Your Potion Ideas for Sale Private Editions!

40 minutes ago, Amanda said:

@Potion Master Would nude Musk and skin Musk be considered the same thing? I would love a double musk but white musks sometimes go wonky on me and egyptian musks are not my friend either. I tried googling but all I found was a history of musk oils in perfumes.🤷🏼‍♀️😂

So I think yeah, they would be roughly descriptive of the same thing. The issue with musks is that they are ALL synthetic these days so there's a wide array that could be called by the names and be rather different. My personal favorite Egyptian Musk source is so soft an inoffensive, I would categorize THAT as a skin musk too. But you may really be talking about an ozoney type of note that kinda resembles musk but isn't actually a musk. Perhaps what you are looking for is more akin to ones called China Musk? I have a sweetened musk that's like sweet soft skin, but it would only go with other notes that could be sweetened as well. 

What are you going for, that you want to layer musks? I often layer them anyway, all ingredients, to achieve a rounder and softer feel. 

45 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

What are you going for, that you want to layer musks? I often layer them anyway, all ingredients, to achieve a rounder and softer feel. 

Egyptian musk always turns very soapy on my skin. I was thinking of my skin after I’d spent a magical day at Clearwater beach, warm skin with a little bit of my vanilla perfume left over from the morning and a slightly salty and sunscreeny smell. I think about that day all the time and how happy I was to be in the ocean and sunshine and would love to experience that again at home in Colorado! I was thinking musk because they tend to linger the longest on my skin, sweet soft skin sounds lovely. I’ve been waiting and hoping pe’s would be available again I just don’t know which scents go with what I’m imagining.😂

5 hours ago, Amanda said:

Egyptian musk always turns very soapy on my skin. I was thinking of my skin after I’d spent a magical day at Clearwater beach, warm skin with a little bit of my vanilla perfume left over from the morning and a slightly salty and sunscreeny smell. I think about that day all the time and how happy I was to be in the ocean and sunshine and would love to experience that again at home in Colorado! I was thinking musk because they tend to linger the longest on my skin, sweet soft skin sounds lovely. I’ve been waiting and hoping pe’s would be available again I just don’t know which scents go with what I’m imagining.😂

Is Clearwater Beach in Florida? So maybe, the sweeter musk and a drop of ozone, a dry vanilla, with some coconut creme or coconut water, and hibiscus as that's a flower that grows there near the shore? Suntan lotions usually have notes of cocoa butter or coconut oil. I think I might have a really oily smelling coconut. Ooh, a drop of my hand-tinctured seaweed too!

On 8/6/2023 at 11:59 AM, citrine said:

I have had a really rough and tough couple of months so I am thinking about "rewarding" myself with a PE. I am a foody girl so I was thinking about these notes:

ALMOND-MARZIPAN

VANILLA-CAKE

CREAMY COCONUT

RASPBERRY 

I wanna smell like a dessert. And hoping to pair it with LFN as I noticed that lately this one is super helpful for getting me through the day.

I'm just not sure if marzipan note is available @Potion Master?

That sounds delicious! I really need to play more with LFN. Also, so sorry that you’ve had a difficult few months, but am happy to see you posting again. 🌸

7 hours ago, greenappletart said:

I put in an order for 2 plus 6 additional bottles (3 each), but I fear I may have done it wrong. I didn't put anything in the note section, thinking it would be done over email.  I will send an email tomorrow with my thoughts.

This is how I did it. I just ordered and sent Mara an email. She didn't have a problem with it. ❤️

50 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

Yes, please send me those emails with your orders so we can print them out together and attach them, for me to use as I brew your creations!

Hi, Mara. I put all of the details in my order notes and didn't copy and paste into an email. Can you please let me know if you received them? If not, I will try to recreate everything and email it to you.Thank you! 🙂 

16 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Is Clearwater Beach in Florida? So maybe, the sweeter musk and a drop of ozone, a dry vanilla, with some coconut creme or coconut water, and hibiscus as that's a flower that grows there near the shore? Suntan lotions usually have notes of cocoa butter or coconut oil. I think I might have a really oily smelling coconut. Ooh, a drop of my hand-tinctured seaweed too!

Yes, in Florida! That all sounds amazing without the coconut or cocoa butter, I love the unscented sunscreens that just have that sunscreen smell, I can’t describe it but I love it, but we could leave that sunscreen part out. I’ll make an order and send my email! Thank you so much!

19 hours ago, Kayla said:

Hi, Mara. I put all of the details in my order notes and didn't copy and paste into an email. Can you please let me know if you received them? If not, I will try to recreate everything and email it to you.Thank you! 🙂 

@Potion Master, I also like @Kayla did, I put my PE notes /accords in the bottom of the order in the notes section.  Should I also send an email?  I do not want to overburden you. 

16 minutes ago, dolphindolls2 said:

@Potion Master, I also like @Kayla did, I put my PE notes /accords in the bottom of the order in the notes section.  Should I also send an email?  I do not want to overburden you. 

If you can fit it in the notes section of the order, that's perfectly fine too! Thank you!

Two ideas with one question attached to each, regarding a note.

