Romeo and Juliet

Gale

Wow. This one was such a surprise for me. Looking at the notes, I was expecting something stronger and sharply herbal. Nooooo. it was so, so soft and warm and round. Beautiful, foody kind of (maybe the nuts and spices) but not really foody at all. The balance of the herbs and nuts is perfect, as hazelnut for sure can easily become overpowering. This is so strange and beautiful and soft. That's what I keep getting--the softness even when wet. It stays close as a skin scent, but it lasts and I really want to smell like this. I love it and I'm getting a bottle at the first opportunity even though I can't describe it for the life of me. Genius!

• 4 weeks later...
Wow. This one was such a surprise for me. Looking at the notes, I was expecting something stronger and sharply herbal. Nooooo. it was so, so soft and warm and round. Beautiful, foody kind of (maybe the nuts and spices) but not really foody at all. The balance of the herbs and nuts is perfect, as hazelnut for sure can easily become overpowering. This is so strange and beautiful and soft. That's what I keep getting--the softness even when wet. It stays close as a skin scent, but it lasts and I really want to smell like this. I love it and I'm getting a bottle at the first opportunity even though I can't describe it for the life of me. Genius!

I must comply with Gale here. I was also expecting stong herbal - but it is not like that at all. I defintely get the hazelnut but it is not overpowering. There are spices present but it is not a fragrance that jars from note to the next - it is very well balanced. To me it is not totally round, there is a kind of nutty creaminess there, but there is also a little, and only a very little, undercurrent of spikness. It's very nice, it's not so loud that it will enter a room before you but it is very interesting and I imagine it would pull people into your personal space - in order to smell you better. It's quite an intimate number...

:blink:

May

I must comply with Gale here. I was also expecting stong herbal - but it is not like that at all. I defintely get the hazelnut but it is not overpowering. There are spices present but it is not a fragrance that jars from note to the next - it is very well balanced. To me it is not totally round, there is a kind of nutty creaminess there, but there is also a little, and only a very little, undercurrent of spikness. It's very nice, it's not so loud that it will enter a room before you but it is very interesting and I imagine it would pull people into your personal space - in order to smell you better. It's quite an intimate number...

:blink:

May

Hmmmmmm, sounds nice.....I may have to try this one.....

It's unusual, but it is soft and fairly subtle and as Gale said it is a close skin scent. Very different!

May

Sounds very provocative......I think I am going to have to get a sample of this with my next order......

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The almond and hazelnut come out on me first. It smells creamy and nutty. My skin just absorbed this one. After 10 minutes, it was gone. No wait, not gone... Just subtle. I agree with the other reviews. It is a very close to you scent. It is really nice and soft. The hazlenut and cinnamon make a really nice pair. I am not sure where the creaminess comes from, but it is really nice. Like an almond butter rather than the traditional strong almond scent.

• 4 months later...

People, it's licorice. Not an exact replication, but that's my impression in a word. This scent has everything to do with that fennel and all the other licorice relatives. I'll bet there's anise in here. I don't get any almonds really, even bitter ones. It sweetens up as it dries on my skin, but this is not a sweet scent, and that's coming from someone who doesn't gravitate to most sweet fragrances. Definitely an aromatic and as bracing as they promised. What an odd combo this scent is. If you like this sort of thing, it's ok, I suppose. I find it forgettable.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I was a bit afraid this would be herbal and astringent, but it's not at all. It doesn't smell like anything poisonous at teh very least. The anise is absolutely lovely, and reminds me of those licorice scratch-n-sniff stickers I used to love as a kid. :beggingpleasesmiley: It's sweet but also has an ethereal quality that's probably meant to be reminiscent of poisonous vapors but is mysterious and alluring.

• 5 months later...

I apologize for resurrecting an old thread but for those who've tried this do you think it'd work on a man?

I apologize for resurrecting an old thread but for those who've tried this do you think it'd work on a man?

Yep~ ..and I think I have one on my trade thread~

Yep~ ..and I think I have one on my trade thread~

Hmmmm... :)

• 9 months later...

OOO>.. THIS IS LOVELY... Its so smooth and round, i get a bit of mintiness in the scent!! Mint hazelnut??? MMM... YUM YUM! IT's so gentle :yeahthat: somehow it reminds me of chocolate marshmallow... heh.... :)

20 mins later: it smells very odd... may be it's the cumin? Doh...

Edited by bumbob