Nookie Cookie

bethanyv

AD-NookieCookie-LovePotion.jpg

Nookie Cookie

Imagine the richest most scrumptious droolworthy cookie...got it? Now imagine YOU are the cookie! How could he resist? He'd be a fool to turn down our decadent fantasy confection: a chocolate-covered macaroon-snickerdoodle...can't you just taste it already? Coconut cream and shredded coconut is folded into a creamy batter of sugar, butter, vanilla, honey and nuts with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of chocolate. Mmm...makes you wanna lick the spoon, and then maybe he'll wanna lick...well, you get the picture! YUM!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
NUTS ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't see a review on this one, and it sounds DELIC!! Has anyone received their's yet?

It IS yummy, and for a lot of people I'm sure it will work the way it's supposed to. On me, it starts out with the delicious sugar & spice creamy cookie-ness, with the depth of the chocolate and coconut underneath (although the chocolate isn't that strong on me at all), but then the coconut pretty much takes over. However, coconut does has that effect with my chemistry, it's probably going to be different for others. For some reason most "cookie" scents just don't work that well on me. But in the beginning I totally get that macaroon-meets-snickerdoodle thing and it's sooooo gooood!

Edited by luna65

Nookie Cookie works great on me! What I get from it is homemade macaroons with a chocolate glaze. Which, of course, is to-die-for. Just a touch of spice. It also has the distinction of smelling like one of Mr. Matt's and my favorite cookies--moist, mushy, macaroons. *SWOON!*

Edited by ElizabethOSP

ok, i get chocolate almond coconut cookies. more almond and coconut than anything else. it is beautifully done but i dont think it is for me. if you are a major foodie though this could rock your world.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this one is divine! I like it much better than I thought I would!

Sillykitty, do not be afraid of the coconut in this...it doesn't smell anything like THAT kind of coconut. I also am afraid of coconut because it usually takes over the whole scent for me but it blends beautifully in this and (at least on me) does not overpower everything else.

The next ingredient I was afraid of was the chocolate. The only chocolate scent that I have loved was Special Delivery because it has the cherry and current in there to brighten it up. Normally chocolate just smells too heavy or something on me, but again...not in this one!! Just smells like a gentle dusting of light chocolate.

And...this just keeps getting better and better on me. I think it is so warm and comforting. I can see wearing this for many occasions, a date because I think boys would adore it (I hate boys today but when I start liking them again I will try this on one), definitely to bed for comfy time and OH! in the winter I want this all over my sweater!!

I did not have a very nice day (stupid boys!) but this is relaxing me and bringing my agitation down so much.I highly recommend this for calming purposes.

Oh yes. OHHHHH yes. :) Exactly what I hoped for! Chocolate-dipped macaroons, but so much more exotic than that. There's some of the warm toasty coconut in there and then the rich and sensual coconut cream note that just enfolds you. The honey and vanilla only make it richer on the drydown. Suffice to say my eyes rolled back in their sockets out of pure joy on first sniff.

Edited by Invidiana

Confession.... I tend for some unknown reason to shy away from the scents that have chocolate in them.... and I am someone who loves foodie scents.

Im just gonna have to try some soon one of these days because they sound so tempting !!! I think Im concerned with them not smelling... whats the word here... ummm.... genuine? no not that word... umm.. well Im sure that there is a word out there I just cant figure out what Im trying to say here now !!! :)

I think Im concerned with them not smelling... whats the word here... ummm.... genuine? no not that word... umm.. well Im sure that there is a word out there I just cant figure out what Im trying to say here now !!!

And while I appreciate the concern, Mara does her best to create accords which are as realistic as possible. She's very picky about the scents which go into her library. However, the vagaries of chemistry guarantee that there's always a chance it won't work, but not because of the quality of ingredients.

Lip, did u want the word "authentic"?

I know what you mean - fake chocolate smells waxy, chemical-y and nasty! But NOT ONE of the many different LP chocolates I've experienced have been that way. Sure they're very different from each other - cocoa powder vs a chunk of 80% dark vs hot cocoa vs a bit of hershey melting against a scorched marshmallow - but at least on me they are spot on.

And while I appreciate the concern, Mara does her best to create accords which are as realistic as possible. She's very picky about the scents which go into her library. However, the vagaries of chemistry guarantee that there's always a chance it won't work, but not because of the quality of ingredients.

Yup Luna its the chemistry as to my comment not the quality :001_302: Even as I have been buying her goodies since 08.... its just some silly hang up about the hesitancy to try out a chocolate.... I know silly me but we all have our little quirks :lol:

I've had chocolate scent from a couple perfumers go weird on me, but the two LPs I have that have chocolate in them--Special Delivery and Nookie Cookie--smell GREAT! And like Tyvey just said, they have different characters. Mara has removed my fear of the chocolate perfume! (I don't think I'd trust *anyone* else's, though. Heh.)

Lip, did u want the word "authentic"?

