New Releases for Autumn~Winter 2023! The 'Weenies are Here! :D

19 hours ago, luna65 said:

The thing about lavender-pumpkin-donuts is that I don't know if the data supports all three being effective together

Heh, for fun I had to look up the study. Apparently, Pumpkin spices and lavender combined  had the strongest effect on the Boyz. Stronger than each on its own.  Guys are (wonderfully) weird sometimes. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Totally was not expecting the new releases to be up and ready for ordering. How exciting! 🤗

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh my goodness! I was wearing ashes to

Dust this eve and I kept wondering where the delicious smell was coming from, and here it is returned! Mine is only a sample vial but I’m obviously going to need a big one! Pinkie donut sounds amazing - my youngest is a donut addict, so I wonder if he’ll like it?! I’m off to

go

and read notes! 

15 minutes ago, Kayla said:

@Potion Master, is the Weenies Lavender Pumpkin Donut essentially the same as the PE, or is there a significant difference? I am debating whether I "need" it. 🙂

I really tried to make it different actually. IIRC, I added some bottom to bring out the richness and sweetness. Try a trial vial and compare! 

2 hours ago, luna65 said:

Ever since the 2018 variant.

For real? Wow! Usually scents with boozy notes poke me in the 3rd eye, but Ebil-ish is one of my favourite scents, ever, and I had no idea. 

Thanks Luna! 

4 hours ago, Potion Master said:

I love those!!!! Thank you!

May I ask a stupid question? Is there a reason why some ingredients aren't mentioned in the ingredients list? Like in Vessel praline, or in Pumkin Lavender Donut lavender or in Poe de Crema cherries? Because my eyes sometimes skip the text and got directly to ingredients, and maybe someone elses to and was later suprised Praline aren't listed because after wearing Z-Day I was really looking forward if there will be something with that. Sorry if it's a stupid question. 

2 hours ago, citrine said:

May I ask a stupid question? Is there a reason why some ingredients aren't mentioned in the ingredients list? Like in Vessel praline, or in Pumkin Lavender Donut lavender or in Poe de Crema cherries? Because my eyes sometimes skip the text and got directly to ingredients, and maybe someone elses to and was later suprised Praline aren't listed because after wearing Z-Day I was really looking forward if there will be something with that. Sorry if it's a stupid question. 

The answer is exhaustion on my part. I just missed some things, I guess. Thanks for catching my errors! I will fix it. Are the mistakes on the listings or on the cheat sheet? Thank you!

35 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

The answer is exhaustion on my part. I just missed some things, I guess. Thanks for catching my errors! I will fix it. Are the mistakes on the listings or on the cheat sheet? Thank you!

I looked just now and it’s for the listings. 

Thank you so much for all of your hard work! 

3 hours ago, citrine said:

Is there a reason why some ingredients aren't mentioned in the ingredients list? Like in Vessel praline, or in Pumkin Lavender Donut lavender or in Poe de Crema cherries? Because my eyes sometimes skip the text and got directly to ingredients, and maybe someone elses to and was later suprised Praline aren't listed because after wearing Z-Day I was really looking forward if there will be something with that. Sorry if it's a stupid question. 

So for Praline, I had the magical meaning for nuts in general, but I changed it specifically to Pecan for you.

Added Lavender to PLD, thanks for catching that!

Added Cherry to the Cherry perfume, lol, that was a big one to omit. Thank you!

Let me know if you find any others and thanks so much for being my eyes and fact checkers! xoxoxo

On 10/10/2023 at 2:46 PM, RosesArePink said:

Heh, for fun I had to look up the study. Apparently, Pumpkin spices and lavender combined  had the strongest effect on the Boyz. Stronger than each on its own.  Guys are (wonderfully) weird sometimes. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Totally was not expecting the new releases to be up and ready for ordering. How exciting! 🤗

My husband just commented favorably on the PE of Pumpkin Lavender Donut. He hasn’t mentioned any of my perfumes in months. And I guess his sense of smell came back from COVID. I can only imagine what this deeper Autumn / Winter one smells like!  It was a “Oh, you smell good!!” comment!  😄 So, the combo works magically.

@Potion Master  How different is Wine & Dead Roses from the 2015 version I have?  It seems to have different notes. 

1 hour ago, Onyx said:

Did you get a sample? I ordered one! 

I didn’t get this one…and I don’t know why because for some reason I can’t stop thinking about it! I’m usually more of a dark, musky sometimes floral girl, sometimes fruits if they’re creamy also but usually not apple. I’m really looking forward to your thoughts on it though!

57 minutes ago, Amanda said:

I didn’t get this one…and I don’t know why because for some reason I can’t stop thinking about it! I’m usually more of a dark, musky sometimes floral girl, sometimes fruits if they’re creamy also but usually not apple. I’m really looking forward to your thoughts on it though!

You know Amanda, that was how I felt when I was looking at your Beach Sol. It did not have the usual notes I would go for and I'm more interested in foodie scents than beach scents nowadays. I could not get it out of my mind though, so I just decided to go for it. I'm so glad it worked out! 🏖 

1 hour ago, Potion Master said:

@SirenSong - I have no idea. lol. I could not find an older recipe, nor do I have a bottle, so I just made it from scratch with the same theme in mind.

Oh. Then I guess I need this one, too.  The 2015 one lists cocoa absolute, red musk, rose attar, leather, Cabernet, oak, sandalwood, and myrrh. My teenage son picked it out for me to wear to an Alice Cooper concert. I asked him to smell some scents as in what seemed like rock and roll concert and he picked that much to my surprise. Good choice. 

This new one has orange and patchouli in it, no leather, no musk, no cocoa. Seems very different. 

