Reindeer Bait

halo0073

AD-ReindeerBait-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516fd4

Reindeer Bait

A clear message to Santa: PLEASE STOP HERE! When you've got a wish list a mile long, you can't afford to be subtle. Let's face it: with all those places Santa visits on one night, you need something special to move you to the top of the list! Let us assist you with laying the bait...a yummy base of sugar cookie accord with vanilla, cinnamon and sugary dough, topped with fruity holiday fun in the form of bayberry, hollyberry and plum, with the depth of an assortment of clove essential oils and deer musk. Delicious and delectable...bring on the reindeer games!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
PLUM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
HOLLYBERRY ~ Aphrodisiac, promotes beauty; for consecration, foresight, strongly protective, luck.
BAYBERRY ~ Brings money to the pockets and blessings to the home. Protection, control.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Opens with yummy sugar cookies. Quickly overtaken by cloves. Then the bayberry comes out. Very complex, very nommy.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

PLUM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

HOLLYBERRY ~ Aphrodisiac, promotes beauty; for consecration, foresight, strongly protective, luck.

BAYBERRY ~ Brings money to the pockets and blessings to the home. Protection, control.

My nose was confused with this the other day, so I re-tried it today. SPICEFEST! A really nommy spicy scent...again, with an almost astringent spice smell at first, so don't put it down until you've let it settle a bit on your skin. Yum...

II really like the sugar cookie dough aspect of this, it's like what I wanted Santos L. HalperSanta's Little Helper to smell like on me, and then the Xmas stuff comes in and it's nice...it sort of reminds me of Good Judy's Snow Dream (thx kitteh), that layering of different holiday evocations. I don't know that I would wear this but it's one of those which puts one in the Xmas mood for sure.

I couldn't figure out what was in this that kept reminding me of a Christmas candle. I looked & I think it's the bayberry. This smells good, but I think I prefer it as a home scent. I'll probably stick this in my oil ring :)

• 4 weeks later...

This one has a nice spicy kick to it- maybe the clove? It's a very comfy and warm scent. Perfect for winter. It feels good on the skin and reminds me of being cozy and snuggled in bed. A perfect one for the holidays and winter. I actually did get sleepy and layered myself in fuzzy blankets after wearing this last night. It was very comforting. Like comfort food.

I love this one. It keeps getting better on me. The clove is amazing and strong with the bayberry but the cookie dough and plum really round it out and sweeten it up. I have worn this one a lot this Holiday season!

This is like Snickerdoodles and Christmas. I'm often leery of bayberry when it's a dominant note, but it's just a festive garnish that blends in smoothly here. Of the nonfoody elements on top of the cookie scent, I get the hollyberry and plum the most. Thankfully the clove behaves and doesn't amp to eleven like it can sometimes on me, but I've had a pretty good track record with LP clove. I don't particularly detect a strong musk but on the final drydown there is a bit of a musky quality that doesn't clash with the warm cookie accord/spices and cool plum/hollyberry/bayberry, just ties them all together. Going off what LadyV said, to me it's comfort food and comfort memories wrapped into one.

This one s great for the holidays, but I feel there are other cinnamony potions here at LP that suit me better...

Reindeer Bait is cinnamon centric, but it is very mild, not a spicy variety...I get a little bit of clove, but no berries or vanilla...

• 2 weeks later...

No, I'd say Stealing Xmas is sweeter overall, whereas Reindeer Bait goes from sweet to more Christmas greenery-like. To me it's very much a "house that smells like Xmas" type of scent.

• 2 weeks later...

I admit I was not interested in this at all from the notes...feel like piney stuff always takes over everything else on me, and I don't like bayberry, so I was frightened away by that and the holly . But THANK YOU for all your raves because they convinced me to try it and it's fabulous. On me it's like SLH -- SWEET CLOVE COOKIE NOM -- plus just a mild, just-been-out-in-the-forest-and-the-sweet-pine-sap-smell-in-the-air-still-lingers-on-my-hair kind of faint coniferous kiss. No pine-sol or stabbiness at ALL. I see a bottle of this in my future.

• 10 months later...

I got this in a sniffee and it's really nice!

At first I was sold on HOHOHO but it dried down wonky on me. So I didn't think I'd have any luck with RB, I was wrong. It is like warmth on the skin. A nice cooke scent but with some Christmasy piney goodness. I amp musk terribly and usually stay away but I can't detect it in this.

Since I usually go for spicy scents it's nice to have one that smells faintly of the greener notes like hollyberry. Tyvey's right it is a but like pine sap, but not bitter at all. no, more piney but real pine, not bowl you over Micahel's craft store plastic pine.

I really liked this one last year when I got it, but I tried it again the other day and I got overwhelming cinnamon and green scent. I don't remember it being so cinnamon-y; not even sweet cinnamon, like in Buns of Cinnamon, just overpowering strong cinnamon mixed with an almost pine (?) smell. Maybe there's something weird with my chemistry right now...I'm going to put this up for now, & try again later on. :-\

• 2 years later...

I got this off of Etsy, one of my first purchases. I didn’t realize this was based off a sugar cookie. It just smells like Christmas in a bottle. It’s the clove that gives it the Christmas vibe or I am smelling hollyberry/bayberry? It just smells like spicy Christmas, a scent that if you light a candle that smells like Christmas, this is it. When I went to the music store to my son’s viola lesson, his teacher asked what smelled good in there and I asked if it was me and it was. So, it has a good throw, too. So much so that I think I overapplied. It put me in the Christmas mood at first application, but it is powerful on me. It’s funny how some things just disappear in your skin and some stick around. And even harder to remember which ones they are in your collection!