Hello, I'm new...I have questions...but of course!

imagining_that

Greetings, all!

I'm a bit late with this message, but every time that I sit down to post, I find myself lost in a world of wondrous research and rabbit trails to follow. I've tried to find the answers, but so far they haven't quite answered 'my' questions. And so, I reach out here with (what likely sounds like a line of redundant questioning) 'things I still don't get'.

But first, hi! I'm a fairly new phero user, having started my journey over at 'that other site'. Are we allowed to mention other names? I know that on 'that' forum, it is heartily discouraged...and I don't want to break protocol my first time out of the gate. In any case, I have been using the socials for a couple of months...and find that I am one of those rare few that actually LIKES (a lot!) the smell of neroli-in-alchohol :-) I really don't like anything that smells like food, especially 'sweet', 'sugary' smells (and NOT vanilla!! The real bean? Yes. Anything that is not the real bean? NOOoooo).

So. About 2 weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to try cops (I'm 43 and have been on steady-state b/c for years). I spent days searching the net for purchased EoW (alcohol) and PCC. The PCC seems to be useless, I can barely smell it, and nothing different in the world around me whether I go for one 'stripe' or 6. As for EoW. Well. Oh, it's bad. Overpowering. I'm a bit hesitant to wear heavy cover scents, because (at least out here in this part of CA), fragrance-wearing is often taboo as there are so many very delicate olfactories that get distressed from a bit of scent visited upon their worlds. BUT...I like scent. What a quandary I find myself in. How do I learn to use these cops (and other pheros) and cover the horror that is the EoW smell without being that old cotton-haired 'cologne lady' that makes us giggle in the supermarket as she floats by on her dense cloud of Avon 'parfum'?

Basically, I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. I bought 'cologne strength' neroli alchohol (Love it! :-) ) :Hug_emoticon: . I sit about naked for 15-20 minutes after dabbing the EoW on, then spraying on the neroli. Still smell it. Get nervous because if I don't fix it quick, I'll be late for work...find old bottle of opium and spray that. OVERPOWER. Dress, run to work, hope not to sicken anyone (I know, not for work...but I'm learning by doing right now, and there are real-live humans to watch for reactions). 2 hours later, I can smell 'something', and I'm not 'loving' it. I've also tried using some roll-on oils that someone left here (lotus/tulip oil and something about the moon). They smell strong, but I can still detect 'yuck' lurking under the edges. The first day I tried on the sides of my neck (1 drop each) and one in cleavage. Spoke to Mara to deal with bungled order and got the good advice to use on torso, NOT near face/head. Still...nothing (but weird smell). By nothing, I'm referring to a hit. Not an overt one from the men, not a 'hey, what's that?' look in their eyes, not so much as a shift of the gaze from any of the women old or young...nada. Tried it at the store and nothing. Even wore some to a boy scout ceremony/barbecue...absolutely nothing. So I'm clearly doing something wrong. Any ideas?

My order from LP should arrive soon-ish, at which time I'll experiment with the already fragranced cops and pheros that I've ordered. In the meantime, however, the researcher in me really wants to learn to work with what I have.

I have more questions, but realized that with my lightening fast fingertips...I've possibly overwhelmed already.

Good to meet all y'all and thanks for any hand-holding (even if accompanied by surreptitious eye rolling), guiding and answering that you'd like to offer!!

Reading by your post... Do you mean you are finding it hard to cover the EOW scent? I've read a few posts about covering the "strange" scent... People often apply EOW FIRST. Let it dry down 10-15 mins... then apply another scent on top of where they applied EOW. Fruity scents are known to cover EOW well :)

I'm pretty new to pheors too so I will leave the wise suggestions to more experienced users! :Hug_emoticon: Just wanna say Welcome imagining_that!!! :):D:D

Reading by your post... Do you mean you are finding it hard to cover the EOW scent?

Hah! Yes! Hello bumbob...and thanks for the welcome! That is indeed what I meant to say. With all those words. :Hug_emoticon: I need help understanding how best to cover the EoW scent. Following that, I need assistance in the 'why no hits?' realm. Seems a shame to spend so much time and gagging for no effects. :)

I know, will come a time that I look back and laugh at myself and my self-created tribulations biggrin.gif

Hi! I know this will not sound that useful but I think you are either wearing not enough or too much. Sounds like maybe not enough, if you're literally just dabbing it on in a spot or two.

With very few exceptions, the eow boosts in LPs have been very well behaved and require almost no dry down for me- in particular, I have boosted bottles of halo's Angelique and ail's voluptuous vanilla and they smell very true to original and require ZERO dry down.

The OCCOs are also incredibly good about settling quickly. Also cops & robbers comes boosted and i never get ANY cops smell from that AT ALL. I feel very spoiled by LPMP's coverage of cops and have basically stopped using anyone else's.

ETA I just realized that I've named ALL foody scents (my fav)! Sorry! But the OCCOs do include some non foody (or less foody) ones which you should check out.... Or LAM or BAM sandalwood and resins which are very lightly scented and could pass for lingering soap or lotion...

Edited by tyvey

Thanks Tyvey! I am very much looking forward to receiving my box 'o goodness. I don't even remember what I purchased...and I'll just wait to find out. A bit like Christmas, it is!

There's a part of me that feels that I need to truly learn about the 'manual' methods before relying upon automatic. Just in case of an apocalypse? I'm not sure...

More than 3 drops of EoW? Would that not make my brains liquify and my hair ignite? :-) Ok, I'm game for anything...

Welcome I.T.!

