Petals of Silk w/La Femme Noire

AD-PetalsofSilk_1.jpg

TUBEROSE ~ Dangerous pleasure. Excitement, sensuality.
BLACKBERRY ~ Fertility, healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.

• 2 weeks later...

I was really intrigued by this one, and it's not really what I expected it to be. Mara told me blackberry is a really pretty perfume-y kind of note, and that is totally true in this scent; it has a characteristic which is more floral than fruit, IMO. It goes through stages with me: first the tuberose, very lush but not overwhelming, then it progresses to more of a blackberry-sage blend, but then the tuberose comes back as a whisper to balance out all the notes. I think the sage might still be a little too potent for me but with aging that might change. But I think this is such an interesting idea - it's congruent for LFN because it has a definite feminine power vibe to it overall.

I don't normally go for florals, but I had to get at least a sample because this one looked too tempting with the blackberry note.

It went on soft and sweet and I love that blackberry juiciness that I hoped for.

This would be fantastic in spray!

I didn't find the sage very forward on me, mostly this is a sweet floral.

As most always, the blackberry faded to a soft under note and the tuberose was the star, at least with my chemistry :)

I'm glad I got the sample to try, this is to me a very spring scent, light and sweet and floral, like the spring blossoms it "feels" like sunlight and new life ^_^

This is an interesting combo, and it feels like it's fighting on my skin on who is going to get my attention. The tuberose is coming off as very white, and cold. while the blackberry is very tart, and kinda like sour patch kids. The sage is hanging out. I have to retest because I do not think these were meant to be fighting on my hand.

Well despite all these years of LP'ing my nose has learned NOTHING. I tried this blind last night before going to meet friends and what I kept picturing was a red-orange fruity floral syrup to pour into some vodka on ice or over french vanilla ice cream, and was looking forward to checking notes to see if I could create a recipe for it. Um I guess not!

During drydown it also vividly evoked translucent hard candy like a jolly rancher. Yes I say that about everything but I'm telling you it was a tooth achingly sweet red-orange candy.

I don't like tuberose or similar usually, but did not perceive them AT ALL - something about the combo of these notes completely altered it for me.

I didn't notice that this had LFN and was scratching my head all night at how my friends were carpet-swanning me and generally acting as though I had suddenly grown chainsaws for hands and was flailing about irresponsibly.

• 1 month later...

Petals of Silk is very blackberry forward on me. It's as if tuberose petals are dripping with syrupy blackberries. The sage is not pungent, just seems to add a touch of earthiness to this fragrance. During wear the scent becomes softer, with the blackberry being less outspoken. This is such a pretty perfume

I have been road testing this for the past 3 weeks. Can i just say that this one is one of my FAVORITES now. I had never worn LFN before. It works better for me than LFM. LFM tends to make me bitchy (can someone help me understand??). LFN makes me feel confident, and sexy and women seem to get along with me better while I'm wearing this. Yes, I'm more assertive but not in a bitchy way. My man loooooves this and responded oh so well, outside and inside the bedroom and it seems to have that infamous "fallout" effect. hmmmm

The scent is also AMAZEBALLS, I love florals so the tuberose really blooms on me. All the rose scents seem to work well with me. The Blackberry plays well with me too. I am ordering a FB of this next week! :Love09751:

I believe the only difference between the two is that LFN has cops; but it could be that the ratios are somewhat different as well, Mara would need to clarify.

If anything one would assume it would be the other way around. LFN has cops and also the male phero that makes people aggressive and can make women irritable at times. Otherwise, the blends are exactly the same.

If anything one would assume it would be the other way around. LFN has cops and also the male phero that makes people aggressive and can make women irritable at times. Otherwise, the blends are exactly the same.

Yes, exactly. I think i'm just e'none sensitive in general tho.

Also, ive only ever had "faint" hits with LFN. But with LFM, oh mama. Weirdness. ?

