Est sensitive men

CerisLou

I have come to the conclusion that I have an Est sensitive man. I had been putting it down to us just having a relationship that has ups and downs but the more I think about it the more I realise that many of our downs (not that there are that many and they're just minor things really not true downs) seem to coincide with me wearing a blend that contains Est, The ones I can think of off the top of my head are, Cuddle Bunny, Super Sexy, and Lace.

However we an amazing connection when I wear Perfect Match with a few drops of Sheer essence, so this is now my go-to mix.

My SO is a pretty pragmatic kind of guy and believes in self responsibility and hates it when people are apathetic or needy. Which makes me think the Est in these blends gives off a chemical signal to him that I need looking after which gets his back up and irritates him. But in Perfect Match this signal isn't there so, ironically, he is very attentive and affectionate.

But at work it's a different matter and the Est blends seems to work very well. I am wondering if at work it is best if my slightly dominant nature is curtailed/tempered/softened (?) a little whereas with my SO it is best if it is left in tact so to speak.

It sounds like you have figured it out! The EST seems to soften you at work but your guy is attracted to that strong alpha female vibe.

My man is the same way......so I definitely forego Est heavy blends around him. He really loves my alpha nature, and the Est heavy blends tend to soften it too much.

My guy doesn't really respond to it at all. He wasn't particularly nurturing when I was pregnant either so that fits. He does prefer me when I'm the most strong and independent.

Yeah, and I tend to think that with my man, not only does he get off on strong women......I think he has bad memories that surface when he starts getting a snuffle full of Est......

When his wife was pregnant, she was even more of a bitch than normal (if that is even possible), and when the first child was almost 7, he had told her he wanted a divorce.......she knew he was a stand-up kinda guy, who would take care of his kids at all costs.....so what does she do? At that point, they were only having sex like two or three times a year, and she PURPOSELY stopped taking her bc pill so she would get pregnant again......and then again 16 months later! She told him that she could never take care of THREE kids, all by herself, and guilted him into sticking around! He did have a vasectomy at that point though! He lasted until his youngest was 8 yrs old, but couldn't take it any longer......

My ex was the same way - he never liked it when I'd ask him to help me with something, but if he chose to help then it was okay. But on his part I attribute it to a general lack of empathy. Quince on the other hand lives to be chivalrous so EST is his catnip, lol.

My ex was the same way - he never liked it when I'd ask him to help me with something, but if he chose to help then it was okay. But on his part I attribute it to a general lack of empathy. Quince on the other hand lives to be chivalrous so EST is his catnip, lol.

Bingo!! Same here on the ex but I'm still looking out for Mr Chivalrous. I don't want a man because I'm a weak little thing, I'm the opposite. I find most men who are chivalrous tend to be strong in character and perseverance. But, that's not a firm rule of thumb.

The ex always reacted very negatively to Est (he was also a jerk dialed up to 11 when I was pregnant). So for me, Est is a good litmus test on suitability. Have you tried Sexpionage with him yet? That one is fun!

My ex was a big PUSSY he dripped EST. Momma's boy.

That's probably what my ex's problem is, hahaha. He even got a girlfriend that looks old enough to be his mom (she's not, but she looks like it).

My ex had an extremely contentious relationship with his mother (which should have been a red flag for stupid me), and I think his issues with his parents probably formed the basis of that lack of empathy he has.

My man is chivalrous, but he still likes alpha women.....go figure!

My ex had an extremely contentious relationship with his mother (which should have been a red flag for stupid me), and I think his issues with his parents probably formed the basis of that lack of empathy he has.

Yes. I agree that's a red flag. I know everyone has some sort of family issues to various degrees, which is normal. But there are those guys with big issues, they can even conceal them for a time, or years, but they will come out eventually. I can really identify with that "parents forming the basis for a lack of empathy" and trust issues to boot. ah well live and learn.

Interesting read. Mrs. QG has a strong personality and I know I like stronger women. I also know I am a strong EST responder - I always try to be polite but I get all chivalrous especially around pregnant ladies.

Edited by quietguy

Interesting read. Mrs. QG has a strong personality and I know I like stronger women. I also know I am a strong EST responder - I always try to be polite but I get all chivalrous especially around pregnant ladies.

Intresting. My ex was a dick when I was pregnant. He'd like independent women only in as much as they could take care of themselves so he didn't have to offer much of himself. But stand up to him moderately or forcefully and he is not strong enough to handle it. He gets very resentful and petulant. No matter if he was completely in the wrong. So there's the difference right there.

He also has a very fragile ego with very narcissistic tendencies.

