A little background on me; I suffer from several mental disorders, including major depressive disorder. To me, this is no more of an issue than if I were to say "I am allergic to shellfish". It's just a medical condition that I live with, so I don't mind talking about it. Also, I am not a perfume slatherer. I'm pretty scent sensitive, so I generally only dab on just enough perfume for me to smell it occasionally, or for someone else to smell it if they are close enough to give me a hug.

Anyways! In my last order I recieved a bottle of LAM (vanilla and honey), and I adore the scent. I've noticed, though, that when I've been wearing it I've been feeling pretty down, and I've had spikes of depression darken my mind. I don't know if this is a me thing, or if it's a reaction to the pheromones (mental disorders have an awful habit of making you question your own feelings and perceptions). I don't think it's an OD reaction, because I really don't wear very much at a time.

Has anyone else noticed that LAM gives then the sads?

If it is the a-nol that's really interesting from a clinical standpoint because it's supposed to be a mood elevator. But I could see that it might have a reaction with a specific mood disorder. If I use too much it's like a caffeine OD but otherwise nothing particularly negative.

Has anyone else noticed that LAM gives then the sads?

I can only answer to this and it would be a definite no...the only negative I have ever had with a-nol is a headache once with too much.

I do not know how,or if,this could conflict with any medications you might be taking :Hug_emoticon:

Celrynna, I have Major Depressive Order too. I haven't noticed any bummer-effect from LAM, (and I douse myself in it because I can't get enough of the Pink Sugar scent!). I have, however, noticed some day-after effects from using Lace, and Cuddle Bunny, (so I'm assuming it's the Est). It's feels almost like a hangover, (like I've had too much red wine or something), but without the woozy nausea of a hangover. I just feel bummed. Mind you, it hasn't happened every time, and it tends not to last long - say, five hours or so.

I feel for you though. I've had a number of depressive episodes since I was 12, and when I feel sad, I begin to panic that the sadness won't go away. I've been very lucky lately in that I haven't been bothered by any episodes. I hope it's the same for you.

Other than to Cuddle Bunny and Lace, I haven't noticed any other sad or disturbed responses to any other blends.

Good luck to you! :)

I don't really notice an upswing in mood, so I don't think it's a crash that I'm experiencing. I've had no problems with EoW, or BAM in Dolce Far Niente, which is why it stood out as odd. It could just be that I've happened to wear it on days where my mood is particularly down for unrelated reasons. I do get paradoxical reactions to some medications (codiene tends to make me hyperactive, not sleepy, for example), but I'm pretty sure that this isn't what's going on with me and the pheromones. Hormones and medications work differently on the body, after all :P Who knows? Maybe it's just been bad luck so far.

That's so weird about the codeine. It makes me hyper-active too. Well, not hyper-active so much as hyper-awake.

I hope it's just bad luck - this has been a really fun blend for me. I want others to love it, too!

Well, yes. It's thoroughly well-known that sometimes people who are hyper or depressive can have OPPOSITE reactions than the ones expected to uppers or downers. All I can add to this is to say, that if you are experiencing unwanted side effects, DON'T WEAR IT!! Swap it, sell it, give it away, return it, whatever. Do NOT put yourself through unwanted effects! It's not worth it! Be happy, be healthy, Sweetheart!!!

That's so weird about the codeine. It makes me hyper-active too. Well, not hyper-active so much as hyper-awake.

I hope it's just bad luck - this has been a really fun blend for me. I want others to love it, too!

Is codeine similar to vicadin or percocet? Once in a while I have to take a couple of those for cramps or migraine, but while they get rid of the pain I am wide awake, Everyone else I talk to who has taken these us uber drowsy. Why is that?

Personal chemistry.

I can't deal with caffiene because I am so hyper sensitive to it. One glass of iced tea per day is all I can handle, and one cup of coffee every decade...no kidding. I usually have to go lie down after I have a few sips of coffee..it makes me tired and nauseous.

Well, yes. It's thoroughly well-known that sometimes people who are hyper or depressive can have OPPOSITE reactions than the ones expected to uppers or downers. All I can add to this is to say, that if you are experiencing unwanted side effects, DON'T WEAR IT!! Swap it, sell it, give it away, return it, whatever. Do NOT put yourself through unwanted effects! It's not worth it! Be happy, be healthy, Sweetheart!!!

