Perty Flirty

luna65

AD-PertyFlirty-LovePotion.jpg

Perty Flirty

Violet is called a "flirty" flower, because its fragrance is often subtle and elusive, but we've decided to give our violet a sense of fun flirtatiousness with a rich gourmand blend of ingredients to frame its beautiful core: a mélange of tropical fruit (papaya, passionfruit and tangerine) is sweetened with caramel, vanilla and chocolate and produces a delicious drift in the air. Vetiver provides an earthy finish. The scent will change and evolve the longer you wear it, just as a first meeting might move from laughter and innuendo to something far more interesting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
PAPAYA ~ Love, protection. Health of body and mind, clarity. Magnification of devotion.
PASSION FRUIT ~ Friendship, love.
TANGERINE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is definitely more of a light-hearted spring/summer kind of violet. It has a very upbeat vibe to it. At first it was perfectly framed by the fruit blend for me but then something kind of went sour for a bit. The finish is lovely, though, it's so smooth and sweet. I was glad the violet didn't do the powdery thing on me. But for those who like a really strong violet note I'm not sure this is it; the fruit is just as prevalent to me as it evolves. But in the end it becomes more a skin scent. Because Mara constructed the scent to purposely morph I'm interested in reading how it wears on others.

The first time I wore it (with about 10 other scents...heh) I got a really sharp fruity/greenery thing from it. So I ignored the test patch for a couple hours. When I checked again, it was a beautiful, soft violet. Boy, was I surprised! So, the second time I tried it, it *started out* as the beautiful, soft violet! That day, I was sort of wanting the sharp startup, so I switched to Risen. Anyway, I NEED to give Perty Flirty a fair test when I'm in a floral mood. I LOVE violet, and what I've experienced of this so far is GOOD!

Edit about 2 weeks on...Okay, when I wore this next, I got the tropical fruit-with-an-edge with violets. I *like* this scent...and it also confuses me! I keep wearing it alongside other scents, as I am wont to do. I have yet to wear it totally by itself.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

oh wow! i get a lovely berry/ floral! nom nom. i can pick out the violet but it is not in your face. this is classy and light hearted and sexy! i almost get a licorice vibe from the combo. just wow.

What a fascinating, unusual combo: violet and heavy-juicy fruit! This violet does not come off boudoir-y, fussy or powdery at all. You know how distinctive it is and therefore it usually kind of separates iitself from the crowd and stands up and says "OVER HERE, LOOK AT ME, I AM VIOLET". Totally doesn't do that here. Almost no resemblance to, eg, Choward's violet- no "edge" at all. It's *so* harmonious with the fruit. If no one told you it was in here, you might not even pick it out, it's so sultry and sweet.

This is voluptuous. This is a grown-up fruit. If you put this in Sephora they would not be able to keep it in stock. Home run.

ETA I couldn't put my finger on what it was reminding me of, but I've got it now. It's a spiritual sister to

PG WILDFLOWER!! Flower and fruit folded into a desserty nom finish. DROOL.

Edited by tyvey

My skin is getting a light-candied (violet candies, 'course) flruit. It's COLORFUL, quite cheerful and -again for me- another sheer Spring scent upon first application and light drydown. Will update as we morph!

• 3 weeks later...
Sweet violet and juicy fruits. In the vial, its cramy-fruity. On the skin, the violet becomes stronger after some time. I'm not sure if I like it. I think I have to try it again.

This smells SO Marthafloggin' good. Holy shyte. Started as Good 'n Fruities and is now taking on a floral note in addition...donde lose yum.

This doesn't have 'mones, right? It's a charged fragrance only?

Right. Generally only one or two phero-enhanced fragrances are released per month. If you read a review of a fragrance in the Reviews subforum, it will be without. Pheromones and phero-enhanced fragrances are reviewed in the Pheromone Arena subforum.

