Lisa's Sugared Amber Patch

I loved this private edition. It was like combining Sugared Amber And Sugared Patchouli, the difference being you didn't have to buy two separate bottles of each to layer onto each other. That was great for me, since I can be a clutz. The sugars are pink rather white as far as I can tell. And the patchouli is sweeter it seems, rather than the drier version used in Sugared Patchouli. The amber used in Sugared Amber smells the same as the amber used in this. I loved this combination.

I loved this private edition. It was like combining Sugared Amber And Sugared Patchouli, the difference being you didn't have to buy two separate bottles of each to layer onto each other. That was great for me, since I can be a clutz. The sugars are pink rather white as far as I can tell. And the patchouli is sweeter it seems, rather than the drier version used in Sugared Patchouli. The amber used in Sugared Amber smells the same as the amber used in this. I loved this combination.

I wanted to love this one SOOOOO bad ! sadly the pink sugars just don't like me, anyone interested in a full bottle, minus a dab or three ?

I am sorry, please allow me to correct myself. Lisa's Sugared Amber Patch has white sugar not pink. The two separate sugared scents mentioned, smell sweeter to me for some reason.

hmmm...? thought it was pink too ?

whatever it is, on me the drydown smells like wet laundry that's been forgotten in the washer.....for days :blink:

so disappointed :EVB7BC~18:

Maybe give it some time to recover from travel shock before you trade it away? I've learned to do that with all scents...if they don't seem to work at all I let them sit in a dark cool place for at least a week before shaking vigourously and trying again. And then cry if something doesn't like me, heh.

Mine is coming, whee! *bounces*

hmmm...? thought it was pink too ?

whatever it is, on me the drydown smells like wet laundry that's been forgotten in the washer.....for days :)

so disappointed ;)

I am sorry that you were disappointed with how it came out. I was thinking of how amber and patchouli are really good together. Maybe there will be a future fragrance or private edition with these two and something else, perhaps fig, vanilla, or dragon's blood. I've been thinking of a private edition for while, I just can't make up my mind.

I wanted to love this one SOOOOO bad ! sadly the pink sugars just don't like me, anyone interested in a full bottle, minus a dab or three ?

dear Liz, my Sister in Patchouli Love! I'd be interested in buying or swapping for this; let's talk! My email is in my profile. I'll update my swap page here in a bit so you can take a look.

dear Liz, my Sister in Patchouli Love! I'd be interested in buying or swapping for this; let's talk! My email is in my profile. I'll update my swap page here in a bit so you can take a look.

:) coolness !

I am sorry that you were disappointed with how it came out. I was thinking of how amber and patchouli are really good together. Maybe there will be a future fragrance or private edition with these two and something else, perhaps fig, vanilla, or dragon's blood. I've been thinking of a private edition for while, I just can't make up my mind.

thanks, but it's not your fault, initially it was fine (on my wrist), the next day, on my way to a funeral, it went wacko on me, had to do a quickie shower (AND I was late !) I have both Sug'd Amber and Sug's Patchouli and have often worn them together, so when I saw the PE I figured it was perfect, but now I'm afraid to try LP Passion/Desire, for fear it'll do likewise, checkin out the sample first, hope it doesn't sellout

My initial impression...although this smells much like I thought it would in the bottle - a co-mingling of sugared amber and patchouli - there's an almost smoky, incense-like quality to how it wears on my skin. I could see Q wearing this, or at least I want to try it on him. But I might have a different impression in a few days.

Hi Liz, Just wanted to let you I received your package today! The other samples you included look enticing, thank you!

Hugs,

Carrie

Sugared Amber Patch surprised me somewhat, knowing what Sugared Patchouli is like I thought it would have more of that patch edge to it.

There's an awkward few minutes o until it settles (I think I know what you mean, Liz), then it's a rich dusty amber - not very spicy - and a soft patchouli. It has more muted feel to it than I expected and I think I might try layering it something spicier, like a ginger, and maybe some vanilla.

Hi Liz, Just wanted to let you I received your package today! The other samples you included look enticing, thank you!

Hugs,

Carrie

The sample w/smudged label (The Shadowy Shawl) I love ! I have a full btl of that one.

• 3 months later...

So I got a little sniffie of this with my last order, and the sniffie is WAY more patchouli than the bottle! In fact I ended up swapping off the bottle because it just didn't ring my patchouli chimes as I'd hoped ... but this sniffie sure does. There wouldn't have been a re-mix of a PE, would there? This stuff is fabulous but I dunno why the bottle wasn't the same ...

So I got a little sniffie of this with my last order, and the sniffie is WAY more patchouli than the bottle! In fact I ended up swapping off the bottle because it just didn't ring my patchouli chimes as I'd hoped ... but this sniffie sure does. There wouldn't have been a re-mix of a PE, would there? This stuff is fabulous but I dunno why the bottle wasn't the same ...

