Irish Rose

Beccah

AD-IrishRose_1.jpg

Irish Rose

Our tribute to that most beautiful of lands is a fruity floral which embodies the best characteristics of Ireland and its people: traditional sophistication enlivened by an upbeat youthful aura, as timeless as the charms of that famed isle. A blossoming heart of sweetheart rose, tea rose, and wild rose entwined with tangy linden blossom (a plant native to Ireland), with bright citrus accents of lime and sweet kumquat, layered upon a sturdy base of musk, oak and cedar and lightly sweetened with just a sprinkle of white sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ROSES ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

LINDEN BLOSSOM ~ Strong protective force, attracts love, immortality, luck, restful properties.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
KUMQUAT ~ Prosperity and good fortune.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

I think this will be REALLY unique. Not at all what I expected just looking at the label. I think this could be a real win but will wait for my sample to decide...

I will wait for a sample as well. Rose can be pretty or pee....It sounds like the other notes will make this a nice rounded rose scent but I need to smell it on my skin first. I thought Tickle Tickle was the perfect sounding scent until I put it on. The camphor in that one was too much and then something as simple as La Sylphide with its 4 notes was so beautiful. Just never know till it hits the skin.

Nu Trix, you were right -- this is very unique, not your typical "rose" scent at all. It started off as a soapy rose, which was nice but very unexpected. It's starting to settle down a bit now, but I just can't seem to be able to define this one!

It's an overall perfume-y scent, but in a very nice way. Very spring, as opposed to summer. Like walking through a meadow that's just starting to thaw after a long winter, with little green sprigs starting to break through the last half-inch patch of snow still on the ground. It smells very much like the promise of spring to me, as opposed to spring itself.

But maybe that's just an overly romantic notion brought on by sniffing this lovely scent.

Nu Trix, you were right -- this is very unique, not your typical "rose" scent at all. It started off as a soapy rose, which was nice but very unexpected. It's starting to settle down a bit now, but I just can't seem to be able to define this one!

It's an overall perfume-y scent, but in a very nice way. Very spring, as opposed to summer. Like walking through a meadow that's just starting to thaw after a long winter, with little green sprigs starting to break through the last half-inch patch of snow still on the ground. It smells very much like the promise of spring to me, as opposed to spring itself.

But maybe that's just an overly romantic notion brought on by sniffing this lovely scent.

What an multi-sensory review! Does the citrus play nicely, then?

Oooo - "a promise of spring" scent. Very interesting. So excited that samples are arriving! - bring on the reviews!

Does the citrus play nicely, then?

The citrus is almost a backdrop, I don't really notice it much. It adds a roundness and a dash of brightness but after a while it definitely moves into the background. My skin does not amp citrus, so it's behaving well for me.

I actually ended up slathering this one on hoping to get a more intense burst of scent from it. It stayed really really sheer. The roses and tea roses are lovely and light. Not piercing or sharp at all. The lime and kumquat are juicy and bright. The linden blossom is what really makes it for me and makes it almost delicious. It's floral but I almost want to eat it. I am really hoping after a few days that it gets stronger and that my vials have some type of travel shock because I really love this and would buy bottles of it, but I am afraid it's just too light for me. I like my LPs to have a certain level of potency and this does not have it.

I tried this one again today. I reapplied two times and then remembered I have D5. I put a lot of D5 on and then a lot of Irish Rose. No go. It still faded very quickly. So, I am sad. I really love it before it vanishes. It reminds me a bit of Candytuft Tea also.

I really like this one!!!! First on,i get a bright burst of fruitiness. Usually, with that intensity, it burns off quickly, but this lingered for a good hour. Then the musk comes out. It's my favorite musk, just slightly skin like, like pressing your nose in baby's hair. I think it's the cedar helping keep the scent clean. It wasn't until later that I got some floral, but it isn't even identifiable as rose on my skin, just a pleasant, sweet floral. It's youthful but not girlish. I will love it for the spring. It wears very light, but it also lasts on me and withstood a good washing to leave me with a nice musk.

I like how this started out for about ten seconds but then, yeah, pointy and perfume-y and kinda soapy too. :( I think the musk may be the culprit, it's just too heavy in the wrong way for me.

• 4 weeks later...

This is rose forward but there's also this clean type of scent/feel to it as well - like those fancy cut out rose shaped soaps that I've seen sometimes in the department or Linens~n~Things kind of stores. Not the same clean type vibe as Defrosted. It's just kind of behind the rose to my nose. It's really pretty, but not for me. I seem to just not be a "clean scents" kind of girl :( I wanted to love SC and X Appeal and CB, and I think they're all lovely, but I guess I'm just opposite because most of my likes that I go for are either toward sticky, gooey, sweet goodies or earthy, resin, chewy type scents.