This exactly! Get the LAM with no pheros if you like the scent......don't put yourself through the side effects!

I get opposite effects from some meds too as well as the most rare of side effects. But I haven't had it happen with pheros thank heavens. Compazine makes me go crazy...like get up out of hospital bed, try to rip IV out of my arm, flail around like The Hulk, fall to floor yelling at myself for even coming to hospital crazy.

I get opposite effects from some meds too as well as the most rare of side effects. But I haven't had it happen with pheros thank heavens. Compazine makes me go crazy...like get up out of hospital bed, try to rip IV out of my arm, flail around like The Hulk, fall to floor yelling at myself for even coming to hospital crazy.

Demerol did that to me when I was 4 years old and having my appendix out. It made me hallucinate and trip out.

They don't give it to me anymore.

The upside is that whenever someone would normally give me Demerol, they give me Morphine instead. :lol: That's some fun stuff.

Personal chemistry.

I can't deal with caffiene because I am so hyper sensitive to it. One glass of iced tea per day is all I can handle, and one cup of coffee every decade...no kidding. I usually have to go lie down after I have a few sips of coffee..it makes me tired and nauseous.

I actually bleed coffee I drink so much. I'm an addict.

I'm with MDC here, I think. I'm a coffee addict, and I'm quickly becoming addicted to LAM. Is it Luna who calls it her "happy sauce"? 'Cause it's quickly becoming that for me, too. I love the stuff. Makes me feel happy and sexy and sassy. Makes me feel like I did when I was in my early twenties, and not really thinking too deeply about the future. Carefree.

I think I had a similar 'sad' reaction to Sexology. I still have to re-test it, but the one time I wore it, I felt edgy - anxious, like I was "waiting for the other shoe to drop", but what shoe? I think it was the b-nol? I have a mild anxiety disorder, (common for this to go along with depression), and I keep wondering if that's why it affected me the way it did. Now I'm afraid to try it again. I will, one day. When I get my nerve up.

Yeah try it again just in case it was the day and not the phero.

I'll never forget the day I wore Allumette for a day out and had a horrible horrible cranky time. So much so that I gave the rest of the sample to my mother because I blamed the phero...later I realized I hadn't eaten all day and I was just friggin' hungry! LoL! I don't know....no matter how old I get still forget to eat and wonder why I don't feel good. When will I figure this one out?

@ MDC, I will try it again. I've just got to find a backbone first! Lol!

I often forget to eat too, though you'd never guess it to look at me. I work split shifts most days, (10 am till 2:30 or 3, then back to work from 4:30 until about 10:30, and during my break, I'm so concerned with getting a little rest and some 'me' time, that food doesn't even register. And then I can't figure out why all my customers seem super-obnoxious.

@ Luna, I love this stuff so much that I have to make myself use the 'Happy Sauce' like an actual condiment, otherwise I'd bathe in it.

I have anxiety disorder and the concomitant depressive tendencies. I do find that after, say, being at a convention all weekend with pheros on, I will crash after. But that's as much from being going constantly as the pheros, I think. I DO notice that the LPMP pheros do NOT do that to me nearly as much as those of another company who shall remain nameless. In general, I don't think I've gotten any opposite effects (though it's certainly possible), sometimes a blend just doesn't work for me.

As for narcotics:

Codeine sends me on a freaked out, screaming bad trip.

Hydrocodone (Vicodin) knocks me out and makes me stop breathing. (This is, obviously, not good.)

Morphine, I am told, I am allergic to, because it feels like lava going in, and after 24 hrs I start throwing up (which is really bad when they've slit your belly open)

Oxycodone does ok but I get horrible side effects like nausea and extreme vertigo.

I CAN take demerol. Thank God.

Edited by AlienChangeling

Hmm, I did go through a period of a-nol just giving me headaches, but that ceased when I cut down on alcohol consumption.

Codeine makes me itchy & hyper (I'm allergic). Speed makes me quiet & focused. THC makes me freaked & jittery (again I'm allergic).

Its so weird how different things affect different people.

I am a total caffeine addict. Codeine is ok for a day or two, but then it starts feeling like my skin is sunburned.....really odd sensation. Hydrocodone makes me loopy, as in incoherent, going off on a random tangent loopy.

No problems with pheros that I have noted.....