That's the interesting thing Mara. LFM flips my "bitch switch", but LFN...just great confidence and swagger. Go figure! :Emoticons04269:

FlowerPower, what is the fallout effect? I want to say I have heard someone mention it, but I did a search and couldn't find it in the same context.

IIRC, the fallout effect is that sometimes a pheromone/pheromone blend will be more effective after it was applied rather than within, say, a certain amount of time once applied. We normally expect hits/reactions within a particular timeframe, but sometimes you get hits long after application.

Thanks, luna! I put some of this on before bed last night just to test out the scent again. I do love it. I have never really tried LFN on a target, but I went back to the UN thread, and between the scent, the reviews and the potential to test this fallout theory, I may have to give it a go. I also got my order today with the Summer Collection so I should have a good time the next few weeks playing around!!

This fragrance overall is potent with good lasting power. However I'm not sure yet if tuberose is my kind of flower. The blackberry is more noticeable than I expected (not necessarily a problem). I have to put this one aside and try it again later.

FlowerPower, what is the fallout effect? I want to say I have heard someone mention it, but I did a search and couldn't find it in the same context.

Hi Tinkerbelle, I am just seeing this! From what I have read (and I'm not an expert) combined with my experience, it is when the person who is around you, remains in your cloud so to speak for days following exposure. They want to be around you, they want to experience those same feelings. It's a way of creating a lasting impression in their minds that they want to repeat. It's not permanent, but it does last far past exposure. You will know it when you experience it. :say66:

Edited by FlowerPower

Hi Tinkerbelle, I am just seeing this! From what I have read (and I'm not an expert) combined with my experience, it is when the person who is around you, remains in your cloud so to speak for days following exposure. They want to be around you, they want to experience those same feelings. It's a way of creating a lasting impression in their minds that they want to repeat. It's not permanent, but it does last far past exposure. You will know it when you experience it. :say66:

Thank you!!

So, I tried this yesterday when I was going to be around a bunch of friends/acquaintances. To the best of my knowledge, none of these people have ANY attraction for me. So I really just wanted to get a feel for it in a pretty safe place. I didn't notice TOO much that was blatantly obvious except for one guy, who is the QUIETEST thing I have ever met. He rarely talks to ANYONE. Even with his close friends, he mostly nods and just responds when necessary. Sweet as pie, but QUIET! He actually TALKED to me yesterday without my initiating the conversation, which I found quite interesting. He caught me off guard several times with a smile and conversation. I thought, that MUST be the LFN!!

The scent itself seems to die on my pretty quickly. A lot of them do, but I love it while it lasts. Any tips on making a scent last longer?? I did not wear A LOT of it...I was swiping out of the sample vial, but put swipes in a lot of places. ;) I am so scared of overdoing it with scents.

Well it sounds like a definite hit there! :D It really does seem like you need to use more. I don't use the dipper sticks when applying. I turn the vial over on my fingertip and draw stripes on my skin like that.

So, last night I tried a little more. I swiped with my finger like suggested, instead of the wand. I had a dab on each wrist, some swipes on my torso and cleavage. I knew I would see TG, but my exposure to him is often limited when we are in this group of people. He probably got within 2 feet of me maybe 2x and only in passing. BUT...I swear when we were seated (and he was quite a distance away....at least 20 feet), I kept catching him looking at me. Certainly he didn't get hit from that far away?? Could he possibly have gotten a good whiff in passing that quickly?

I have also been using PM around him for awhile, and last week I was wearing PM and BAM when I saw him and actually got to have a conversation with him. So maybe he was thinking about how THAT made him feel?

Anyway, just wondering if it was possible to get a hit from such limited exposure? I always try to phero up when I'll be near him, but I never know how much time I will get to be in close proximity. But if a few seconds of LFN made him eye me multiple times last night, I will DEFINITELY be using it again and try to get a little more time nearby.