I know what you mean - fake chocolate smells waxy, chemical-y and nasty! But NOT ONE of the many different LP chocolates I've experienced have been that way. Sure they're very different from each other - cocoa powder vs a chunk of 80% dark vs hot cocoa vs a bit of hershey melting against a scorched marshmallow - but at least on me they are spot on.

YES TYVEY!!! My words are just not coming out correctly lately..... AUTHENTIC "ding ding ding" ! Doesn't it just drive you bonkers when you have that word at the tip of your tongue and still cant spill it out :001_302:

Im just gonna have to jump right on into the "chocolate/fondue melting pot" here and give one one of them a whirl.... because honestly... just typing that..... a chocolate fondue scent sounds yumm-able !!!!

Edited by livinginparadise

I've had chocolate scent from a couple perfumers go weird on me, but the two LPs I have that have chocolate in them--Special Delivery and Nookie Cookie--smell GREAT! And like Tyvey just said, they have different characters. Mara has removed my fear of the chocolate perfume! (I don't think I'd trust *anyone* else's, though. Heh.)

Yes Elizabeth !!! There ya go !!! I will just have to get a trial vial of Nookie Cookie to overcome my fear .... If I must I must :001_302:

I have a long-standing issue with scents which encorporate dairy accords, which means some chocolate scents don't work so well, my chemistry just turns them sour. LPMP and Arcana are the only ones which use notes that do work for me...but I won't stop trying them because I do so love those scents! :sock puppet shaking no ha:

Ok,I had to see how this was aging,as it was very light on me the first time I tried it...mmmmm,oh yeah,much better :abfx: this is YUMMZ! ...Personally I think I have a skewed coconut scent receptor,and not just with this scent!!

*My favorite chocolate scent is Regal Confection,mmmm,fudgey sexy cake,then Festival of Lights,minty cocoa,then Special Delivery v1,yummy cherry chocolate <have not tried the new one> ...I love how Mara does chocolate :)

Special Delivery v1,yummy cherry chocolate

I do not believe there's an obvious difference between the two brews since they use the same ingredients. It's not really a case of her rebrewing so much as just making more.

OMG Mara. Yes please moar chocolate scents. I keep hoping for an LP: Dark one day. LP Original with cocoa absolute and dark chocolate fudge notes. I would buy a vat of this.

Although it's got coffee in it (and no patchouli or vanilla), Sungold Mocha is basically that sort of idea.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This one sounded too delicious not to try! I love the way it smells in the vial and on me it smells great for about a minute. Nice, toasty cookie. I mostly smell coconut with a hint of chocolate. Then it turns into plastic cookie on me, but that's because my skin does that with anything that has chocolate. Lucky other people who can get the toasty cookie though :)

• 2 months later...
Guest icing

It's hard to explain the scent I get from this. It's very warm, creamy, and a little sweet. I get the mental image of a hot bowl of oatmeal (but it doesn't smell like that), or a thick body lotion. I'm not sure I can compare it to any other fragrance I've tried.

• 1 year later...

I'm really happy I got this in the August Clearance. I'd had a sample that got me hooked on it. I've been scared that I might grow sick of it because Scotchies and Gimme Money are also both cookie scents but after a few wears, something went wrong. However this is great and I've worn it a bunch of times. In fact, the cashier at whole foods was trying to ask me out to a movie and said I smelled really nice (I was wearing Nookie Cookie + True Confessions spray and had just finished a half hour before at the tanning salon so I think I still had a cloud going.) This despite me feeling really ugly lately from feeling off physically which translates to pallid complexion and dark puffy under eye bags. Oh, and can't forget the huge snow jacket and snow boots I was wearing so I feel that this was a "hit."

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of Coconut Breeze. It's second only to Provocative Paradise (aka Naughty in Paradise) as a vehicle for EoW. My bottle of Nookie Cookie does not have any EoW which I'm fine with since I don't always want to wear it, but since it reminds me so much of coconut breeze (not that they're exact, but the hint of coconut in this smells the same as the one used in that) I could guess that it might also make a very fine vehicle for covering EoW.

In terms of throw-- it's not crazy in your face (which I normally like) nor is it sheer. It kind of has a dryness to it, but if I had to guess I'd say that randomly I smell it around me perhaps 30% of the time so it's not distracting when I'm wearing it, but I also feel like I'm "getting my money's worth" to be kind of uncouth, because if I'm wearing perfume I want to smell it and not grow immune to it throughout the day. It's nice if other people think I smell nice but I find I'm much happier with a perfume if I can smell (without actively trying, like putting my wrist to my nose) that I smell great. If you're a fan of coconut cookies I think they smell a bit like this, though admittedly it's been awhile since I've had them.

014100097174.jpg

oh, and just since the info hadn't been listed, here's the label and ingredient list:

AD-NookieCookie-LovePotion_1.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
NUTS ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

• 1 year later...