Your Potion Ideas for Sale Private Editions!

Idea #2

Spicy money - spices and a seed that I really love the smell of and that are also for attracting money.

Allspice

Bayberry

Clove

Sesame

I have some ideas.

- Watermelon smoothie: watermelon, fresh mint, a touch of fir. Impression of drinking a frozen watermelon smoothie while walking by a spruce tree (or pine? I can’t tell them apart) in the early dewy summer morning.

- Pear, apricot, spring/clean honey

- And maybe Rafaello-like coconut dessert: coconut milk (or coconut cream?), toasted coconut, sweet vanilla

Need to do some more thinking

On 7/25/2024 at 11:22 PM, Mila said:

I have some ideas.

- Watermelon smoothie: watermelon, fresh mint, a touch of fir. Impression of drinking a frozen watermelon smoothie while walking by a spruce tree (or pine? I can’t tell them apart) in the early dewy summer morning.

- Pear, apricot, spring/clean honey

- And maybe Rafaello-like coconut dessert: coconut milk (or coconut cream?), toasted coconut, sweet vanilla

Need to do some more thinking

@Mila, I love the Watermelon Smoothie idea.

Don't know exactly how to get there, but as a January baby I've been trying to come up with something like a carnation ( January official and my fave flower) hot chocolate. I know, WEIRD.

On 7/31/2024 at 5:47 PM, CrzyAuntD said:

Don't know exactly how to get there, but as a January baby I've been trying to come up with something like a carnation ( January official and my fave flower) hot chocolate. I know, WEIRD.

hot chocolate mmm.  I can’t recall what carnation smells like, but a google search says spicy, so that’s probably a great idea.

On 7/25/2024 at 11:22 PM, Mila said:

I’ve never had Rafaello specifically, but a coconut milk dessert sounds yummy 

So I’m also thinking of ordering a men’s PE that would have orange (similar to one in Mayhem), light touch of Black or Earl Grey tea…and I need to think more of how I imagine it to be

Is it possible to create a PE reminiscent of long-gone perfumes? I've been longing for more Nectar du Printemps; I'm still hanging on to a smidge in a trial vial. Every time I've worn it, I have gotten the best compliments. 

The original was described like this: ". . . nectar of Currant, Honeysuckle, Azalea and light & sweet Spring Honey, plus the tart juices of Peaches, Pears, and Apples. Powdery basenotes of Oakmoss and a tiny touch of Vetiver." 

Given the limits of the PE system, I'm thinking a blend of Red Currant, Honeysuckle, Oakmoss, and either a Sugar or Honey-Fresh/Spring might get the feeling; what do you think? 

On 7/24/2024 at 7:20 AM, citrine said:

Idea #2

Spicy money - spices and a seed that I really love the smell of and that are also for attracting money.

Allspice

Bayberry

Clove

Sesame

I searched my stash, and unfortunately, I do not seem to have any sesame in my collection. Sorry to disappoint. Think about something neutral as a base for all these very spicy notes. A dry vanilla (not sweet), or perhaps a black tea?

On 7/25/2024 at 8:22 PM, Mila said:

I have some ideas.

I'm sorry Mila - I used up the last of my Watermelon oils when I did the latest rebrew of Cotton Candy Clouds. I do have Honeydew and Cantaloupe though!

On 7/31/2024 at 2:47 PM, CrzyAuntD said:

Carnation is a great note! It's a peppery flower, and I think it will blend nicely with hot chocolate! Not weird! Inspired! Spicy hot cocoa with an undercurrent of an edible flower? It works!

On 8/3/2024 at 1:00 AM, citrine said:

I know it's not on the notes list and I know you are super busy right now @Potion Master, but I could just ask is there is any way to make a PE with High John?

You're thinking of this for the money potion, yeah? To multiply the power of the spell? Honestly, it is not a nice-smelling oil. Remember what old witch potion shops used to smell like? They had a distinct odor. Notes were chosen for their powers, rather than if they smelled good together. My suggestion for a magical replacement that also amplifies power, and something that would blend better with the spicy ingredients you've chosen, would be Dragon's Blood. A more neutral, more clean-smelling option (if you don't want to go with a dark thick resin) would be Olive tree essence, which is for conquering all you survey. Personally, I think the Dragon's Blood route would smell the best.

Idea #1

W & A's Cuppa Alligators and Crocodiles

I love a cuppa, most especially Earl Grey. I'd be shamed to bits by my friends and family across the pond, but I break the rules by adding cream after I steep the Earl with a twist of lemon. Sometimes, the lemon doesn't make it to the pot. No matter. My best mate, Anne and I raised plenty a rule-breaking cuppa 'round her Scottish  table. So, cheers, m'dear. See you later, Alligator.

Bergamot

Black tea

Spring Honey

Splash of cream

Idea #2 Wanderlust's Sweetest Harvest

Grandma Opie was a brilliant cook, but she was a magical baker. Every autumn she'd stew fruits and pumpkin or squash, pop that in tart shells, and bake until the crust was buttery golden. Meanwhile, she'd whip up miniature creme brulee to set atop the fruit tarts. Being in her kitchen, especially after a long work day in the crisp October air, was pure heaven. Here's a scented version of Nan Opie's kitchen, brimming with my favorite harvest dessert.

