Maxine of Arc's Tarty Spiced Pear

luna65

If there's already a thread for this one please merge, but I couldn't find one.

I squee'd to get a sniffie of this one because the pear in Sugared Pears is OMGFABULOUS! I literally huff myself dizzy whenever I wear it. So there's that yummy experience, but interestingly enough I can't really describe this save for an analogy (and I apologize if it's not helpful in terms of a buying decision, lol).

First of all, what's really interesting about the wet stage is the cardamom is very pronounced, I can immediately discern the spicy powderyness of it as the top note. Underneath is a pleasant sweetness, but this experience changes completely when I wear it. The lemon does something to the pear and it's like...it reminds me of Be Delicious, which I've never worn but I have a decant of it because I like to smell it. Be Delicious has an "appleness" and yet it's not really apple. It makes you think "apple" but if you had to ponder the components you would not reach the conclusion of "apple" and fragrances that are evocative of a thing but are not the thing itself fascinate me because it makes me think about how our brains work to identify something.

So this has a "pearness" and yet, if I stop to think about what it is I actually smell, it's not entirely pear...there is pear, of course, but pear + lemon is something which is pear but not pear. I can't say it's pear + lemon because even though it is...what pear + lemon is...is something other. It's perfectly balanced, and it's so enthralling, in its' way, I really like this. I was worried that the cardamom might take over, but really, there's only just the faintest hint of spice at the top. There's a quality of light to this, it's appropriate for warmer weather, I think. It's hard for me to find "clean" fragrances because I can't do the whole aquatics/ozone thing, but this has that sense of light which makes me think "clean."

Oi I've rambled, haven't I? Sorry about that! But if you can relate to any of that then you should try this one, especially if you enjoyed Sugared Pears.

Ok - now I've tried it...

On wet it smells like Pez or sweetarts. The pear comes out a little as it dries, but it's still very candylike. To me the cardamon (which I love) is very subtle.

Maxine, that drink sounds fantastic! Does the perfume capture it?

Ok - now I've tried it...

On wet it smells like Pez or sweetarts. The pear comes out a little as it dries, but it's still very candylike. To me the cardamon (which I love) is very subtle.

Maxine, that drink sounds fantastic! Does the perfume capture it?

Does this mean the 3-legged Postal Donkey made it thru?? :666:

I didn't have a chance to try Sugared Pears, but I really wanted to, so this may be another one I add to my wishlist!

I received a 'sniffee' of this w/my last order, I was pleasantly surprised, light, airey even.... not overly fruity.

I was pleasantly surprised, light, airey even.... not overly fruity.

Yeah that's what I was trying to get at with my long-winded ramble, lol.

Yeah that's what I was trying to get at with my long-winded ramble, lol.

you don't ramble, you're eloquent :) .

This is nice, just like the name says - a nice cold firm pear, juicy but not overtly sweet, candy sweettart and pez hit it on the head

So glad i got a sniffee of this b/c i did not think i would have tried it any other way

The cardamom is delicious in this one! The lemon is beautiful and subtle. The pears are ripe and sweet.

OHHHHH! Me want to try this sooo bad! (Is this in the decant circle?! ;) )

I do hope it is!

Yep, it sure is! I've packed one off to Pony some time ago - I'm sure you'll see it soon!

Oooh, Perfect thanks katz! This one I have been curious about since Maxine mentioned it!!!!

OHHHHH! Me want to try this sooo bad! (Is this in the decant circle?! :lightsaber1: )

I do hope it is!

I think it is in one of the packages that I am getting ready to send off to you today. I have two decant circle packages on their way to you. :lightsaber1:

Did you ever reclaim your package held hostage?

I think it is in one of the packages that I am getting ready to send off to you today. I have two decant circle packages on their way to you. :lightsaber1:

Did you ever reclaim your package held hostage?

My package enters back into my city tomorrow. :lightsaber1: Hopefully it will be in my sweaty anxious hands by Wednesday! :nanerturtle:

Super excited! LP is sooo much fun :nanerturtle:

Thanks SB, you are a peach :nanerturtle:

• 10 months later...

i finally just read Luna's review and realize why I grabbed 2 bottles.

im a Be Delicious freak and this is weird like that-

this is one you can wear from head to toe and not feel over-done.

im over winter and ready for more like this one!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Now THIS is the way to wear pear!! I previously didn't like pear in the other scents I tried (e.g. Unwrapped) but this does it for me. The spices bring out the goodness and add such a delicious element to a fruit that otherwise goes a bit sour smelling and tart on me. This is lovely, really delicious. OMG, I can't stop smelling my arm!