That’s what makes them all so precious. I have the PE Pumpkin Lavender Donut, but a think I may need the new version, too. I’ll be submitting another invoice…

19 hours ago, SirenSong said:

My husband just commented favorably on the PE of Pumpkin Lavender Donut. He hasn’t mentioned any of my perfumes in months. And I guess his sense of smell came back from COVID. I can only imagine what this deeper Autumn / Winter one smells like!  It was a “Oh, you smell good!!” comment!  😄 So, the combo works magically

It has to be the magic! 🍩 

I’m curious about Poe de Creme too and am excited for all the samples that I ordered.

Huh, that sounds more like Cocoa Sauvingnon than Wine & Dead Roses. ??? @SirenSong

On 10/11/2023 at 10:56 AM, Eve said:

I’m so excited about Poe de Crème.  Amazingly high hopes for it !

I really love it, it smells delishus to me!

47 minutes ago, Kayla said:

@Potion Master, can you please tell me what berries are in the "berry sugar" in Pink Pumpkin. I am trying to decide if I can wear it because I'm allergic to strawberries. Thank you! ❤️ 

It does have strawberry, as well as mulberry. But they are not organic (it's headspace technology) so I doubt there would be an allergy reaction, but best to be safe!

2 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

Huh, that sounds more like Cocoa Sauvingnon than Wine & Dead Roses. ??? @SirenSong

It does have strawberry, as well as mulberry. But they are not organic (it's headspace technology) so I doubt there would be an allergy reaction, but best to be safe!

So, they are not made from real fruit? They just smell like strawberries? 

So I just have to tell on Jeanna cuz this is so funneh. She spilled half a bottle of AJA all over herself at work an hour ago, and now has to go have dinner with her parents. I told her she's gonna smell like she's been rolling in sex for the next 48 hours. She says her hubby's eyes went dilated as soon as she walked in the door and now he's all fidgety. LMAO. This is gonna be a fun dinner.

9 minutes ago, Kayla said:

So, they are not made from real fruit? They just smell like strawberries? 

Correct. Headspace technology is a weird and wonderful thing...

You know how a lot of times, a flower smells wonderful in nature, but once you crush it to make essential oils, it then smells like camphor? The smell of the flower is ruined? Headspace tech can capture the smell of a REAL LIVE FLOWER. It can also be used to capture the smell of fresh baking bread, or warm cotton candy, or freshly cut fruit etc.

The scientists get a chemical printout of the organic makeup of the sampled item, and then re-create it in a lab. They can use natural or inorganic ingredients to get there, but it's the only way you get these true to life aromas, and we use a lot of them in our perfuming. You would not have perfumes such as Aquolina's Pink Sugar without this tech. They are just a portion of a perfumer's palette, along with essential oils, florisols, hydrosols, attars, resins, absolutes, concretes, and CO2s. We use all of these in our perfumes. Most of them nature-based, but not all.

27 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

So I just have to tell on Jeanna cuz this is so funneh. She spilled half a bottle of AJA all over herself at work an hour ago, and now has to go have dinner with her parents. I told her she's gonna smell like she's been rolling in sex for the next 48 hours. She says her hubby's eyes went dilated as soon as she walked in the door and now he's all fidgety. LMAO. This is gonna be a fun dinner.

The saga continues....their daughter has been told she's spending the night at grandma's. :lol: Hubby said, "this is no joke."

18 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

Correct. Headspace technology is a weird and wonderful thing...

You know how a lot of times, a flower smells wonderful in nature, but once you crush it to make essential oils, it then smells like camphor? The smell of the flower is ruined? Headspace tech can capture the smell of a REAL LIVE FLOWER. It can also be used to capture the smell of fresh baking bread, or warm cotton candy, or freshly cut fruit etc.

The scientists get a chemical printout of the organic makeup of the sampled item, and then re-create it in a lab. They can use natural or inorganic ingredients to get there, but it's the only way you get these true to life aromas, and we use a lot of them in our perfuming. You would not have perfumes such as Aquolina's Pink Sugar without this tech. They are just a portion of a perfumer's palette, along with essential oils, florisols, hydrosols, attars, resins, absolutes, concretes, and CO2s. We use all of these in our perfumes. Most of them nature-based, but not all.

That's so interesting! Thanks for the explanation, Mara. I learned something new. 😊

55 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

@Potion Master  This is from Luna65's archive of Wine & Dead Roses 2015 (not sure how to link) 🤷‍♀️ No worries, getting this new version anyway.

For all you strange girls whose idea of the perfect Valentine involves darkness, decay and eldritch terror...a gothic-minded blend of the decadent charms of cocoa absolute, rose attar and cabernet accord cloaked in dark bloody red musk with a spooky resinous base of oak, sandalwood and myrrh.

COCOA ABSOLUTE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
RED MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
ROSE ATTAR ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
LEATHER ~ The musky scent of leather inspires feelings of lust, personal power, and provides a hint of danger.
FERMENTED ALCOHOL: CABERNET ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy.

It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism. 
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Mara Fox

February 2015

I tend to completely forget things after I am done creating them. My brain is always looking towards the next thing I want to make! Sorry if this disappointed anyone. I made it because a customer at the shop has been asking for years to bring it back. I do hope she likes this version!!! I do, I think it's lovely. :)

3 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

I tend to completely forget things after I am done creating them. My brain is always looking towards the next thing I want to make! Sorry if this disappointed anyone. I made it because a customer at the shop has been asking for years to bring it back. I do hope she likes this version!!! I do, I think it's lovely. :)

Oh, come on...you never disappoint.  This new one actually sounds better! 😋