Healing Peace:

Bergamot

Moss-wet

Violet..or..some other fresh, velvetyness?

Vetiver

Thinking: morning stroll-barefoot- deep in the mossy forest after a night rain, raindrops dripping from leaves in the breeze, drifts of violets in dappled light. 

Orbs and Tassels

Pumpkin-sweet

Apple Cider

Oats

Wheat..or..Dry Grasses? 

Thinking: Driving, windows down, along the gravel road, cornstalk sentinels to either side. Heading to the farm market/orchard to pick up apples; stone fruit; squash; corn, meal, and shocks. Dust coming through the windows at the stop sign, rocks kicking up and hitting the undercarriage on the way up the hill. Still hot and dry during the day, but the nights are cool enough for flannel shirts. Harvest festivals are just around the corner, and the anticipation is killing me. Trip to the farm market/orchard will have to do today.

Third idea, based on my five-year-old  memory of opening my Grandpa Harry's intricately carved leather and suede jewelry box (just after his funeral). Grandma Opie and wee me, sifting through cufflinks and tie bars, his rose gold wedding band and pocketwatch, and his papa's clay pipe. She gave me the entire box. Time was I was in charge of choosing his 'church' cufflinks and tie bar every Sunday morning. He never said my choices didn't match his suit and tie. He let me wind his pocket watch. He was a giant in his day- 6'3"-the most gentle of all giants. He was a tool and die maker, and a brilliant woodworker. He made endless toys, and made a sleigh to fill with Christmas gifts. Grandpa Harry was THE  biggest duck in the puddle for any holiday or birthday. His laughter filled the room. The jewelry box is currently in my sitting room, along with many toys, and carved peach and apricot pits made into animals and people, beads and chain links, and intricate wooden puzzles. He illustrated adventure stories that he wrote just for me, which are on my shelves. We were devoted Batman, Space Ghost, and Star Trek fans. He took me to movies, and on train rides, and to museums, races, fancy restaurants and bakeries. He loved zinnias, bluebells, daffodils and snapdragons. He taught me how to make Cinnamon Velvet Fudge, which makes an appearance at our holiday celebration every year. He read me stories-every character had a different voice. In one pendulum swing, he'd swoop me up and plop me onto his shoulder, where I played a parrot with an eye patch to his pirate with a fake peg leg, and we sailed the seven seas in his fishing boat. We never discovered gold or silver, but we made large hauls in bluegills and bass. He passed down what little he knew of his heritage, Blackfoot, Scottish, and American, and was so proud of every facet of his history. At 60, I have outlived him by three years, a family curse, seemingly broken. Harry Malcolm Hart believed first, last, and always, in the gifts of empathy, compassion, and charity. I still hear his joyous laughter. I wear his wedding ring under my mother's ring. He's with me every day.

HMH:

Leather

Apricot

Cardamom

Tobacco, Sweet/Pipe

On 7/30/2023 at 11:07 PM, Femmefatale said:

sexy huff-addicting date gourmands. Yummy, comforting, and delicious 
1. Something very buttery. Vanilla, whipped cream, in a very sexy direction so maybe some musk or spice or amber or flower like orchid or lavender but to heighten the buttery vanilla whipped cream which is the lasting scent. 

Ooh, this sounds good. I love a good creamy sexy AF vanilla, and LPMP's vanilla drydown is incredible. I don't know what that super creamy buttery vanilla note is in the drydown of LP Pink/Fraise Citron, but it's so good that I sometimes surreptitiously sniff my cleavage, haha. 

I feel like my "scent education" hasn't progressed far enough where I feel ready to make a PE (still haven't figured out musk, resins, or the less instantly recognizable flowers like orchid, orange blossom, etc) but I'm looking forward to everyone else's creations! 

3 hours ago, Amanda said:

Just noticed wasabi listed as a potential note…what does wasabi smell like?!? 

Oh, no! I thought I removed that! I am out of that ingredient. (Just edited to remove it.) But anyway, it's an essential oil that doesn't have much of a smell, but adds a peppery/mustardy/horseradish quality to the overall aroma. :)

On 8/12/2023 at 1:12 AM, hedgehog said:

Ooh, this sounds good. I love a good creamy sexy AF vanilla, and LPMP's vanilla drydown is incredible. I don't know what that super creamy buttery vanilla note is in the drydown of LP Pink/Fraise Citron, but it's so good that I sometimes surreptitiously sniff my cleavage, haha. 

I feel like my "scent education" hasn't progressed far enough where I feel ready to make a PE (still haven't figured out musk, resins, or the less instantly recognizable flowers like orchid, orange blossom, etc) but I'm looking forward to everyone else's creations!

Thank you, hedgehog. There will definitely be extras, so you are welcome to try it. I’m definitely a newb and will be relying on Mara’s expertise! 

I'm brewing PEs all this week. This is so much fun.

Soggy Fairies came out awesome!!!! Working on Kayla's creations now. Mmmmm...!

If you guys have names for them or pix, please send em over, otherwise, you leave me to my own devices. Nyeheheh.

50 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

If you guys have names for them or pix, please send em over, otherwise, you leave me to my own devices. Nyeheheh.