I am new here too but have you read the pheromone section on this board? It answers a lot of questions and helps diferentiate between the various pheros, cops, covering, dry down, etc. Everyone here is most helpful, and encouraging. I was (am) such a pest because there was so much information to digest at first. I don't know how they do it but many users here can come up with links to old threads that cover many of the topics we ask about. (I still haven't figured out how to search for them)

You will love it here.

How do I learn to use these cops (and other pheros) and cover the horror that is the EoW smell without being that old cotton-haired 'cologne lady' that makes us giggle in the supermarket as she floats by on her dense cloud of Avon 'parfum'?

Well first of all, if you decide to go with LPMP scents that's not what you're going to smell like. Hopefully it will destroy your prejudices regarding perfume in general.

Still...nothing (but weird smell). By nothing, I'm referring to a hit. Not an overt one from the men, not a 'hey, what's that?' look in their eyes, not so much as a shift of the gaze from any of the women old or young...nada. Tried it at the store and nothing. Even wore some to a boy scout ceremony/barbecue...absolutely nothing. So I'm clearly doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Reactions are also all about context. In what context are you presenting yourself? Because although EoW will provoke a specific reaction in males, if the context of the situation is inappropriate for that response, then you won't get a blatant hit. But there's no one reaction when it comes to cops and pheros.

I was (am) such a pest because there was so much information to digest at first.

Exactly. My brain is not retaining anything any longer...so I'll just take it one step at a time and try to fully understand before the next concept.

You will love it here.

I already do! Thanks for the welcome!

Well first of all, if you decide to go with LPMP scents that's not what you're going to smell like. Hopefully it will destroy your prejudices regarding perfume in general.

Reactions are also all about context. In what context are you presenting yourself? Because although EoW will provoke a specific reaction in males, if the context of the situation is inappropriate for that response, then you won't get a blatant hit. But there's no one reaction when it comes to cops and pheros.

I'm guessing that I've found the place that's going to lead me out of the dark scent-wise. I am (although as I haven't experienced it full-tilt in years) a synesthete (I was sensory 'cross-wired' and experience things across the senses). Looking forward to experiencing the world again in all modalities. :-)

Thank you!

I am (although as I haven't experienced it full-tilt in years) a synesthete (I was sensory 'cross-wired' and experience things across the senses). Looking forward to experiencing the world again in all modalities. :-)

Thank you!

What is a synesthete?

Welcome to the forum, imagining_that!

Besides the range of OCCO, LAM & BAM, you might want to have your LP boosted with EoW then use your neroli-scented pheros on top of it.

:Hug_emoticon:

EXACTLY that! The testosterone spike that is caused by EoW does not always create a reaction in males, if it is in a non-sexual setting. Sometimes, it does happen.....don't get me wrong about that! BUT, when you are in a professional office setting or a setting with lots of children around, men are likely NOT going react blatantly. Society has taught them that a sexual response is inappropriate and frowned upon at those times.....

That said.....it is quite possible that you are not using enough. You will need to tweak the amount you are using until you find your correct dosage, as everybody needs a different amount to get it to work for them. My thoughts.....

Try testing in a more appropriate setting, first of all. You will be better able to gauge the reactions you get. Secondly, when you apply the EoW, kind of rub it in. If it lays on top of the skin and stays wet, it will NOT cover. It needs to COMPLETELY dry down. Secondly, a light alcohol-based perfume is not going to be your best choice in a cover scent. The alcohol will burn off and leave the EoW smell behind. There are a lot of variables that you will need to get a handle on before you start trying to cover EoW straight up with a light neroli in alcohol. Fruity scents work well to cover, so do musk, amber, vanilla, honey.....resins in general do well.

I would highly suggest trying some of Mara's pre-scented copulin blends. It makes things a lot easier. I also boost a lot of my LP scents with EoW to make application a little quicker. I do not do very many "foodies" either....two of my faves are OCCO Black and LAM/BAM Sandalwood and Resins. They are both wonderful. OCCO Black is a heavier scent and the LAM/BAM line is very light.

Another word about "bleed through".....sometimes if the perfume I am wearing is too light, I will get bleed through as well. This is where it seems like the perfume covers at first, but later in the day, I will get wafts of something that smells a little "off".....that just happens sometimes.....

Once you get all the variables down, even if you are getting a slightly strange odor at times, men will not think it is a bad scent.....women MAY. Men might think it smells bad, if it is a male family member (I have had this happen), or if it is in a totally inappropriate setting.....there again, it is all about CONTEXT. They get confused.....for instance, a male family member may feel aroused by you subconciously, and can't figure out WHY they feel that way about a family member. Same with co-workers and people at family settings.

Hi Imagining_that -

you may want to get a bottle of Closer before it sells out, it's a leather amber honey scent with a touch of pear, boosted with cops, if you like "dark" scents.

Sara

Ahh. I've found my place :-)

Yeah the Internet is interesting like that...you go along thinking you're the only one and then you come online and realize there's lots of people who are actually just like you, or at least mostly.

Welcome to the forum! My favorite place ever on the internet. I too would encourage you to try some of the pre-blended cops fragrances that Mara makes. She is a master. You have already gotten great advice on the EoW neat from Dolly. She's a phero goddess so listen to her and you can't go wrong. Good luck and I look forward to reading your reviews once you get your happy package. What types of scents do you like besides neroli.

Thank you everyone...for the tips and the welcomes! I think I'm starting to 'get it' now a little!

Dolly, thanks for the tip about rubbing in the EoW. I'll keep experimenting. AND...I've got a lovely box of wonders heading my way soon to work with!

I'm popping off to Africa next week for a couple of weeks, I won't be bringing/wearing pheros or scents there...Once I get home again, I'll be a blank canvas all over again (hopefully the memory won't blank out too and bring back the same questions!) :)