Edited by luna65

Right. Generally only one or two phero-enhanced fragrances are released per month. If you read a review of a fragrance in the Reviews subforum, it will be without. Pheromones and phero-enhanced fragrances are reviewed in the Pheromone Arena subforum.

Thanks, luna, I thought so. Oh, this IS a totally fascinating fragrance. The sweetness is morphing into something deeper. What a nice experience this fragrance is.

One of the things I really love about this scent is how long lasting it is. I applied at about 7ish- this morning. It's now almost 11 and I can still smell the violets floating around me. It's super long lasting on me, and very pretty.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a really interesting take on violet; there's the violet/berry mix like in Act of Violets but there's definitely lots more going on here with the caramel and a hint of smokiness from the vetiver. Unfortunately as it dries down the vetiver seems to clash with the other notes and make it go a bit off on my skin. I think my chemistry would have done better with tobacco, but I can still tell this would be a beautiful and complex blend on the right person.

• 7 months later...

Just after application, this is super tangy on me, but after only a few seconds, it mellowed out a lot and the fruit scents (most notably papaya) came out. The tanginess is still there, but it died down a lot and moved into the background to let the other scents play. Now it's a great blend of violet and fruit, sweet and tart.

• 2 weeks later...

This was buttery violets on me and I thought " finally " a violet I can handle. After about an hour though the screaming violet kicked in and gave me a bad headache. I don't know why, I can wear african violet without a problem I think, but regular violets do something crazy to my head. Initially it smells so buttery and yummy, but I can't handle the headache.

• 2 years later...

I didn't see notes in thread, so pasted below - directly copied from LP description on ArtFire:

VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
PAPAYA ~ Love, protection. Health of body and mind, clarity. Magnification of devotion.
PASSION FRUIT ~ Friendship, love.
TANGERINE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

Ok, with notes posted. Here is review. I got a FB because of the notes, having no idea how it would play on my skin given varying reviews. But I was attracted to notes and intent.

Decided to test tonight (for scent) and "pleasant surprise" keeps coming to mind as part of the description. At first, it is a fruity 'blast'. But after about 10 to 20 min dry-down the notes blend together wonderfully. It's a mood and confidence booster too, w/out any pheros. Intent only as noted in thread.

I'm a foodie scent girl, and for me this is not a floral scent. The violet is present and other notes mix together nicely. As a top note, I sniff a "true chocolate" on my skin but it doesn't overtake the other notes. This is complex, beautiful, strong and subtle at the same time.

I am not describing it well but liken it to when movies are called 'sleepers' - i.e. something that for whatever reason may have been overlooked prior, but when tried, discover it's something great. Of course only if you like the notes. :)

• 5 months later...

I put this on today and got busy out in the yard planting lilacs. I kept getting confused because I was smelling violets and ..chocolate covered fruit. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. I have a cold, but I've never confused lilacs with anything else.

DUHR! Perty Flerty, you fooled me! I feel like I just walked through a Victorian candy store. I like this. A little splash of tropical. A candied violet cake. A nibble of chocolate. Who knew all this would work together so nicely? Mara, of course!

• 5 months later...

I’ve worn this a couple times and this one always plays around with my nose. For the longest time I never got the cocoa, but one day I just sniffed the bottle and was like I smell the chocolate! The first time I actually put it on I swear I smelled cat pee; I think it was the papaya. But then it changed into a sweetness with a faint fruity overtone. And I never got cocoa the first time. The second time I was ready for the papaya which I then thought smelled good, got what I then learned must be violets (this I realize after receiving my freebie An Act of Violets), and the cocoa in and out all day. This past time on drydown I just get sweet smelling goodness. It’s a fun one! An odd combination, but bright and pretty. The bottle’s going down pretty fast cause this one I have to reapply quite often. I first bought it off of Etsy and stashed away for a few months. Then I started using it heavily when I saw it was available again. Now it’s back on the sold out list. Wished I had grabbed another bottle while it was available. It works for different moods due to the flower/chocolate/fruit combo for me. I had this one crossing over from the Valentine’s Day into Spring.