PS....as for the scent, the more I wear it, the more I love it. I think I will be getting a full bottle, regardless, just because of that.

So, last night I tried a little more. I swiped with my finger like suggested, instead of the wand. I had a dab on each wrist, some swipes on my torso and cleavage. I knew I would see TG, but my exposure to him is often limited when we are in this group of people. He probably got within 2 feet of me maybe 2x and only in passing. BUT...I swear when we were seated (and he was quite a distance away....at least 20 feet), I kept catching him looking at me. Certainly he didn't get hit from that far away?? Could he possibly have gotten a good whiff in passing that quickly?

I have also been using PM around him for awhile, and last week I was wearing PM and BAM when I saw him and actually got to have a conversation with him. So maybe he was thinking about how THAT made him feel?

Anyway, just wondering if it was possible to get a hit from such limited exposure? I always try to phero up when I'll be near him, but I never know how much time I will get to be in close proximity. But if a few seconds of LFN made him eye me multiple times last night, I will DEFINITELY be using it again and try to get a little more time nearby.

PS....as for the scent, the more I wear it, the more I love it. I think I will be getting a full bottle, regardless, just because of that.

I agree with Halo. You can definitely make an impression while passing by someone with Pheros & LFM/N are, for me, pretty hard hitting. I've had a few hits in this manner with these.

Of course he may have already had you on his mind & the impression of the phero enhanced that. He might have noticed the same thing you did, "haven't seen her much tonight".

Either way it seems he noticed.

Keep doing what you're doing it sounds promising.

Edited by StacyK

I agree with Halo. You can definitely make an impression while passing by someone with Pheros & LFM/N are, for me, pretty hard hitting. I've had a few hits in this manner with these.

Of course he may have already had you on his mind & the impression of the phero enhanced that. He might have noticed the same thing you did, "haven't seen her much tonight".

Either way it seems he noticed.

Keep doing what you're doing it sounds promising.

I'm super excited to try it again. If a few seconds did THAT, then I cannot imagine what being in the wake of LFN for an extended time period must be like!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I had to report back. I wore this again yesterday and the "quiet" guy who got all talky last time was once again chatty...and smiley... and I even made him laugh at a rather inappropriate time and I was NOT trying to! He is WAY too young (daggum it) but it made for a fun time. I also got to wear it around TG again this past week and he sat near me during a presentation. We talked for awhile after, but we were in a businessy setting so IF it affected him, I didn't really see it. But IF the LFN is what got him last time with limited exposure, he definitely got it today. I wore the same amount, he was within 2 feet of me for probably 30-45 mins (there was only one chair between us and no one sat in it). And when he DID sit down, I felt my body heat up so I KNOW some diffusion HAD to happen. Oh, if I could only read his mind. Can we get a phero for that??? :D

ETA: I kept wafting my top when I was near TG...lol...and if nothing else, I smelled MARVELOUS!! ha!

Edited by Tinkerbelle

Oh, if I could only read his mind. Can we get a phero for that???

Well, it's not mind reading. But, True Confessions or TMI can definitely get someone to say what's on their mind. You just have to practice solofirst. They can also get you taking too.

It sounds like you have two perfect subject examples with these guys.

The younger guy sounds like a high responder. Some people just respond more outright to Pheromones than others. Or he may already like you and the pheros nudge him along. But, even in that case he seems more vulnerable to the phero trigger.

Your TG has to be getting the pheros too. But, and its not unusual, he has a higher social filter. You've caught eachothers eyes somewhat frequently so that's not a coincidence. Just try to give him some space to look at you without you looking at him would be my advice.

I'd also say take a day or 2 without the pheros so you dont burn out.

Do you have a softer alternative blend to wear? You've got the attention now you want to try eachother out a bit in another setting. If you can't fully chage the setting you can at least shift the mood.

If he's not moving forward I'd suggest, at some point, try to get a few coworkers thinking about afterwork drinks...

