Violitious

salomewilde

AD_Violitious.jpg

Violitious

A delightful mix of the purple and the delicious! Violet, Lavender, Purple Berries, ethereal indigo Musk, sexy Resins and luscious Vanilla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VIOLET ~ Love, modesty, calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck and fortune, lust.
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/restores body and mind, arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing.
BERRIES ~ Love inducing, aids in relieving pregnancy discomforts, protection.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Violet, Lavender, Purple Berries, Ethereal indigo Musk, sexy Resins and luscious Vanilla."

My first question: is this a substitute for the exquisite Dark Seductions?
My answer: Possibly! It's sweeter. It's got those juicy, ripe LP berries on top. Black cherry?

Violet (ahhh) with musk (and resin) swell beneath, like a more playful, younger Dark Seductions.

This disappeared on me rather quickly, but she died sublimely, leaving a pale shadow of creamy lavendar.

"Violet, Lavender, Purple Berries, Ethereal indigo Musk, sexy Resins and luscious Vanilla."

My first question: is this a substitute for the exquisite Dark Seductions?

My answer: Possibly! It's sweeter. It's got those juicy, ripe LP berries on top. Black cherry?

Violet (ahhh) with musk (and resin) swell beneath, like a more playful, younger Dark Seductions.

This disappeared on me rather quickly, but she died sublimely, leaving a pale shadow of creamy lavendar.

I loved this one too, it has a fizzy, bubbly undertone that I adore. But, like Scourger, it was a little fickle and left me quite quickly. Otherwise this could have been a much more lasting relationship! :(

May

Edited by May

I loved this one too, it has a fizzy, bubbly undertone that I adore. But, like Scourger, it was a little fickle and left me quite quickly. Otherwise this could have been a much more lasting relationship! :(

May

Heh. I think you mean Salomewilde.

I haven't tried this one. The vanilla scared me away. :(

Heh. I think you mean Salomewilde.

I haven't tried this one. The vanilla scared me away. :)

OOPs! :) Really, sorry both, my head is a bit fritzed at the moment and I am a bit dense at the best of times! :unsure: The perfume is sweet and violet. I wouldn't say it was particularly vanilla-like but it reminds me a bit of some sweets we used to have over here called Parma Violets. They also had a fizzy effect and tasted and smelled of violets. The perfume is a lot classier and much more elegant but it smells of the same colour and texture - if you know what I mean? ;)

May

Edited by May

OOPs! :) Really, sorry both, my head is a bit fritzed at the moment and I am a bit dense at the best of times! :unsure: The perfume is sweet and violet. I wouldn't say it was particularly vanilla-like but it reminds me a bit of some sweets we used to have over here called Parma Violets. They also had a fizzy effect and tasted and smelled of violets. The perfume is a lot classier and much more elegant but it smells of the same colour and texture - if you know what I mean? :)

May

Hmm. Maybe I should try it after all. I have such lovely memories of violets.

:)

Hmm. Maybe I should try it after all. I have such lovely memories of violets.

I think the notes on this blend really well. Apparently it has lavender and I *bleargh* lavender. Can I detect it in this, can I cocoa! :)

It's more like these it's a sweet purple smell rather than the smell of dark violets.

PARMA_VIOLETS.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This is a very nice scent. I had to wear it more than once before I could make my true choice on it. But I am in love. Its very diffrent but it is very calming. I wore it on a rather stressfull day and the more i smelled the calmer I felt. The Lavender, and Vanilla comes out strongest to my scents.

My cat's also seemed to love on me more.

Ambrosia, I'm a "hard sell" too - Violitious was one I took an instant dislike to...violets, YUCK! But the DH just thought it was yummy (even wanted to wear it himself - which I managed to prevent, just barely) so I have kept trying.

Last weekend I slathered some on, and decided that it is a fun frangrance. Hints of bubbly carbonated violet at first, then gets a little warmer and creamier with time. Lasted a good long day, too, with just a little test patch on one hand.

About 50% of the LP scents I am "meh" about at first. Then they either mature in the vial, or I develop an appreciation with repeated exposure. Or a combination of both.

• 1 month later...

Violitious: Berry-ish violets with a soft musk like purple-licious scent!!!

