Mrs. Fubbs' Parlour w/LFN

AD-MrsFubbsParlour_540x.jpg?v=1596395873

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS (Champagne) ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

The champagne accord in this one is wonderful, I think, but then again I enjoy "fizzy" scents.  The strawberry aspect is fresh, not too sweet.  I love how it reminds me of Effervescence!, which is an old school favorite of mine.  It takes a bit to back up off of that thang, but when it does I get a lovely creamy undertone, but I'm not sure that I'd call it cake, exactly.  It is yummy, though.  I just love the idea of scents like these, and it was fun doing a bit of a sardonic spin on the notion of Georgian propriety intersecting with carnality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ghostgrl said:

So unbelievably happy I picked up 2 bottles un sniffed. its summery so with the first snow here it's a welcome scent 

Oh wow! Snow! I’m in CA in the Bay Area, it was 100 degrees yesterday. I’m just getting emails now about buying passes for the winter for the ski resorts, but it seems a million miles away.

I'm sad, this one might not be for me. Many berries don't play nice with my skin, but all the other notes love me so I went FB, un-sniffed! It's rare that I guess wrong, and I do love fizzy and fruity scents, like Peach Sparkle. I was hoping it would work, but it might end up on my trade page. I'll try it again in a week or two. It smells great in the bottle, though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 9:42 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I'm sad, this one might not be for me. Many berries don't play nice with my skin, but all the other notes love me so I went FB, un-sniffed! It's rare that I guess wrong, and I do love fizzy and fruity scents, like Peach Sparkle. I was hoping it would work, but it might end up on my trade page. I'll try it again in a week or two. It smells great in the bottle, though. 

Funny. I'm the opposite when it comes to fizzy scents. They don't like me, and tend to poke my third eye. But this I can't stop sniffing. I haven't tried it on my skin yet, but if it smells like it does in the sample vial when it's on me, it might be game on. 

• 1 month later...

In a way this is a little bit ‚strange‘ for me. My first sniff was almost „ugh, I don‘t like this“. The more I kept sniffing the more „I like this in some way“ it became.

I don‘t smell strawberry. For my nose the alcohol/champagne dominates. Intoxicating is a good word to describe this scent.

I guess this is Mick Jagger singing ‚Champagne and Reefer‘ in a bottle.

This is a very fizzy scent.  When I first put it on it's alll champagne, but the more it sits, the sweeter it gets with the strawberry coming out and the vanilla starting to peek out in the long dry-down, although the champagne still dominates for the most part.

• 11 months later...

I really like this one, I'm glad I got all 4 of the remaining trial vials. When wet, it fizzy and I like it. Then later, strawberry comes to play with the Champagne. This feels perfect for New Years Eve.

Also, it's been a while since I had LFN. It's making me clean lol 

It's so cool to notice how this changes after travel shock. The champagne note reminded me of Peach Sparkle. 

I asked my daughter if she likes it, she said no, as it reminded her of me burning sage. I thought it was just her nose recovering from covid, but now, few hours later I swear I feel smoke too 😳  I think my skin chemistry is playing tricks on me.

14 hours ago, citrine said:

It's so cool to notice how this changes after travel shock. The champagne note reminded me of Peach Sparkle. 

I asked my daughter if she likes it, she said no, as it reminded her of me burning sage. I thought it was just her nose recovering from covid, but now, few hours later I swear I feel smoke too 😳  I think my skin chemistry is playing tricks on me.

There's something in that milk/butter/cream combo of notes that can sometimes go smoky on me. Sometimes it's not noticeable, sometimes it adds a nice undercurrent of smoke to the other notes, and sometimes it goes straight cigarette ash. It seems to depend on both the rest of the notes and my skin chemistry on any given day. It's been too long since I've worn Mrs. Fubbs' Parlour to remember what it did on me, but I liked it, so it must not have been the cigarette one, lol. I don't know if that is what is causing it on you, but it may be worth seeing if it happens with other scents with that combo. Though, my skin definitely has unique reactions, sometimes.

9 hours ago, greenappletart said:

There's something in that milk/butter/cream combo of notes that can sometimes go smoky on me. Sometimes it's not noticeable, sometimes it adds a nice undercurrent of smoke to the other notes, and sometimes it goes straight cigarette ash. It seems to depend on both the rest of the notes and my skin chemistry on any given day. It's been too long since I've worn Mrs. Fubbs' Parlour to remember what it did on me, but I liked it, so it must not have been the cigarette one, lol. I don't know if that is what is causing it on you, but it may be worth seeing if it happens with other scents with that combo. Though, my skin definitely has unique reactions, sometimes.

Thank you! I'll be on the look out for milk/butter/cream combo. So far I have only noticed that almond/marzipan and cherry sometimes smell like metal on my skin. But this is the first time I smell smoke when there isn't any. Funny thing though, 2 different persons complimented my perfume and said how nice floral it is 😳

• 2 weeks later...

Wearing this today because of LFN.

I had a strong allergic reaction to Neutrogena's Benzoyl Peroxide. I applied some on my chest as I had a few acne but ended up with hives, swelling and suffocation, so I went to the ER. The doctor (older female) was super, super nice! Made the nurse give me two shots, made me lie down and talked to me all the time so I don't fall asleep due to the shots. Later she walked me to the otolaryngologist, (which wasn't necessary as I was better, but she wanted to make sure I was OK) she helped me jump the line of people waiting, making sure the otolaryngologist takes me first. I think she was extra nice due to LFN, because there were other patients but her focus stayed on me all the time, she always came back to talk to me.

• 2 months later...