Edited by StacyK

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. I had to come back again. I've been kind of hoping to get a journal soon so I can do this without it all being in review threads, and I want to give better details. But let me tell you this. I have been wearing this at least every other time I think I will see TG. I have also used PM and gotten quite a bit of chattiness with that. But when I wear LFN (this scent in particular) it is just different. He still gets a little chatty, but his eyes are different. And I had the opportunity to see him OUTSIDE of work, even though we were with a LOT of other people, but he actually took my elbow in his hand when he spoke to me....which seems small, but knowing him...it wasn't. He isn't super touchy in public AT ALL. And the fact that people we KNEW were there and saw it...that was an odd thing for him to do. And I went back to look at my notes days later to be sure, and yep...I was wearing THIS! At another time, he mentioned doing something outside of work (in a "friendly" way, but still) and that time, I was wearing this with one TEENY TINY swirl of Gotcha in my cleavage. Me thinks me might have to buy ALL THE PETALS OF SILK with LFN! SHEESH! I have the UN LFN and am working on which scents to wear it with since I need them to be light but cover well. But this one is just perfect....JUST. PERFECT.

• 3 months later...

I had a bit of fun with this again this past weekend. Out with a group from work....yes, TG was there, and I did catch him looking at me from across the room. But the really fun part is that it hit a younger guy....he couldn't have been more than 20...and he was the chattiest, smiliest guy in the place after standing next to me for about 5 minutes. It really seems to hit the young ones for me. It's like my own personal cougar potion. Lol!

Sorry to have posted numerous things in a row...but it's been awhile between them and I hate to edit if no one will see it. And this is a GOOD story.

So, I had to go to the doctor and put on the Petals of Silk. It was odd to me at first the way he was looking at me when he came in after I had some x-rays...it worried me a bit at first. Then he started rotating my joints, (why I was there), and kept smiling all weird.

Then, after all was said and done, he brought some instructions to me on ways to care for the problem, and instead of handing it to me and sitting on the Dr.'s stool to talk further, he sat down on the table WITH ME. Now, maybe you guys have doctors that do that kinda thing, but I have NEVER had a dr sit on the exam table with me. I thought, man, this is strange...but didn't really think that it might be the pheros until later that afternoon. And then I laughed and laughed.

I do love the LFN, but get a lot more hits with it in this scent than in the UN with other scents. I am going to have to hoard this!

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately this is not my favorite on my skin - I'm am only getting medicinal blackberry and it's totally drowning out the tuberose and sage and making me feel quite ill. Why oh why??? I wanna have what y'all are having! I'm thinking fruits don't do well with me in general as much as I want them to - going to have to stick with my woods and incense and smoke and leather.

I got this because I do like tuberose and because I wanted to try the LFN before it was restocked (and now I have a pherotine UN on the way -yay!) but I don't think I'm going to be able to wear this at all. *sob*

Dont cry dear. You cant love them all. Or we would all be filing bankruptcy together, right? The really cool and at times disappointing but mostly cool, is that Maras perfumes make you question everything you think you know about what you like and dont like. There have been TONs of perfumes that on paper, I should love. But there have been just as many if not more that I thought Id hate that I end up having huge love for and a multi bottle hoard. You do get an education here by learning new to you notes and over time we get much better at predicting what we will love in general but Ive been here almost 9 years and I am still surprised often. Seriously, all the time. There can be 64 varieties of that note you love and some of them you might not like, or a note you love Gags you when combined with another note you dislike. But I promise its so worth it. Mara never ceases to amaze and surprise me with her potions. Im in awe of her encyclopedic knowledge of ingredients and the history of perfume and the subtlety of how she mixes them. But more than anything Im in awe of her endless endless creativity, Sorry off on a tangent there. But also put this one away from now because you might feel differently about it after it ages or after your nose changes. That happens to me regularly too.

