LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
BAMBOO ~ Fertility, wisdom, feminine energy. Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes.
WHITE WILLOW ~ Feminine energy, inspiration, fertility.
MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I can see why so many of you like this. This is not a scent for me, but it is a VERY pleasant fragrance.

Very clean and light and watery/aquatic. Would be completely office friendly. This is completely complimentary for LFN.

I love how, while it reads "clean" to me, it's not heavy or soapy. I've always enjoyed the LP fragrances that evoke a sense of water to me - is that the lotus, the bamboo or maybe the mosses? I don't know, but it just works ^_^

I think if you loved it before, you will be very happy with this re-brew :heart:

I'm not going to exactly compare this to the original because I have only a vague memory of how the original smells (sorry). But to me it is clean and watery and a bit soapy, I think maybe it's somewhat less floral than the original (?). I think the musk is a bit more present in this version. It's not my thing but I imagine those who enjoyed the original will like this version too. Actually, were it not for the phero I think a guy could possibly wear this one too.

The only floral was/is the Blue lotus. In the original, on me, it comes off as a light, sheer'ish blue floral. "Floral" isn't the #1 thing I notice but it's there. On me the V-I is light, blue, watery & lotus. Lots of depth but refreshing and fortifying. I don't think it ever read as soapy. Clean'ish & aquatic tho to be sure.

Can't wait. :)

Yes I know what the notes are, I just wasn't sure I could do a direct comparison between the two versions without taking the time to find my original trial vial. But many things end up smelling soapy to me which don't to anyone else, my nose is weird like that with certain ingredients.

Lotus often smells soapy to me as well.

Yes that is a point. Not GOTBM. But sugared lotus is a bit water/soapy on me.

Luna I was just wondering if the notes were the same as used last time. Maybe the Lotus is different? Also this having LFN Instead of LFM could change the scent a bit?

It's all good to me. I will be fine with any approximation of this scent. It is so work & play friendly.

Edited by StacyK

It's not my thing but I imagine those who enjoyed the original will like this version too. Actually, were it not for the phero I think a guy could possibly wear this one too.

Haha - looking at the ingredients and description - depending on how "floral" the floral is - I was about thinking the same thing - other than the pheromone package, it is probably close to unisex given the ingredients!

Initial reaction:

My first reaction when gettinf a whiff of this beauty was that of an older woman. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet, but I will have to wait and see how it smells on me! I

can smell the lotus and oh my!! It smells divine!! I can't really smell cops from LFN in this like I can in closer, but even in closer it's not bad! Maybe the older lass scent is

due to the cops??? I'm not sure. Or maybe it's the musk!! Ah hard to tell as i'm new to all this lol.

I would like to wear it out, but I got a little bit of closer on me and I'm scared if I add GOTBM, that I will be over doing it :(

So I'll wear closer out for a bit and maybe spray a little smidge of GOTBM before work to see any possible effects!

Edited by Curiousnose

This is definitely floral aquatic. And the color it evoques is light blue. The name is fitting!

I love it and wouldn't have thought to pair the scent with LFN. Hubby likes it too, so it's a win!

Edited by phergineer

Nice. I am not an aquatic scent fanatic but I can see wearing it daytime in Spring. It's sheer on me. The floral is not really floral on me....it's more like cactus and aloe milkyness..a high note over a cold blue lake aquatic. It smells crisp and clean but I am not getting soapy at all. I never would have purchased this but it came in the set and it reminds me that my tastes are expanding and growing. I can see wearing this with a blue floral dress and a white cardigan and feeling like Grace Kelly.

Mmm, this one is very lovely and different from what I usually go full bottle on, so thank you full bottle set for taking that decision out of my hands! As others have said, very clean, but at the same time very complex, and I am not getting soapiness with it. It really does conjure up visions of a lotus pool, the stillness of water with koi flashing through below and gorgeous bedewed water lilies. I am so thrilled to have an LFN enhanced scent that works for me!

ETA: Ohhhhhh, the long drydown of this is fantastic! It somehow both gets softer and more intense. There is a prickly rustle to it, like a field full of reeds rustling in a strong breeze...

Edited by Blackcat

At about an hour after application, there was a nearly peppery quality that came to the forefront. It threatened to turn the lotus into something harsh, but within half an hour the sharpness stepped back and the bamboo began to round out the scent. At about two hours, and ever after, the balance has been spot on.

Well of course this was my first one on, right out of the box! Wow!!

I was a tad fearful when Mara mentioned she slightly adjusted the scent. That was totally needless. Honestly it's pretty much the same on my skin. :D.

This LP isn't about notes, it's about me. How I feel in it. Amazing!

The scent and aura here says it all. Amazing mojo.

I'm all WOMAN!! Hear me roar!! A beautiful SUPERCHARGED feminine goddess.

This scent does well by day. But, this goddess shines powerfully at night too.

She's on the ball, anytime.

The addition of LFN extends the power & influence here. The goddess is now all powerful. Watch out! :heart:

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...

Having joined the LPMP community after GotBM (w LFM) was already gone, I was looking forward to trying this LFN version. It's lovely--a perfectly sophisticated scent to pair with either phero. The aquatic notes give it a nice freshness. Will be wearing frequently!

ETA that I road-tested this last night (first time wearing LFN outside). I just sort of felt more attractive, which is typical when I wear LFM, so naturally this sexier version felt good to wear. Got extra attention from Blond Bartender, plus he poured me an extra drink and also gave me a small dish to munch on. :purr:

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 3 weeks later...

Stealth sexy. This clean, fresh, lightly floral aquatic scent makes me feel like an undercover agent unleashing mysterious sexy vibes of confident femininity upon unsuspecting passersby wherever I go. To me it is electric blue, tempered with wispy tendrils of cloud-white. Like Sneaky Clean, this is a clean-sexy masterpiece.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wearing this again tonight, and after a few hours of melding into my skin, it's developed a slightly sweet chewiness to it (I don't know if that's anyone else's experience). I love how this has been all night, from initial application though now. :Emoticons04235:

Edited by Witty Kitty

It reminds me of a body lotion my mom used to have when I was a kid.

Clean and a bit soapy, indeed it is very feminine.

Though I must confess... I'm used to associate LFN with much warmer-smelling scents, spicy or floriental...this clean aquatic floral seems too cool a smell for a sultry blend like LFN.

I don't want to smell like my mom, not that there's anything wrong with her smell but it makes me freak out... because I feel like she's here beside me when she's miles away. It's like having an olfactory ghost next to you, if that makes sense...

I have a feeling LFM would have worked better with this cool, confident blend.

I'm sticking to warmer scents for the time being. :)

• 1 month later...

The scent is surprisingly clean for LFN. I wore it out to a customer/work dinner where I wanted to feel sexy but classy. I must say it made me feel a bit odd, maybe I OD-ed. I felt confident, but like there was a wall around me.

• 1 year later...

I bought a full bottle purely because it was a rebrew and seemed so popular. I get fresh, white, powdery, green, floral, aquatic. It is very similar to Dragonfly which I also have, but this one is more sophisticated and tad sweeter as it blooms. At the very end I get a patchouli type drydown which is just fine with me. :)