Luckily the violet isnt violent. Just a smooth, very grounded violet with distinct purple berries.(blackberry? blueberry?). I typically test out my oils without reading the descriptions... For some reason the dry down reminds me of LP: PINK! It has that very soft-musk quality that makes the blend almost creamy?!

If you're a fan of dark berries and dont mind the soft whiff of violets, do try Violitious!!! :)

MPM

• 2 months later...

oooh i finally tried this and it's delectable. In the vial I smell the berry tang in a veil of lavender. When i put it on it's berry berry/violet but then dries down more vanillaee with a unique mixture of everything else that blend together nicely. Unfortunately i would have liked if the berriness would have kept up a little longer but I'm still in love!

Something about this actually reminds me of winter, like a crisp winter day with the sun going down ... hmm, maybe I just have snow on my mind, none of that where I live now!

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 3 months later...

I am in love (again - happens almost everytime i try a new LP scent)

In the vial this smelled just like lavendar honey, raw organic honey with bits of flower and honeycomb in it - mah vah less!

This is an unexpected surprise - it did not smell old ladyish (heavenly perfumed talcum powder). It is an elegant, classy scent that lasted all day. Not only was it refreshing and calming to me, it seemed to calm others near me.

I absolutely love it, love it :):blue_dancing_banana:

• 1 month later...

I really like the idea of scents with a sort of unifying color to them, so this was one that I really wanted to try, but...*sigh*

In the vial I really like the berries-and-violet thing going on, and the sweetness when I first apply, but I don't know if it's the violets going powdery (which happens a lot) or the musk not liking me, or the lavender (I have a hard time with most lavender) but there's something off. When it finally settles down it's somewhat better and I do get a purple evocation but even with some aging I don't think Violitious and I are meant to be.

• 2 months later...

This is really, really old-fashioned sexy. The beautiful, purple-y sweetness of the violet/vanilla/berries gives this one a sense of innocent allure. It's not cloying, just sweet enough to be clever, and later the resins come out just a tad more forcefully, like when a couple has courted long enough to become truly devoted to one another and the moment (the moment, I mean) is right. Trust me, the long courtship is worth the wait, both in love and with this charming perfume. I have only samples right now, but multiple bottles would be ideal. Ah, summer, me and Violitious :D

• 1 year later...

Again sorry to dredge up an old thread but I had to comment on how pretty this is. It is the other-end-of-the-spectrum, good-girl angel sister to Dolly's Dark Side :) Wet, I got pale misty violets with a gingery zing (now looking at the ingredients, it must be the berries)... giving me ideas for a violet-ginger-powderedsugar PE for spring??

The lavender is NOT sharp but warm, soft and almost immediately powdery (I don't usually like powder but something about this combo just works - not fussy, just cheerful and quite young-feeling).

• 2 years later...

OMG I love this!!!!!!!!! The violet isn't chain smoking in my face... it smells like white chocolate and raspberries to me with a bit of a floral undertone! OMG this is amazing!! It also gave me a bit of a little kick to my step. Def a happy potion.

It's very bright and berry but not fruity. Perfect for spring. Too bad it's GGG- this would be incredible with Topper or SS4W

• 1 year later...

Right away I can smell the Violet, with something underneath, its almost the sheerest anise smell!, Nope, its berries!! Oh my God, it smells exactly like those amazing vintage-type violet candies! I wish I had tested this when it was still in production, I would have gotten a FB, it smells so pretty. Its getting a little dryer sheet-y, but staying with the violet theme (maybe some lavender?) Ok, maybe I hallucinated the lavender and dryer sheets, because this just smells like violet pastilles, which I happen to love! Verdict of test=Full Bottle. Availability of bottle=not available. :( Oh well. I still have my big sample, so thats a good thing!! :D

• 1 year later...

I've been curious how this scent smells like since I have a bottle of Dolly's Dark Side which I adore but don't use very often. However, I have to say that not every violet scent work on me. Some of them, somehow, smells like dirty pits and makes me want to throw up my lunch, so to speak. This reminds me of DDS except it's lighter and has a younger vibe to it. Perhaps it's the lavender in it that makes it so. It's versatile enough and I might wear this to work someday.