Celrynnya, sweetheart I am so sorry to hear that sometimes you are down and I understand that being a sad little lamb, poor love, can be hard.

I know that you accept it but I wondered whether a few things might help you during those times? Have you tried guided meditations, relaxation exercises, affirmation exercises, EFT or thought exercises?

I can recommend a very good book by R. Byrne called Secret: the Power which gives some useful exercises and great information. The exercises can help if one does them daily. I would really like to share a conversation, chat or some emails with you.

I had some times in my life when all was not as I wished it to be and found psychologists much as they tried could not much help me but I found many other beautiful things that did. These things opened my eyes to a new world which I sailed through to (it sounds corny but its true) a different and beautiful existance full of love, light and magnificent things.

I don't want to intrude but if you ever want to exchange emails or have a chat, please ask Mara for my email address.

Much love to you sweet and beautiful, brave lady. :020105~21:

I am a total caffeine addict. Codeine is ok for a day or two, but then it starts feeling like my skin is sunburned.....really odd sensation. Hydrocodone makes me loopy, as in incoherent, going off on a random tangent loopy.

No problems with pheros that I have noted.....

I get itchy on that too. if it's an allergic reaction then what shall I ask for in terms of pain meds next time?

Hi Celrynnya! I'm sorry that you experience the things that you do : ( I have been diagnosed with a few disorders myself and have shared similar experiences so if you ever want to email me it's in my profile. I know everyone is so kind here on the forum and have such big hearts so maybe one day I'll share it ALL but for now if you ever want to chat on email privately please feel free.

Edit: When I say similar experiences I mean both depression/anxiety and a few other things and also the phero issues (sometimes) that you were talking about. <3

Edited by Honeybee

Me too, me too. I have a zillion things wrong with me. Mara mentioned you are on facebook, so I am if you ever want to hook up that way. I run a support group so I am pretty good at listening if you ever want to talk. Same offer to you too Honeybee. ((hugs))

What Mara said.

Addicted to caffeine.

Codeine = bad.

Me too, me too. I have a zillion things wrong with me. Mara mentioned you are on facebook, so I am if you ever want to hook up that way. I run a support group so I am pretty good at listening if you ever want to talk. Same offer to you too Honeybee. ((hugs))

Thank you Halo, that is so awesome that you run a support group and I really appreciate the offer. I will keep it in mind : ) Big hugs back!!! <3

• 5 months later...

I'm having the sadness reaction to LAM also. I have ADHD and type 2 Bipolar. Yup, I'm a mess :)

I'm thinking Alpha-Androstenol is bad for me (I'm wearing cops today and feel fine). What else is high in A-nol? And have any of you figured out things that do work for lifting moods?

I've worn SS4W and been ok, same for LACE. And I love Sexpionage. I've worn Cuddle Bunny, but I can't remember if it made me sad, I need to retest. Oh, and Teddy BB was a no go for me.

I'm having the sadness reaction to LAM also. I have ADHD and type 2 Bipolar. Yup, I'm a mess :)

I'm thinking Alpha-Androstenol is bad for me (I'm wearing cops today and feel fine). What else is high in A-nol? And have any of you figured out things that do work for lifting moods?

I've worn SS4W and been ok, same for LACE. And I love Sexpionage. I've worn Cuddle Bunny, but I can't remember if it made me sad, I need to retest. Oh, and Teddy BB was a no go for me.

I have the exact same two things. If you ever want to chat you can ask Mara for my email. That said I do not have that reaction to anol. In fact anol on it's own dosen't affect me much at all anymore. In a good social though it's magic. I got into pheros for self effects because of my neurological issues. So I understand completely what you are trying to do. My best advice is until you know pheros really well don't test them unless you are at your baseline mood. Sometimes sad is just sad and it's good to be able to tell the difference.

I have the exact same two things. If you ever want to chat you can ask Mara for my email. That said I do not have that reaction to anol. In fact anol on it's own dosen't affect me much at all anymore. In a good social though it's magic. I got into pheros for self effects because of my neurological issues. So I understand completely what you are trying to do. My best advice is until you know pheros really well don't test them unless you are at your baseline mood. Sometimes sad is just sad and it's good to be able to tell the difference.

Great advice! Thank you! Your right, my moods change so much in a day, I need to really pay attention before applying. I'm going to start a notebook to keep track of EVERYTHING, it's the only way I will learn what does and doesn't work for me.