Private Edition: Rosie's Wedding Cake - who wants? :)

To continue the convo started on the Potion of the Day thread....

I went to the wedding of my friends Rosie and Wayne on Saturday afternoon and when I got home I made a perfume based on the wedding cake as a gift for the bride. Deeeleeeshus!!!

:bday1032:

I made a LOT of this, and also designed the label for the 5ml bottles rather than the usual 10 ml bottles, so I have a goodly amount to share if anyone is interested. Price is $15 for a 5ml roller bottle with silver cap.

AD-PE-RosieWeddingCake.jpg

I also made the wedding favors for this wedding - little pouches of white almonds and silvered chocolate heart candies - and this was the artwork I used for the couple's congrats tags, and also used this art for the buffet table, so that's the significance of the label artwork...the label set off the peach colored organza perfectly, Their colors were Springy peach and green. It was a really beautiful outdoor wedding.

Their cake was 3-tiered (with a swan on top!) white vanilla frosting covered with shaved coconut on the outside, and deep yellow vanilla cake with a distinct nutty flavor on the inside. I think I nailed it using a couple of kinds of coconut, a lush cakey vanilla, brown sugar pecan, and a deep resiny vanilla absolute (which gives it a nice depth and longevity).

If you liked the one we used to have called Dream Pie, you'll like this one too, though this one has more weight to it. Not as "fluffy". It's a substantial coconut cake aroma with really good staying power. Lasted on me until the next day.

Any takers? Going to list those who expressed interest on the other thread but just let me know and I will take your name off the list - no pressure. I have around 20 of the 5ml bottles to share. You can reserve it now and pay for it later next time you order. Use the GC x 3 and write in that you want Rosie's Wedding Cake. K? Thanks!

:3d-prom-queen:

Peeps:

1) Raq On

2) ElizOSP

3) Tyvey

4) Luna

5) LadyV

6) Aeaea

7) AlienC

8) BlueBear

9) Rosebud

10) Invidiana

11) Skye

12) Ravenwing

13) Gaia

Their cake was 3-tiered (with a swan on top!) white vanilla frosting covered with shaved coconut on the outside, and deep yellow vanilla cake with a distinct nutty flavor on the inside. I think I nailed it using a couple of kinds of coconut, a lush cakey vanilla, brown sugar pecan, and a deep resiny vanilla absolute (which gives it a nice depth and longevity).

(Wipes drool off keyboard) Thanks for setting one aside for me. I will add it to my next order fo sho

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I'm a dummy. When you say gift certs, does that mean we actually have to have some? or do we just check the box for gift certs and it gets all sorted out when we pay?

I think I only have one or two, and I'm not sure if they total 15 bucks. I think I only have $10 worth. Sorry to be such an airhead

What I did in the past was:

1) go to the "Redeem Coupon section

2) enter the number of Gift Certifcates I need

3) Enter my name

4) Enter that the payment is for whatever I was paying for.

So in your case, if need need another $10, buy two more GCs, use the Redeem Coupon to redeem the remaining $15 you have on credit with LPMP. Hope this is clear and it helps you.