Okay, I'm hooked! Oils vs Sprays?

I got four pheroblends as oil concentrates:

LAM

Cougar

LP Red Lace

OCCO SLF

I have taken all of them out for a spin individually, and now consider LP Red Lace an indispensable part of my arsenal. The others, I need to experiment with more in different settings. I am anticipating great things and am so excited!

What I'd like to do now is expand my collection of social blends in order to make people feel naturally more at ease in my presence. I don't even know where to start. I also don't know if the spray would be a more effective means of diffusion in an environment where I come in contact with a lot of people, but only for a brief amount of time.

Any hints, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all in advance!

Cougar is fabulous in spray form. Here's my list of socials that are great in spray form:

1. Open Windows

2. Heart & Soul

3. Perfect Match

4. G2

5. B2

6. Popularity Potion

For me, aside from cougar are:

Super Sexy for Women

Lumina

I know SS4W is more of a sexual phero, but i wear it mainly for the self effects. It's got a-nol in it so I think that's why it makes me feel lifted. Also there is no Eow in it so you can put it in your hair,

Lumina is another great one! It's a lot like cougar, but more social. I believe it has a smidge of cops, but none that you can smell in clothes or hair, These three are a must have for me

ETA: I have these all in alcohol spray. I like the higher diffusion of the alcohol All of my pheros are alcohol based for this reason.

Edited by Raq On

HAH...no not bad,fun fun fun huh :001_302: ...pretty much agree with what has been said,while I love Cougar in spray,I love the original Cougar Potion in oil too,and love LP Red boosted with Cougar...have more pheros/scents than I will ever have occasions to wear them for,but sure do like being prepared for anything,or mood. Good luck deciding what to get first! :P oh and do get OCCO Red

HAH...no not bad,fun fun fun huh :001_302: ...pretty much agree with what has been said,while I love Cougar in spray,I love the original Cougar Potion in oil too,and love LP Red boosted with Cougar...have more pheros/scents than I will ever have occasions to wear them for,but sure do like being prepared for anything,or mood. Good luck deciding what to get first! :P oh and do get OCCO Red

Bwahaha! Very well put. I have so many, when I die they'll have to bury me with them like an Egyptian pharaoh.

Bwahaha! Very well put. I have so many, when I die they'll have to bury me with them like an Egyptian pharaoh.

Hee...I can just envision it,at a far far future dig,probably not life as we know it..."oh what manner of Goddess was worshiped here" :)

Hee...I can just envision it,at a far far future dig,probably not life as we know it..."oh what manner of Goddess was worshiped here" :)

The Goddess of beautiful smells & guitars, Mara Fox :Emoticons0804:

LOL I've seriously been loading up the e-cart and having to talk myself out of buying everything I want at once. It's like that scene from The Jerk .. "Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need *you*. I don't need anything. Except this. [picks up an ashtray] And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp."

Lol! That's me, too! Can you say, "addiction"? I want at least one of everything - better if I could have 2 - and I want it all NAO.

I have two money-saving jars going at the moment. One for house renovations. One for LPs. Guess which has more money in it? Bingo. ;)

LOL I've seriously been loading up the e-cart and having to talk myself out of buying everything I want at once.

Two years later, I still talk myself out of buying everything i want at once and the need to have at least two backup bottles of the scents I like. There were a couple of times that the shopping cart refused to let me add anymore items to it.

LOL I've seriously been loading up the e-cart and having to talk myself out of buying everything I want at once. It's like that scene from The Jerk .. "Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need *you*. I don't need anything. Except this. [picks up an ashtray] And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp."

Hahahahaha, that is brilliant.

I also add everything, I load up my cart,then take stuff out, put it back in, do the hokey cokey, turn around, pick something else or five, give myself a hard time, take them out etc etc, it goes on for daaaaaaays.

I prefer UN than phero boosted scents. I have SS4W, SWS and PP in both oil and spray. I use these quite frequently and in social situations. I use the oil form on my body and the spray in my hair and clothes.

LOL this whole thread has me giggling.

I really want La Femme Mystere, too. Like, bad.

La Femme Mystere is a great blend, you should definitely get it :666:

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any thoughts on putting on both an oil and a spray of something? If you only do a bit, like a dab of oil and one spritz of spray, does this give you the best of both worlds (range and diffusion + staying power), or is it still overkill?

