Offering

sultry brunette

I can't believe there hasn't been a review of this one yet...

This fragrance takes its’ inspiration from various traditions with a rich blend of global ingredients: crème sugar and vanilla whip, Mexican cinnamon, marigolds, light woods, copal and more, to honor the mysteries of the dead and acknowledge the gratitude of those who remain.

This one is hard to describe, which might be the reason for the lack of descriptions. Or, perhaps folks don't want you to know how good it is until they have fully hoarded. :wacko:

This is a light creamy floral with a hint of woods to give it some depth. Aside from the marigold note, I love it. Marigold gives me a headache, so alas I can't wear this. I do love it and am sad to let my sample go.

Oh I have worn Offering a couple of times. It is a hard scent to describe. Soft and close and gentle, with just the tiniest flicker of...copal, is it? So you don't forget the intent. I love Genda (marigold) attar, which to me is a slightly...slippery/slick scent. Yeah, I know, I'm a textural sniffer...

Oh I have worn Offering a couple of times. It is a hard scent to describe. Soft and close and gentle

Oh, I second that! I was (as always) expecting a creme brulee type vanilla scent with a touch of cinnamon & a hint of floral in the background... Not exactly what I got, but then what I did get is pretty hard to define...or describe ;)

I definitively get soft & gentle...it's floral but it's also almost a touch lemony. I don't think I get much of the cream or vanilla but I do still have a cold. I'll have to re-sniff this one in a few days

• 2 weeks later...

It's tough for me to pin down as well, because the mystery dimension of the scent is very much present for me. It starts out with a more foody aura, and definitely reminscent of what I would associate with that type of observance. It grows richer and deeper over time and then the floral and resin aspects take over...it ends up reminding me of some of those darker complex scents like Lioness and Cocomama. It's sort of like looking at a piece of art and appreciating it but not really being sure if I could relate to it. If it stayed foody on me the whole time I would think of it as a snuggle scent, sort of like Sugared Darkness. But because of the evolution it becomes something other on me, not a bad thing but a strange thing. A touch of beyond, I suppose you could say. :blushing:

Hmm I haven't given this a chance. Cuz I'm not sure of it in the vial. Maybe I've been responding oddly to the 'other'. I'll have to give it a chance & report back.

BTW, I loike your new avi Pony.

Edited by Beccah1

BTW, I loike your new avi Pony.

Isn't that the prettiest album cover ever? Her music is meh-pop, but that cover stole my heart.

I dabbled a bit of Offering on a few minutes ago. I like it, but it is very subtle...not strange, eh, but subtle. Very close to the skin.

Offering is a more grown-up, sophisticated version of your average sugar skull scent. I absolutely love the vanilla in this--it's a true white vanilla that really says vanilla sugar, not just sugar. I also love how the copal adds a sensual dimension to the whole candy feel. It's a come-hither scent that's sexy and delicious! :)

• 4 months later...

I love this scent. My first thought was "now this is a floral I actually like." I am a foody scent person. This is really strong and has throw. I would describe it as a foody floral.It reminds me almost of LP Red in it's making, not so much the same scent, just the same fiery-ness and body.

It smells like light florals mixed with sugar, cinnamon, something woodsy and something I can only describe as psychotic, fiery lemon. It is really strong at forst with all notes in full last then it fades to a more sugary, lemony and lightly woodsey scent.

This has a light element yet is also sexy and dark at the same time. This is an intersting/intrguing blend and I love it and am glad I hoarded a few bottles.

• 1 month later...

I find this scent interesting. It's like an onion, i.e. multiple layers. On application, there was some sort of lemony and flora scent. Then the vanilla and cinnamon slowly creeped to the foreground. However, this is not a scent for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Very nice! I received this as a (love? Gratitude?) Offering from Mara... And I am so glad and grateful that I did. What a wonderfully sweetly deep and rich tribute to the mysteries of loving and life :). Soft and skin-close light in throw but with an intriguing smoky/woody depth which serves to draw one even deeper into the scent. Mmmm... I'm wearing this when I work with clients tomorrow; I would love to see how it effects the rapport and the depth of work.

• 1 month later...

I never even thought that I would like this scent! I saw copal and marigold and it just didn't interest me, however after reading from chai that it was kind of pink to her, I had to test this baby out and wow it's kind of very yummy! I got something that smells pale to me, not overly foody or woody. Just the right amount of vanilla cream mixed with a pale and dry wood. It's actually kind of sexy and comforting. The vanilla is very sweet and does not come off as too sugary which I love.

I see a bottle of this in my futuro.

• 1 month later...

I hesitated about getting this one, but I'm very happy that I did. There is something ethereal in this one, a mystery. It starts as a creamy woodsy floral with copal, close to the skin and somewhat subtle. And like if I could possibly need more reasons to love it, few hours later it starts becoming quite foody. Floral notes disappear and vanilla with some spiciness comes out. Resins as a base make it deep and beautiful, while not giving any kind of heavy impression.

Since I got quite a lot of LP fragrances during this sale, I rotate them to properly test everything. I try at least 2 scents every day (daytime and evening/night). But after I tried Offering one night I just could not resist and had to slather it on next day as well. Love it so much!