Red apple

Plums

Caramel

Autumnal spices (cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, touch of sweet cinnamon)

On 8/7/2024 at 7:39 AM, mountainwitch said:

Is it possible to create a PE reminiscent of long-gone perfumes? I've been longing for more Nectar du Printemps; I'm still hanging on to a smidge in a trial vial. Every time I've worn it, I have gotten the best compliments. 

The original was described like this: ". . . nectar of Currant, Honeysuckle, Azalea and light & sweet Spring Honey, plus the tart juices of Peaches, Pears, and Apples. Powdery basenotes of Oakmoss and a tiny touch of Vetiver." 

Given the limits of the PE system, I'm thinking a blend of Red Currant, Honeysuckle, Oakmoss, and either a Sugar or Honey-Fresh/Spring might get the feeling; what do you think? 

I no longer have the azalia, but yeah, I can pull off the rest. Will see if I can find the recipe. Was that 2012? The Boho Cats Collection?

On 8/8/2024 at 10:45 AM, Potion Master said:

I no longer have the azalia, but yeah, I can pull off the rest. Will see if I can find the recipe. Was that 2012? The Boho Cats Collection?

Actually a little earlier . . . :blush: 

It was 2007, believe it or not! (And in spite of being 17 years old, my tiny trial bit still smells exactly like I remember.) I guess I've been here a while! 

OK, I'm definitely down for this. Will be emailing you soon. I really need to finalize my whole order! 

I'm working on the Private Editions now and all this week, so if you have one in mind, and would like to be able to get them while the sale is still on, this would be a good time to put in your order. :D

13 hours ago, Potion Master said:

I'm working on the Private Editions now and all this week, so if you have one in mind, and would like to be able to get them while the sale is still on, this would be a good time to put in your order. :D

I'll ask for an invoice for more bottles of my PE. Sorry, I meant to do it sooner, ended up in the ER due to post covid.

18 hours ago, Andebria said:

Do I dare ask if Love Potion: Carnival can be remade?

The original notes were:

VANILLA

SUGAR

STRAWBERRY

BLUEBERRY

LEMON

APRICOT

AMBER

PATCHOULI

Have you tried the Blue Apple offerings? They are in the same vein, and currently available in OCCO and body cream. Also, Super Happy Funtime is very similar - if you like one, you should like the other, and there appears to be only one bottle and a couple of trials left!

9 hours ago, citrine said:

I'll ask for an invoice for more bottles of my PE. Sorry, I meant to do it sooner, ended up in the ER due to post covid.

Hope you are on the mend, Citrine!

You should let me know how many bottles you would like total, even if you can't pay for them immediately, so I make enough of it.

2 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Have you tried the Blue Apple offerings? They are in the same vein, and currently available in OCCO and body cream. Also, Super Happy Funtime is very similar - if you like one, you should like the other, and there appears to be only one bottle and a couple of trials left!

Hope you are on the mend, Citrine!

You should let me know how many bottles you would like total, even if you can't pay for them immediately, so I make enough of it.

I was unaware of that blend! thanks so much this is pretty much it!

Sorry for the double post, I cant edit, but the Super Happy Funtime doesnt seem to be available anymore? Is that right? Im cool with the Blue Apple but just wanted to make sure before I order. 

37 minutes ago, Andebria said:

Sorry for the double post, I cant edit, but the Super Happy Funtime doesnt seem to be available anymore? Is that right? Im cool with the Blue Apple but just wanted to make sure before I order. 

There's one bottle and two trials left apparently, but you will have to ask me for an invoice for the order, as I have the last ones turned off because I put them into the sale. Just send me an email with everything you'd like, and I will send you a paypal invoice for them, rather than you having to go thru the cart. Email us at: CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

Thanks! It's pretty awesome, I think you'll like it!

On 8/19/2024 at 8:46 AM, citrine said:

I hope you're recovering now! 🙏🏻 I also got the same and it's just awful. I've been sick on and off these past several weeks. 😷

I'm working diligently on the Private Editions, but they take a lot of time and I do not want to rush them. I've got an event the next 2 days and won't be around, but back to it on Sunday. At any rate, I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to grab other people's available PEs while the sale is still on, so you can get freebies with those purchases too, so I will keep the sale thread open and going until I get those PEs posted for everyone. Just wanted to put minds at ease since we are quickly running out of August! :)

21 hours ago, Kayla said:

I can't wait to see everyone's ideas! 😊

Oh me too!!

And I am super excited about my PEs. And super grateful Mara opened PE option :)

On 8/20/2024 at 5:16 PM, Onyx said:

I hope you're recovering now! 🙏🏻 I also got the same and it's just awful. I've been sick on and off these past several weeks. 😷

I hope you feel better soon too! 😘 This is my 3rd covid and it didn't get easier.

P.S. - I really enjoy reading your reviews!!

On 8/24/2024 at 2:35 PM, citrine said:

Oh me too!!

And I am super excited about my PEs. And super grateful Mara opened PE option :)

I hope you feel better soon too! 😘 This is my 3rd covid and it didn't get easier.

P.S. - I really enjoy reading your reviews!!

Thank you @citrine! I've been behind on reviews too due to sicknesses and other emergencies. At least I can smell better now although still somewhat congested. 😷