I would say yes, this could give you the best of both worlds, as long as you don't use too much. I've tried a combination of oil and spray with Lace, CB... For example: I put one dab of Lace oil on one of my wrists and one spray Lace alcohol on the other, then put the wrists together (without rubbing) and smear a bit behind my ears. This would get good diffusion and would last longer than a spray alone. I also tried this with phero enhanced perfume oil. Just now I've put on a bit of TMI perfume with just a spritz of TMI unscented spray: smells good, diffusion is good and it would still last a few hours.

@Synergist - that's where the 60/40 beta spray comes in handy. The best of both worlds. To be honest, I only own BI, Leather and LFM in 60/40. The other social pheros (without cops) I have in both oil and spray so I can refresh with the spray when I'm outside.

Can you get perfumer alcohol easily in Australia? I'd love to get some mini glass sprays and roller bottles so I can decant some to bring out. I found a small company who sells perfumer alcohol but the reviews say that it is not entirely odorless and thus I have not purchased any.

Perfumer's alcohol is not so easy to get, but I've been using Spirytus Rektyfikowany, which is essentially Polish vodka and at 95% alcohol it does the job pretty damn well and doesn't seem to have much of a smell.

Edited by Synergist

I bought some pure alkohol (95%) at a pharmacy shop and I sometimes mix it with LP perfumes to get a spray perfume. As for the pheros: I prefer buying the phero-sprays that Mara sells. I'm also using the small spray bottles to mix the ready-made phero spray with a few drops of LP perfume oil. That's very versatile and it can be sprayed even on top of an un-phero oil.

Does anyone have any thoughts on putting on both an oil and a spray of something? If you only do a bit, like a dab of oil and one spritz of spray, does this give you the best of both worlds (range and diffusion + staying power), or is it still overkill?

Yes, I like to layer oils & sprays together. Unfortunately, I am not a rich lady, so I usually make half of my bottle of oil into a spray with the perfumes I want to do this with. I put the oil on at home, do a small walk through spray & take it with me to refresh with. I usually don't need to, but when I start drinking I find myself refreshing my perfume constantly :drunk::perfume-emoticon:

ETA: I just thought about it! Thank gawd these perfumes are not "loud", people would be running away from my French whore-esque stench when I'm out :lol:

Edited by Beccah

ETA: I just thought about it! Thank gawd these perfumes are not "loud", people would be running away from my French whore-esque stench when I'm out :lol:

Thus, why I ask people I know to "smell test" and tell me if I need to refresh.....otherwise I would be walking around in a cloud of scent ALL the time.....

I know what you mean about turning half of a bottle into a spray.....I do that, too.....then I run out of one or the other and have a screaming hissy fit when I find out that it has sold out......I always try to buy at least two of the ones I love.....

Edited by Dolly

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this!! :blush:

Me 3 ;) There are a few I'm particularly bad with, refreshing simply because I want to bathe in the scent. I have to reign in my "roller hand" from time to time.

• 2 months later...

I've looked for the answer everywhere and haven't been able to find it, although I'm sure it must have been asked and answered already. I know that sprays diffuse farther and faster than oils, but can anyone tell me the approximate diffusion radius of an oil vs. a spray? How close would I need to get to someone for them to be affected by pheros in oil? Sometimes I can't judge whether a reaction is due to the phero blend I'm wearing or just me.

That is hard for me to answer,never paid much attention to distance actually,very subjective IMO,and depends on many variables like temps,scent,amount used,how open people are I guess,or not.I get at least as many reactions from how I am feeling :) ...hopefully someone will be along with more thoughts...best advice I can give is track your own observations,cause what works for one is definitely not going to be the same for others. The fun is experimenting !!!

That is hard for me to answer,never paid much attention to distance actually,very subjective IMO,and depends on many variables like temps,scent,amount used,how open people are I guess,or not.I get at least as many reactions from how I am feeling :) ...hopefully someone will be along with more thoughts...best advice I can give is track your own observations,cause what works for one is definitely not going to be the same for others. The fun is experimenting !!!

Calii is correct. It will be different for everyone......and it can even be different for YOU one day than on another.......it will be affected by many things such as humidity, where you applied it, what your body temp is, if it is windy or no breeze at all, etc etc etc.