Dont cry dear. You cant love them all. Or we would all be filing bankruptcy together, right? The really cool and at times disappointing but mostly cool, is that Maras perfumes make you question everything you think you know about what you like and dont like. There have been TONs of perfumes that on paper, I should love. But there have been just as many if not more that I thought Id hate that I end up having huge love for and a multi bottle hoard. You do get an education here by learning new to you notes and over time we get much better at predicting what we will love in general but Ive been here almost 9 years and I am still surprised often. Seriously, all the time. There can be 64 varieties of that note you love and some of them you might not like, or a note you love Gags you when combined with another note you dislike. But I promise its so worth it. Mara never ceases to amaze and surprise me with her potions. Im in awe of her encyclopedic knowledge of ingredients and the history of perfume and the subtlety of how she mixes them. But more than anything Im in awe of her endless endless creativity, Sorry off on a tangent there. But also put this one away from now because you might feel differently about it after it ages or after your nose changes. That happens to me regularly too.

Halo, you are so right!! Even in my tiny experience here, I am totally amazed by what these fragrances are doing in the bottle, on my skin, and in my HEAD. These beauties shift and change every time I put them on. And several things I thought would be meh, or never would have picked up for myself if I hadn't gotten a freebie, have totally smacked me in my face and demanded to be worshipped. In some ways they're almost adaptogens to me - over time they start to "know" me and the notes morph into what I need them to be. Mara is truly a magician of the highest order! I'm a "serious" fragrance collector (read: maniacal, hopeless, psychopath of an addict/hoarder) and was just telling my husband how disappointed I've been with most of the indie perfume houses I've been playing with lately. In comes LPMP - I'm in love.

So I will put this one aside and give it some resting time. Though let's be clear, I'm actually kind of happy I found one I don't love. My bank account is breathing a biiiiiiiiiig sigh of relief... :smiley-laughing024: At the end of the day I figure hey, I'm not gambling or doing hard drugs or blowing my cash on fancy cars - let me have this little outlet, right? Right?????

Yeah we all say that. :lol:

But that's one of the things I love about these kinds of fragrances (oil-based with no fixatives or preservatives), they're an ever-evolving experience in wear so it's always an adventure.

Yeah we all say that. :lol:

But that's one of the things I love about these kinds of fragrances (oil-based with no fixatives or preservatives), they're an ever-evolving experience in wear so it's always an adventure.

My most favorite kind of adventure!!! I am seriously high from sniffing through all my new vials and bottles. There is powerful juju in these sweet blends!

• 2 months later...

Petals of Silk is a more feminine version of Vardo to me. Love it! They share Sage and Blackberry, must be why. I am loving this!

And what do you know - an hour in, I'm online shopping for loungewear ... I must be wishing to feel even more fabulous and comfortable! Truly the work of LFM :hi:

• 1 month later...

I received a sample vial, and the first time I tested it I got a sweet, jammy apricot, and was intrigued. I tested again the next day and got a rush of green bamboo. I hadn't read the notes yet, so I am interpreting this as the blackberry and tuberose, respectively. This is a clean, shampoo skin scent. Soft and billowy, but it fades fast on me. I generally do not care for florals, but this is nice for an after-shower, prepping for cuddle-time fragrance. 

• 1 month later...

Has this been discontinued? Can't find out when I search the name online. 

4 minutes ago, Maya said:

Has this been discontinued? Can't find out when I search the name online. 

According to the Sale thread its sold out. Might be able to find it in the Trades section.

10 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

According to the Sale thread its sold out. Might be able to find it in the Trades section.

Oh I didn't even check there. Makes sense then.... Thank you Oceanjewel... I will search there. 

• 8 months later...

This is pretty, and pinkety-pink-pink! I tried it last night. I think the blackberry came forward on me. Tuberose can go ointment-y on me, but that didn't happen in this case. Not sure if the blackberry and sage kept it in check, or what. I didn't really notice the sage. 

I might have to wear this again tonight...hmmm.