This vial fell and broke all over my floor, but I didn't realize that it until I started smelling something rosy clean, and green, coming from my table.. I was like why is there a garden blooming on the table... It was Irish Rose! I really loved how it smelled on my massive wood table.. it smelled like a fresh spring shower with roses blooming.. and that is what it smelled like during breakfast.. : ( I have no idea what is smells like on my skin but at least my table smells good!

• 4 months later...

The wild and tea roses in Irish Rose is heavenly, not too strong or pointy, slightly sweet on me. Having the fruits included was a very nice fruity addition when wet. I was hoping for more citrus, but will try again to see if it's just my chemistry today. Once this has been on my skin the sweetness of the sugar and musk blend very well with the floral rose and the oak gives it a nice grounding quality and helped the rose not amp on me. The fragrance floats with just a few drops, on me it would go crazy if I slathered.

(As a total aside/tangent, I love love love rose scents, reminds me of my grandmother's house, though her house smelled like cigs and roses, but it was the 70's! Nana was glamorous with long nails, platinum blonde hair and smoked like a chimney. Her name was a rose name of Estelle, had sisters also named after roses (Reba and Eleanor) and their mom's name was Rose - my middle name. I discovered all of this when looking at rose varieties names in a catalog for my garden, an interesting family discovery.)

• 7 months later...

This smells like roses and greenery to me. I was surprised to come here and see that it has lime in it, as I didn't get that, although I do remember earlier that it did cross my mind, which is weird. I have no idea what linden blossom is or what it smells like...but I have noticed that I've seen it somewhere listed as a note like "linden/lime," so are they related?

Well at any rate, I love roses and I love "green" scents, so I love this. Very pretty!

I judge all rose scents by an air freshener my mom had when I was little. It was some kind of rose-scented powder in a little jar. It was lovely. I don't know why I added this but there you go, lol.

• 2 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

This is a nice, floral scent, but, I don't know what's wrong with my skin, because when I apply it, it becomes soapy :(

• 1 month later...

Roses can sometimes run sharp on me. Not this time. Irish Rose comes off cool and refreshing, like when you've opened the rose cooler at a florist. You get the scent of chilled roses ahead of you, whilst the freshly clipped greens and fillers are behind the counter with the arrangers. I do not get any cedar, or if there is, the scent is so faint that it only adds to the freshness. The mush is very light, very soft. Thete's a sweetness here as well, not overly sweet, a "just right" sweetness. It reminds me of the first warmth of the day after a good rain shower, when the roses have just been touched by the sun. Again, clean, fresh, a blush rose.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am not a big fan of rose fragrances. Out of about 120 bottles, I have like only four fragrances with rose in them. But, this one is the best! It’s a sassy rose! Clean, fresh, fruity, tangy, but still rose. Out of the bottle, I get rose most of the time, but occasional fruity tanginess also appears; my nose can only identify lime since I don’t really know what a kumquat smells like. Upon application, it is a non-lemon citrusy rose. I think the linden blossom must be contributing to the citrusy floral tone, not knowing exactly what linden blossom smells like on its own either. It then dries down into something just perfumey and I actually do get the cedar in the end. I had gotten a sniffee of this and remembered it being special, so I bought one in the sale. I would have passed it by if not for the citrusy, fruity notes.

• 3 weeks later...

Roses can sometimes run sharp on me. Not this time. Irish Rose comes off cool and refreshing, like when you've opened the rose cooler at a florist. You get the scent of chilled roses ahead of you, whilst the freshly clipped greens and fillers are behind the counter with the arrangers. I do not get any cedar, or if there is, the scent is so faint that it only adds to the freshness. The mush is very light, very soft. Thete's a sweetness here as well, not overly sweet, a "just right" sweetness. It reminds me of the first warmth of the day after a good rain shower, when the roses have just been touched by the sun. Again, clean, fresh, a blush rose.

Your review has influenced me to try a vial. I want to experience exactly this ^ Maybe I'll finally have found a rose scent that works for me :)

• 3 months later...

This... is new to me. Apparently, I love roses! Irish Rose may be the perfume to change my entire outlook on rose scents from now on. I feel like I tapped into some sort of divinity.

Like the rest of fragrances I fall in love with at first whiff, I know this is going to be a full bottle. I was surprised I couldn't get enough just even from a dab on my thumb, as I usually have to give myself a few runs to actually like a floral note. They're really heady for me, used to anyway.

Linden Blossom smells sunny, dewy, and sweet, and Lime is perfectly background =D Kumquat is very interesting! I just looked up a YouTube video of the fruit, never had it before. It's a fantastic unique citrus note!

Quite a range Irish Rose is, smells exactly how Wendylynne described, green stems and everything. I can even pick out the white sugar coming across as those flower food packets :^^: I think Cedar is what provides the fresh floral cooler experience with some grounding added from Oak, as if I was simultaneously also outdoors on a still, sunny day.

Successful rose fragrance for me :thumbup:

Edited by Ivysaur