Make a Wish... and Blow!

AD-PE-Wish.jpg

Notes: cake, custard-like filling, banana, orchid

I've been wanting to put up my review for a couple of days but it's been a hard week in so many ways, I couldn't do it sooner without just saying "I love it. Thank you so much!! The end." Here's the longer version...

I tore this open as soon I received my box. I had to smell how it had turned out and whether what I had in my head would be able to translate to a scent since I'm not very good at it. It smelled so good !!!! It was very banana, very orchid but I wasn't really getting the cake part. Something told me that I should put it aside for a little bit because it needed to sit and blend. So, a couple of days later, I came back to my precious and decided to try this again at bed time (not for husband, just me ;)) I couldn't believe the difference a couple of days would make. Everything seemed so much more blended, the cake note came out and it was just so lovely. It was a comfortable scent, a comforting scent.

Since I'd slathered the night before, I decided to extend my experimentation into the next day. I wore it to work and this is where I really experienced my true thoughts: this is very light and soft. I don't think a better picture could have been used. Something about the combo seems so fitting for her. Soft, sweet, innocent and yet not. It stays very close to the skin and I did notice that I couldn't really smell it after a few hours but I didn't mind. I decided around 2 pm I was going to roll some more. Funny enough, all of a sudden my cubicle mate shouts out "I smell cake. Who has cake, I want some." I had to explain there was no cake, just me. She wasn't happy with me and even today, two days later, she is still having cake urges but that really confirmed for me the notes because sometimes I smell things differently than other ladies here. I wore some again today and I still smell how it's morphing more cake-like and blended. It'll be interesting to see if it changes further with a little age.

ETA: I started out the day with left over Nola and Rocket Fuel. Believe it or not, Make a Wish went pretty darn well with it this evening. It almost kind of reminded me of a banana foster. I might be mixing and matching in the future!!

I'm not sure that many of you will understand what I mean by this, maybe NuTrix will as I've heard her kind of say the same but there are two scents I get when I wear this. If I put my nose right on my arm, I get a very sweet banana floral. It's foodie. When I get a whiff just in passing, it's more blended, more complex. the orchid lingers a bit longer, it's more perfume-like than foodie. I love it just as much in it's own different way. I always find it interesting when I pick up differences like that.

Anyway, for me Mara and what I was looking for, it was perfect in every way - from the bottle to the actual perfume. Thank you once again for something that really met every expectation and then beyond. I've already used up way more than I expected to at first but that's ok. I have back ups! :D Cuddle Bunny works perfectly with this too. It was just a perfect belated birthday present for myself and hopefully husband enjoys it too. So all I can say to summarize is I love it!! Thank you so much!! As usual, you created a beautiful scent memory for me!!

Edited by StoremyWhether

Yay!! I'm so glad you posted Storemy. I Tried this the first evening I received it. With foodie scents & especially "cake" notes, my skin can amp a very pointy sour cake or milk smell so I tend to be cautious in trying those scents. I'm so glad I went for it here.

The scent is a very delicate, soft cake with a smooth creamed banana. I really like how the banana is both present and subtle. The orchid is very faint on my skin (I might wish for a tiny bit more) but, it's also a soft floral. Not a pointy note in sight here.

This is a gorgeous, sensual foodie. Its whimsical but also a soft, sexy take me anywhere fragrance.

I feel so feminine and pretty in this scent.

Well done.

ooohhh SW, sounds like a winner !

waiting for my bottle

Yeah great review Storemy, I originally missed your description of this in the new PE release thread up until 2 days ago when I reread it looking for MAW clues since no reviews had been posted, (the label alone sold it for me I figured if it smells bad at least it will look good displayed) I see the mystery of MAW is unfolding better than I expected.

I'm not sure that many of you will understand what I mean by this, maybe NuTrix will as I've heard her kind of say the same but there are two scents I get when I wear this.

I do know what you mean, as It's something that happens a lot of the time for me, although not usually in a concurrent fashion; just that a scent will evolve and end up as two or three different scents by the time it's finished drying down. But also our olfactory impressions as a whole are mitigated by proximity, so it's more that people's brains don't actually process a totality, just different elements based on their proximity to the source of the smell.

The votes are in for the category for best LPMP label and the winner is... MAKE A WISH AND BLOW!!!

Luv, luv, luv this labeled bottle will keep this displayed forevah. I used to have the MM Chanel 5 poster but since I've outgrown idol posters this is a chic replacement.

First impression is an overwhelming orchid paired w a creamy note, after a 4-5 minute drydown the orchid settles quite nicely to a now noticeable smooth banana, both notes bring a soft sweetness. I get more floral w a hint of cake. Pretty, sexy, yummy = win win win.

Edited by Cherise

First off, I adore Marilyn and LOVE this label! But the perfume itself is just as awesome! Its a very creamy floral. Cakey but not too sweet. I can't pick out individual notes, but the combination of the notes really bring about a soft, cakey type of scent that is so comforting and pretty. It's yummy smelling but not overly foodie. It's really a perfect balance that's not too gourmand or too floral.

I'm very happy that I got a bottle!

I just noticed this has a custard note. Yes! That's what I smelling. Custard and orchid are the stars of this!

Edited by hearts

I get it ALL !

Bananas, orchids and CAKE !

then I get what I thought was *frosting* but instead is CUSTARD :)

YUMMY !!

• 1 month later...

I'm so thrilled that I was able to score a bottle of this amazing blend. This starts out as pure Orchid on me and then it moves to this blend of creamy floral mixed in with custard and the most amazing banana note I've ever smelled. I love how this one morphs from a floral to a fruit blend on me

In about three seconds this morphs from a hint of banana floral into the cakey note I hate in Cherry Divinity, I'm so sad :( Then it fades and goes dusty. Ugh :(

I tried it on my daughter and she got the same thing and hated it.

I've posted it for sale because I know it has a few admirers and will find a good home.

I'm so happy to have gotten a bottle of this from the trade threads! Initially I didn't jump on it because I wasn't sure about orchid, but after reading the reviews I had a sense I would love it and I absolutely do. The floral note/aspect is very subdued on me -- what I get is a fascinating little dominance match between cake and fruit. This is creamy and mouthwateringly bakery-esque (hm, are those words?) at first -- all cake and frosting. And then the banana suddenly emerges and it's fresh fruit. To the extent that I am getting the orchid, it feels more as if it's adding to the texture than the scent. Then the whole thing settles against my skin like a skein of silk. Edible silk.

That's a mouthful of mixed metaphors! This is delicious. Period.

There' s something in this one - probably one of the dairy notes - that doesn't go quite right on me; it actually reminds me of what SUPER for Her does on my skin too. And the banana comes off as candied, like with Jungle Colada. Although there is about a five-minute window where everything blends together nicely. However, if I layer this with my Creamy Caresses scent from Universal Voodoo, then it's all good. :)

• 2 months later...

With a couple months aging this one smells much nicer on me now; I get a lovely banana cake thing happening at first and then it backs off to let the orchid come out, very smooth and skin-hugging and just slightly sweet. So now I can slather this and enjoy!

• 5 months later...

I am sooo glad I held on to my bottle! I finally get the whole banana orchid thing. Wet it smells like those plastic cake holder things anyone know what I am talking about? It's not a bad smell, it just reminded me of that for a tiny second, then it becomes a creamy banana fluffy dress that twirls and when it stops twirling soft and delicate orchid petals fall out. it's not a blatant orchid- like YO BITCH WHAT UP.. It's more like a shy... hi.. kinda orchid. Love it!