...and it can even be different for YOU one day than on another...

Oh Yeah !! ...your own mood,and even expectations can add or subtract,which is why I stopped looking ,well mostly :001_302: and just enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the replies! The perfectionist in me freaks out sometimes when the answers aren't clear-cut. My instinct is to douse myself in pheros every few hours because it's so hard to believe that just a little bit can affect anybody besides me, or last for that long....of course, that would be overkill and totally counterproductive. I guess finding what works is a journey, with pheromones and pretty much everything else :)

I've looked for the answer everywhere and haven't been able to find it, although I'm sure it must have been asked and answered already. I know that sprays diffuse farther and faster than oils, but can anyone tell me the approximate diffusion radius of an oil vs. a spray? How close would I need to get to someone for them to be affected by pheros in oil? Sometimes I can't judge whether a reaction is due to the phero blend I'm wearing or just me.

I just answered above, but I wanted to add that the ones that I wear in oil are usually the sexual ones that I want to affect those who get into my personal space.....you know, that "bubble" that is around you.....each person has their own, and they vary in size.....mine is about 1-2 feet depending on who I am dealing with.....and how yummy they are.....LOL.....I have learned that it is often better if you don't have sexual signals flying across the room when you are in a large group.....the social mixes are best utilized in spray.....

Thanks for the replies! The perfectionist in me freaks out sometimes when the answers aren't clear-cut. My instinct is to douse myself in pheros every few hours because it's so hard to believe that just a little bit can affect anybody besides me, or last for that long....of course, that would be overkill and totally counterproductive. I guess finding what works is a journey, with pheromones and pretty much everything else :)

Pheros in oil can last on the skin (and still work) for about 5-6 hrs or more, depending on how hot and humid the weather is.....sprays burn off quicker.

Edited by Dolly

I'm a bit of a hand-talker, so I've taken a tip from Dolly when wearing socials in oil: I apply them to the backs of my hands, my forearms, (sometimes my upper arms), and my chest, (because I wear V & scoop-necked shirts a lot). I find that even with the oils, the scent/pheros get out there.

I'm also with Dolly in that I like the sexual socials in oil, (especially if I happen to be wearing them out), because I want that sexual signature to be attributable to me, and only me, as much as is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit of a hand-talker, so I've taken a tip from Dolly when wearing socials in oil: I apply them to the backs of my hands, my forearms, (sometimes my upper arms), and my chest, (because I wear V & scoop-necked shirts a lot). I find that even with the oils, the scent/pheros get out there.

I'm also with Dolly in that I like the sexual socials in oil, (especially if I happen to be wearing them out), because I want that sexual signature to be attributable to me, and only me, as much as is possible.

The back of the hands and forearms really work well for those of us who are hand-talkers.....that is one of my favorite places to apply the social blends that are not in spray format....I personally prefer the silicone base to oil, but that is just a personal preference.....

Yeah, I was one of the ones who used to use EoW in spray blends a LOT, and was heavy-handed with it too (go figure....lol).....had some pretty strange things happen, though.....maybe I should write a book....."Dolly's Misadventures in Phero-land!" Now, I normally only wear sexual blends in sprays when I am with my darlin'....

One of my best application 'tricks' has been to use my pheros on my forearms, just below my elbows when I'm working, because it's the part of me that is closest to my customers no matter what I'm doing. (Well, that,and that I wash my hands so often at work that I don't want to wash the pheros off if I apply them too close to my hands). It works incredibly well for that purpose.

I'm actually considering getting an Open Windows spray for work. I wear Stealing Heaven for almost every shift because when I wear it I have a very noticeable hike in my gratuities. But one day I spent quite a bit of time in one of the other server's sections, helping, because she was falling behind, she commented that for whatever reason her tips were through the roof like she hadn't seen before. It could have been any number of things - her customers really liked her, maybe they could see she was having a bad night & left 'pity' tips, (that happens sometimes, lol), maybe she did a much better job than she thought, or maybe it was that I was in there, wafting my Open Windows around? I keep wondering if I get a spray for the wider diffusion, would it help more than just my own tips? I might try it, 'cause that would be really, really awesome.

I have only one spray with cops in it - Sexology - and I plan to only wear it at home. Haha! That's what I'm planning. Whether it works out that way is another story... And Dolly, I would definitely read your book! ;)