Bonbon Booty w/ Sexology

AD-BonbonBooty_540x.jpg?v=1588359985

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

When Mara and I began discussing this one originally I got excited in terms of another "fuckable gourmand" kind of perfume and I would say it definitely qualifies!  The dark chocolate when juxtaposed against the creamy vanilla, and in conjunction with the honey, makes it edible and yet absolutely sexy.  It's not that it smells like Glistening Buttons (as example), but it has that same mood to it, a yumminess which may not reference any specific kind of edible thing.  This one definitely sticks and hugs the skin, and I can't discern any phero signature at all, so I think that's especially good for close encounters. :666:

ETA: in the long drydown the honey becomes more prominent and it's so nice, kind of a medium-weight note, definitely more on the sugary side but still retaining that sexy vibe.

49 minutes ago, luna65 said:

When Mara and I began discussing this one originally I got excited in terms of another "fuckable gourmand" kind of perfume and I would say it definitely qualifies!  The dark chocolate when juxtaposed against the creamy vanilla, and in conjunction with the honey, makes it edible and yet absolutely sexy.  It's not that it smells like Glistening Buttons (as example), but it has that same mood to it, a yumminess which may not reference any specific kind of edible thing.  This one definitely sticks and hugs the skin, and I can't discern any phero signature at all, so I think that's especially good for close encounters. :666:

Soooo happy to see a review on this, thank you ! I have 4 fb of the NR & this is definitely the one that I'm looking forward to the most....also, I think that ' fuckable gourmand ' is my new fave perfume term 🤣

LOL, it is one of my proud additions to the LPMP lexicon! 

33 minutes ago, bliss3 said:

Honestly I would have ordered it just for the name 😅

It's a cute name, right?  When Mara said it to me I remember I laughed so hard and exclaimed, "That's perfect!"

Like Halo, I haven't tested this on skin yet, but I agree, oob, it's so delicious smelling, it's just sinful ! Not sure if this is happening for anyone else, but there is something in this that REALLY reminds me of Wild Cherry, but without the cherry, obviously. I know the obvious thought is ' Well duh, both have dark chocolate ' but it's something that doesn't smell chocolate to me...I assumed when I had Wild Cherry that it was the vetiver because I never had anything with that note, before Wild Cherry...I'm kind of wondering now if it's just how it smells when Sexology is in the chocolate scents ? Or maybe I'm just REALLY overthinking this 🤣 Either way, I love this already & can't wait to try it on skin...

Okay, so after my shower last night, I couldn't wait to try this, so I did...this is soooo sexy & lickable ! I get mostly chocolate, plus whatever I'm picking up that was reminding me of Wild Cherry, & it was just dripping honey. Honey usually only works for me combined with fruit, so I was nervous about ordering a full bottle, but I'm really glad that I took that leap of faith because this was just decadent. And for some reason, the Sexology hit me HARD last night lol. I wear OCCOs all the time, so not sure why. Anyway, so far, this is my favorite, although I did just put on Rocket Fuel w/ Bang Bang & already, it's vying for that spot...but that's a review for another thread 🤣

Edited by StrawberryKitten

31 minutes ago, luna65 said:

But Sexology has other things in it too, so it's meant to provoke a deeper response.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of that ? 😅 It's definitely good to know that this blends works that well for me, though. I can't remember at all if Wild Cherry had that effect, but I think that I barely put any on, because that was my first jump into sexual pheros & I was 🐓

Edited by StrawberryKitten

On 5/11/2020 at 3:04 PM, StrawberryKitten said:

there is something in this that REALLY reminds me of Wild Cherry, but without the cherry, obviously. I know the obvious thought is ' Well duh, both have dark chocolate ' but it's something that doesn't smell chocolate to me

Maybe they both use a similar smelling amber?

This is sweet, chocolatey goodness!  I am ready to lick my wrists, lol. The chocolate is dominant on me, but I can smell the sweetness of the honey and a little vanilla peeking through. If you love tooth-achingly yummy scents, as I do, this is the one for you! 

On 5/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, luna65 said:

When Mara and I began discussing this one originally I got excited in terms of another "fuckable gourmand" kind of perfume and I would say it definitely qualifies! 