Nope, there was only brew of this one, they would have been exactly the same - everything is mixed in the master bottle and decanted from same. Perhaps the difference lies in the aging...an older brew has months for the ingredients to meld in the bottle. The other thing is, did you smell it more than once? You know our sense of smell can change, even within the span of one day, depending on your cycle, what you've been eating (ie., eating garlic or onions dulls your sense of smell), and also how many perfumes you have sniffing in one session. After just a 2 or 3, you really aren't smelling the true scent anymore. You need to give your nose like a 2 hour rest between sniffy sessions.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is really lovely. The patchouli is soft and sweet, the amber warm and powdery (in a good way).

It doesn't have a lot of throw on me - definitely more of a personal scent - but I am loving the soft cloud of golden warmth I get every time I catch a whiff of it.

• 1 year later...

Wet this was ALL PATCH, very incense shop. Once dry, it reminded me a ton of compromising positions - closer, and not as strong or French vanilla ice creamy fatty, but otherwise very similar. You comp positions fans who've wanted a nonphero version, here you go (and it's in the sale)!

Edited by tyvey

Yeah I have to agree with that but for me it's more like Dirty Old Man, actually. This used to be so smoky on me but now that it's aged several years it's definitely become sweeter and it's finally what I always thought it would be!

This is actually quite nice in the bottle - very sweet and a bit musky, a nice skin scent. But after a while on my skin the sugar disappears and it is just the ugly side of amber. Now I remember why I don't like amber - it just drowns out everything else on me.

It's like a well balanced mix of sugared amber and sugared patchouli. As I prefer Amber over Patchouli, I'm happy that the Amber smells stronger than the Patchouli. I'd like to gt it a bit more sweeter. I think I'll layer it with Pure Sugar. Will try it tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

I love this one and keep forgetting to wear it and review it. I purchased this during the sale and had it enhanced with EOW, this has the perfect cover for cops as I'm having difficulty wear cops as I can smell it and I get the "Oh what smells" when I do...

This one is so good is such a good balance and I love how the EOW does not over power this one. You get the sweet amber followed by the sugar then a hint of the patchouli. Its such a good blend and I'm thrilled that I got it enhanced

Maybe give it some time to recover from travel shock before you trade it away? I've learned to do that with all scents...if they don't seem to work at all I let them sit in a dark cool place for at least a week before shaking vigourously and trying again.

Perhaps the difference lies in the aging...an older brew has months for the ingredients to meld in the bottle.

I know this is waaaaay too late to help the original conversation but I find this is very true with any kind of new brew. Although usually I am dealing with home-brew pheromone mixes. After I mix them I just let them sit for at least one week. Basic science says that all the molecules should spread out and mix evenly very quickly but practically I have found you get the best results letting it sit for at least a week. And after a month you often have magic.

I do not know why this is. Perhaps it is due to the oil or alcohol carrier, or perhaps do to the nature of the molecules themselves. All I can say is that I and otheter have found it to be very true.

The other thing is, did you smell it more than once? You know our sense of smell can change, even within the span of one day, depending on your cycle, what you've been eating (ie., eating garlic or onions dulls your sense of smell), and also how many perfumes you have sniffing in one session. After just a 2 or 3, you really aren't smelling the true scent anymore. You need to give your nose like a 2 hour rest between sniffy sessions.

I cannot give you any personal advice on the cycle thing but i know several of the ladies have said just this.

And I too will go through and give several samples a sniff in quick succession but between the fact the scnets will run together plus the fact that they often smell different on your skin and often evolve on your skin after time, I always give a given sample several solo test runs before I make a decision. Because even though guys do not cycle like women I have found I do lke certain scents at certain times and then maybe not so much at others.

Edited by quietguy

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Not being a big patchouli fan (except, I think white patchouli which LP introduced me to, or if not white than something different than the norm) I was unsure how I would like this.

Two thoughts: as a kid I would play with myrrh and frankincense that my mom kept in a cupboard, just small amounts that she'd brought back from, I believe, Jerusalem. This reminds me of one of those. During Christmas, for Christmas mass, the priest would swing the incense around in the thurible, and the Church would be filled with a slightly smokey sweetness. Despite this being a very simplistic scent list of amber, patchouli, and white sugar, and being pretty sure that my Church used amber or patchouli, I find this kind of nice. Tyvey, in one of her reviews talking about how it morphs for her called this "chewy" and that's a pretty apt adjective. It's warm, smokey, a little bit woody and God love me despite being a lapsed Catholic--but I'm already fond of this little patch stinker. And I say stinker with affection-- it's got what I think of as a mid-range throw (that I can tell) of about 12-18 inches but I'll have to experiment with it more. This might enter the rotation not just as a day scent, but more so as a just before bed scent for when I don't want the clean cool up-town feel of Karmiel's Silken Moonlight.