Edited by StacyK

Intresting. My ex was a dick when I was pregnant. He'd like independent women only in as much as they could take care of themselves so he didn't have to offer much of himself. But stand up to him moderately or forcefully and he is not strong enough to handle it. He gets very resentful and petulant. No matter if he was completely in the wrong. So there's the difference right there.

He also has a very fragile ego with very narcissistic tendencies.

My ex has similar personality traits.

ETA: Interestingly enough, he always got good self effects from Est. I know this because of trials with products from two different companies, here & Erox (the makers of Realm). Initially, Heart & Soul had been mistakenly labeled as unisex on the site & I had ordered a bottle of LP #9 boosted with it, we both used to use it. Before I found LP I use to get my pheromones from bottles of Realm I'd pick up at Marshall's. Erox' philosophy was that consumers would get better results from self effects with their products, so they used Est in their men's cologne & A1 in the women's.

Edited by Beccah

My ex has similar personality traits.

ETA: Interestingly enough, he always got good self effects from Est. I know this because of trials with products from two different companies, here & Erox (the makers of Realm). Initially, Heart & Soul had been mistakenly labeled as unisex on the site & I had ordered a bottle of LP #9 boosted with it, we both used to use it. Before I found LP I use to get my pheromones from bottles of Realm I'd pick up at Marshall's. Erox' philosophy was that consumers would get better results from self effects with their products, so they used Est in their men's cologne & A1 in the women's.

That's an interesting interpretation... I've smelled the women's Erox :P

I can't say about EST around my ex because I hadn't discovered this site until after I split up. He was NOT AT ALL an alpha male type but he was definitely a huge dick when I was pregnant. When I was in labour, he refused to go to the drug store and pick up the mild medication my midwife recommended. He said he was tired and he wanted to sleep for a few more hours and he would get it in the morning if I still needed it. :smiley-angry016:

Do women produce EST when they're breastfeeding as well? Because he really hated that I was breastfeeding and was always trying to find reasons why I should stop.

He sounds like a piece of work. My guy was not the greatest while I was pregnant. Not mean or horrible but he just didn't fawn over me. But he was incredibly supportive and thankful towards me for the extended breastfeeding I did with both of our girls.

Wow, so many reactions. My guy tends to overwork and multitask which is hard with his ADD and sometimes I get put on the back burner like something he will get around to once he has gotten through everything else. It can be very hurtful and I have learned (mostly) that this is just who he is. It's sad to say, but what always seems to get him to put me at the top of his list of priorities is me being sick! When I am not well, he will fall over me and dote on me. Naturally, I do NOT want to have something wrong with me in order to get some special attention. THIS is where the EST comes in. And as I said, it does seem to help me in my dealings with any doctors. I think I come across as intimidating to some people, which is really kinda funny to me since I in no way, see myself that way. Here is an example. My partner and I were in the waiting room for our check in visit with the primary care doc. This elderly man came out of the doctors office, and I just gave him a smile and nod as if to say "hi." The man went all wide eyed, blessed himself by making the sign of the cross over himself, and rushing out the door!!! I looked at my partner and asked, "Did that guy just make the sign of the cross over himself???" My partner said, "Looked that way." I was incredulous. I said, "But all I did was smile at him!" Seriously, you might have thought that he had just met Satan incarnate! INSANE! And THIS is why I need/love EST! I can't tell you how many people behave in a similar way around me.

My partner and I were in the waiting room for our check in visit with the primary care doc. This elderly man came out of the doctors office, and I just gave him a smile and nod as if to say "hi." The man went all wide eyed, blessed himself by making the sign of the cross over himself, and rushing out the door!!! I looked at my partner and asked, "Did that guy just make the sign of the cross over himself???" My partner said, "Looked that way." I was incredulous. I said, "But all I did was smile at him!" Seriously, you might have thought that he had just met Satan incarnate! INSANE! And THIS is why I need/love EST! I can't tell you how many people behave in a similar way around me.

Haha - maybe use your bangs to cover the devil horns! :D I get the same reaction to some women. I have found make jokes (about myself mostly) helps disarm that and gets people laughing but I am not in the mood to joke all the time.

My partner and I were in the waiting room for our check in visit with the primary care doc. This elderly man came out of the doctors office, and I just gave him a smile and nod as if to say "hi." The man went all wide eyed, blessed himself by making the sign of the cross over himself, and rushing out the door!!! I looked at my partner and asked, "Did that guy just make the sign of the cross over himself???" My partner said, "Looked that way." I was incredulous. I said, "But all I did was smile at him!" Seriously, you might have thought that he had just met Satan incarnate! INSANE!