Absolutely qualifies. Sometimes, especially when sampling, I forget about the phero's intent. In this case, the phero's power

I put it on with my man on sofa next to me, made him wait until it was at least dry to sniff. He said something about the chocolate being too much, or something like that. Then ten minutes went by..., and that's all you need to know about that. :wink88:

I have linked Sexpionage and Sexology together in my mind, which is dumb because the response on my man is different. Or rather, his approach is different? They both end the same! But sexology (because of the EST, I suppose) encourages either more cuddling or jokes, a little more connection, Sexpionage encourages more aggression, although a little less than Cougar. Although I don't know what's in Cougar, so I can't make phero / lack of EST assumptions.

I think I will be playing with Sexology more, it's suitable for cozy afternoon sex. Good for 'sheltering' in place. Sexpionage is better for "needing to get to sleep soon, but..." sex. 

This one is so yummy. When it first goes on, it smelled like literal candy on me: all honey and chocolate.  After a couple of hours it dries down into a soft chocolatey amber.

Oh, I meant to say, this one lasts. It would be cool for a first time sleepover, it would linger enough that someone would keep getting little reminders of you on sheets or pillows, or just in the air.

• 4 months later...

I must say, I was surprised by this one. 

This is the first LPMP I'm posting a review for, and it hasn't even settled from the post yet, but I loved my first impression so much that I have to say something about it. 

I mostly bought a trial to test out the Sexology phero, and because it sounded like a scent one of my partners would enjoy. In the past, chocolate gourmands from other companies have gone a little off on my skin - stale and woody and dusty smelling, and if they were a dark chocolate note often a little medicinal too. But I think I've just worked out why LPMP's gourmands have the reputation I've heard about in the indie perfume community. 

In the vial, this smells deceptively flat and admittedly, a little artificial. Cream, sugary honey, vanilla extract and a chocolate/cocoa note. I can't decide whether the chocolate smells realistic, or like fake chocolate flavouring. Maybe a little amber hanging around. The whole scent smells yummy, sure, but I left me expecting to smell like a particularly pleasant candle.

On my skin, however, it blooms. Immediately. Several years ago, my ex's parents bought me back a box of Pierre Hermé chocolate bon bons from a trip to Paris. They were caramel filled, but the caramel had obviously been brought to the point of almost burning, and was about as deep, dark and bitter as the chocolate was. I can remember opening the box and being struck by the scent, its fullness, and its complexity. 

On my skin, this perfume brings back that scent memory. The amber immediately comes out, and the chocolate transforms into something that smells high-quality and rich. The cream is surprisingly strong, and combines beautifully with the honey and vanilla into a smooth, caramel-like middle note. The vanilla becomes much more bean-like, and gets a floral dimension. There is something syrupy about the mixture, but in a deep and surprisingly sophisticated way. Part expensive liqueur, part "imagine resin but candy". I ended up rambling to my partner after I tried it, about how different it is to most gourmands I've tried. It doesn't lean in the direction of tempering or grounding the gourmand notes with more traditional ones to the point that it ends up as a perfume that smells "inspired by" a gourmand scent, but it also doesn't lean into the idea of food in a way that I'm self-conscious of smelling immature or like the aforementioned candle. It's distinctly edible and realistic, but distinctly wearable and sophisticated too. "Fuckable gourmand" absolutely. It's the sort of scent that I might wear if I were going out to a special-but-not-formal evening occasion (if not for the phero component), not just hanging around the house for a cosy afternoon. 

As for the phero component, I spent time with a partner soon after I tried it on, and his nose was blocked. I got selfies though. I could barely smell the phero signature, but I got a little lightheaded and very relaxed. My mood was definitely improved, and bonding seemed to be in play. Ensuing not-quite-sex was warm and cosy and thoroughly chilled out. I smiled a lot. Given the day I'd had, I'm gonna say that was the pheros doing their thing. 

Sorry for the rambling, but I struggle to do anything less :)

On 9/24/2020 at 2:54 AM, laurue said:

Sorry for the rambling, but I struggle to do anything less :)

Not rambling at all! I appreciate your review, and I agree that it’s edible, wearable and sophisticated, all words you chose, and if I didn’t already have it, it would be on my list! 
Welcome to the world of Sexology, it’s been a sleeper hit for me. Sleeper in that it’s always in scents I enjoy, the Phero being an afterthought, and then the hits are always exactly what I needed! :smiley-love034:  

@laurue that was a great review ! I look forward to many more from you.

My story for this is less exoctic. I love almost all chocolate scents from LPMP and hubby does not. But since Mama has a job and her own spending money - well I indulged. And yes, like Eastwood said, it just happened to have Sexology in it which is just fine by me :)