❤️❤️❤️ I am beyond excited! Please feel free to name mine and choose the pics. 😊 

I couldn't believe it when I saw PEs were open and I'm so excited to get mine and also see all these other amazing potions come to life!  Every LP is magic, but Mara's willingness to personalize that magic is such a lovely thing. Can't wait to see all these!

On 8/21/2023 at 9:56 PM, Potion Master said:

@Mara, Please feel free to name my second PE, your far more creative that I could ever be with a name.

On 8/9/2023 at 3:59 AM, greenappletart said:

I put in an order for 2 plus 6 additional bottles (3 each), but I fear I may have done it wrong. I didn't put anything in the note section, thinking it would be done over email.  I will send an email tomorrow with my thoughts.

@greenappletart, can I ask what PE's you had made, I'm trying to decide who's  PE's, I would like to purchase, now that we can do so.

On 7/26/2023 at 7:50 PM, Kayla said:

Request #2 - ❤️

I would like to smell like delicious, fresh, gooey pie filling, without any bread/bakery notes (or other notes mentioned below). 😊

- Vanilla

- Apricot

- Apple (red) 🍎 

- Amber - sweet

Request #3 - I would like an intoxicating, nighttime fruity perfume (no florals). I'm probably going to have this boosted with LFN or cops. 😊

- Plum

- Blackberry 

- Vanilla 

- Amber (Dark) or musk (but not animalic or incense)

Mara, I know sometimes you add notes when making the PEs. If you could please AVOID strawberries/raspberries, florals (especially rose), melon, pineapple, and patchouli I'd appreciate it! 😊

@Kayla, I'm going to order 1 PE bottle of your request # 3, it sounds amazing

On 7/26/2023 at 6:41 PM, Kayla said:

Aaaaah!!! 

I would love to smell like a perfumy Creamsicle! ❤️❤️❤️

- Orange - fresh

- Orange Blossoms

- Vanilla (sweet, but not cake/bakery)

- Amber - sweet

It would be great if this could cover cops because I would like to boost one of the bottles. 🙂

Sounds good. Was hoping Orange Droolius would make a comeback but alas non. My only issue is I can't handle to much amber, heads to migraine territory.

On 7/27/2023 at 7:22 PM, greenappletart said:

I'm thinking of getting one with:

Fig

Cucumber 

Sandalwood 

I've also played around with the idea of something peach and pear, but I'm not sure what I'd fill it out with.

@dolphindolls2 I went with these. On the second, I had some parameters and vague ideas, but mostly asked for ripe peaches and pears, so I don't know what the other notes will be. I'm excited to find out! I'm definitely thinking about grabbing some of the other PEs, too,  when they become available.

14 hours ago, CrzyAuntD said:

Sounds good. Was hoping Orange Droolius would make a comeback but alas non. My only issue is I can't handle to much amber, heads to migraine territory.

Hopefully  it's something you can wear! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 1:58 PM, Vika said:

Thank you for clarifying Luna!

The one I had in mind was

Halo’s Lavender Musk:

Skin musk/soapy possibly

Sweet lavender

vanilla-I was waffling between vanilla bean and dry vanilla

Dark Amber

Mara, 

I just saw your comment about what you’re trying to invoke with a scent. 
For me, it’s comforting but sexy. Like being effortlessly put together and clean but still something that people can’t quite put their finger on but it’s familiar and intriguing. 

Did this get created as one of the Private Editions? I was looking for it because it sounded interesting but I could not see it in the other thread. 

1 hour ago, Onyx said:

Did this get created as one of the Private Editions? I was looking for it because it sounded interesting but I could not see it in the other thread. 

That's a very old PE we did years ago, and no, it was not ordered again this year. One was along those lines though. Dreme Creme.

20 hours ago, Potion Master said:

That's a very old PE we did years ago, and no, it was not ordered again this year. One was along those lines though. Dreme Creme.

Thank you, Mara! I am curious about Femme Fatale's Dreme CremeKayla's Creme a l'OrangeKayla's Ruby Goo, and Cherise's Whipped Dream since I really enjoy foodie/gourmand scents, but I decided to get something else for more variety. I actually ordered Amanda's Beach Sol mainly because you said it turned out, "soooooo goood!" and I have a good feeling about it even though the notes are not the ones I usually go for. I'm looking forward to the reviews of the others I won't get to try.  

4 hours ago, Vika said:

Can we still reserve bottles? I’m sorry I’ve been out of the loop. No I didn’t place a PE request but I definitely want to reserve a few bottles! Lol

Hi Vika!

Yes, you may ask for any available bottles! Send me an email when you are ready and I will send you an invoice.

CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

On 9/20/2023 at 3:06 AM, Vika said:

Can we still reserve bottles? I’m sorry I’ve been out of the loop. No I didn’t place a PE request but I definitely want to reserve a few bottles! Lol

On 9/20/2023 at 7:42 AM, Potion Master said:

Hi Vika!

Yes, you may ask for any available bottles! Send me an email when you are ready and I will send you an invoice.

CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

Me too.

I of course was too late for my own PE again. I would have loved a scent with beet root and orange.