Did you forget to take your zombie costume off before you left the house again? :)

Seriously, though, that is such a weird encounter that it probably didn't have anything to do with you. Maybe he was just there filling his prescription for anti-psychotic meds. Or maybe you're the spitting image of his long lost high school sweetheart who died in a tragic car accident as a result of his drunk driving. Or maybe... You know, I think I have a book plot getting started here.

LOLing QG and Equinox! I would happily joke around with people if they were not running away as if they were in flames. Equinox, go ahead and use me for inspiration for a book plot. Seriously, this has happened more than a few times to me. I do dress in black mostly, no pentagrams ( other than in ritual), but I do wear an Ankh, along with a couple of magickal pendants which are obscure looking and would mean nothing to them. I currently have long medium dark hair, but have gotten the same reaction when I had it bleached blonde. I admit it is funny, but at the same time it's pretty perplexing. I have stopped children from misbehaving in public by merely giving them "the look." LMAO! I did that once with two little boys in a restaurant and when I got up to leave, they both covered their eyes! Their mom said, "Ma'am, the boys bumped into your chair and would like to apologize." They wouldn't even look at me! Just kept their hands covering their eyes! My mom was living, and with me at the time. She thought is was hilarious. Ahhh.. memories. :smiley-signs136:

My partner and I were in the waiting room for our check in visit with the primary care doc. This elderly man came out of the doctors office, and I just gave him a smile and nod as if to say "hi." The man went all wide eyed, blessed himself by making the sign of the cross over himself, and rushing out the door!!! I looked at my partner and asked, "Did that guy just make the sign of the cross over himself???" My partner said, "Looked that way." I was incredulous. I said, "But all I did was smile at him!" Seriously, you might have thought that he had just met Satan incarnate! INSANE! And THIS is why I need/love EST! I can't tell you how many people behave in a similar way around me.

WOW! I can be a little alpha female and I have a knack for pumping out the 'fuck off vibes' when approached by the marketing/salespeople, clipboard brigade in shopping centers. In fact they start to head my way and then often turn right around and head towards somebody else. And I too can often give 'the look' to children and they stop their annoying behavior. But none of them have ever crossed themselves, well at least, not that I've ever noticed. :666:

I have stopped children from misbehaving in public by merely giving them "the look." LMAO! I did that once with two little boys in a restaurant and when I got up to leave, they both covered their eyes! Their mom said, "Ma'am, the boys bumped into your chair and would like to apologize." They wouldn't even look at me! Just kept their hands covering their eyes! My mom was living, and with me at the time. She thought is was hilarious. Ahhh.. memories. :smiley-signs136:

This is a gift. I clearly need to cultivate some of whatever vibe you are putting out. A) because then my daughter would actually, you know, listen to me, and B) then sales/marketing/Jehovah's Witness people would leave me alone (CerisLou can obviously teach me something there as well). For some reason I seem to have the opposite talent. I can be thinking "f*ck off, I hate you, go away" in my head but for some reason everyone assumes what I'm really thinking is "please tell me more."

CerisLou and Equinox, I wish I knew how this happens! The thing is, with the exception of the bratty children, I usually feel pretty friendly and unless really, seriously pushed, I am receptive to friendly interaction with nice people. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps these people are not as nice as they seem and the protective shield I surround myself with is keeping some negativity at bay? If that is the case, I suppose I should be grateful AND amused. ;)

• 1 month later...

Let me ask the experts: My guy reacts very well to Lace, Gotcha, and AJA (although that speeds things up. He reacts badly to Cuddle Bunny, populairty potion, and open windows.

He's a quiet and strong type - he like's that I am self reliant but also likes to take care of me. He get offended if I don't let him open the door for me :)

Now was it several times that he reacted badly to the last three? Because it could have been that he was just in a pissy mood the day you wore them...you know what I mean? I make sure to test out each Phero several times before I catagorize. Not saying you didn't!! Just making sure.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting topic. I dated someone who was a bad Est responder and coincidentally, a bit narcissistic. I had heard that Perfect Match was good to chase away commitment-phobes and have had some luck with it in that arena. It didn't chase away this one. Of course, narcissists want you to commit to them. However, after this last one, I'm thinking of using Est to weed out the self-centered ones as well. Hmmm ... new ways to use these fabulous tools! I love getting a little help with the filtering process! Thanks, Mara!

:smiley-signs136:

Now was it several times that he reacted badly to the last three? Because it could have been that he was just in a pissy mood the day you wore them...you know what I mean? I make sure to test out each Phero several times before I catagorize. Not saying you didn't!! Just making sure.

You know I didn't think of that!!! The popularity is hit and miss. the open windows and cuddle bunny were one and done. I will have to try again. with cuddle bunny he didn't want to touch me at all.......... which was so odd IMO oppsite of the intention.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...