New Releases for Autumn~Winter 2023! The 'Weenies are Here! :D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Correct. Headspace technology is a weird and wonderful thing...

Oh, I looked it up and it's very interesting. I'm reading some articles on it now. Do you use this often for scents that you make? 

16 hours ago, Potion Master said:

The saga continues....their daughter has been told she's spending the night at grandma's. :lol: Hubby said, "this is no joke."

Are there any updates on this? 😆

2 hours ago, Onyx said:

Oh, I looked it up and it's very interesting. I'm reading some articles on it now. Do you use this often for scents that you make? 

Are there any updates on this? 😆

Yes, many notes that smell like actual food are created using headspace tech.

Yes again,  lol. She said if you soak in white vinegar, you can lessen the effect of the Aja almost entirely. But she still got lucky. :lol: Twice.

3 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Yes, many notes that smell like actual food are created using headspace tech.

Yes again,  lol. She said if you soak in white vinegar, you can lessen the effect of the Aja almost entirely. But she still got lucky. :lol: Twice.

That's so cool! Some of the scents you've made truly reminded me of some existing food products! 🍪🍑🍈 

Oh wow! She still got it even after a vinegar soak! 😂

I was surprised to get the fast shipping notification! Mine should hopefully be arriving this week. I hope to get it before travelling so I can try it this month! 

21 minutes ago, luna65 said:

Mine is coming on Monday, I believe.

😱 I thought you lived in pick-up range from the shop! 

On 10/12/2023 at 5:32 AM, citrine said:

Me too! I really look forward to your review!!

I love your reviews too!  Not even just reviews, but how you’ll talk about a fragrance and why it reminds you of something else. 

I have my fingers crossed my order will be here tomorrow, but probably not until Tuesday. 

First Impressions

I blind-sniffed all of these to see if I could identify them. I was able to differentiate all except for Pumpkin Pink, Pumpkin Lavender DonutFlying Potion, and Supra. I need to go back and try these by themselves since I could barely smell some of them due to having another scent nearby. 

These are mostly impressions on sniffs from the bottle, upon application, and the initial stages of dry down. I was mostly focused on trying to see if I could identify them. 😅 When the review threads are up, I will come back to give actual reviews.

1. Ever Moor: Very green and very fresh. I smell a green apple somehow although that's not in the notes. It's quite potent and covered the smell of another scent I was trying to test nearby. I don't know if I like it yet. I'm waiting to see how it evolves after some rest. Mr. Onyx might like this. 
  2. Flying Potion: It smelled somewhat boozy and sparkly in the bottle and then kind of like soda when I applied it. I guessed that this was Flying Potion, but then I changed it to Pumpkin Pink, and apparently, it actually is Flying Potion! I need to test this again later. 
  3. Garland & Lace: I initially got some spice, I think gingerbread? I also got a whiff of something that reminds me of the signature Love Potion scent based on my sniffie of Love Potion: Red. It smells very faint to me though. I think I was only able to identify this due to gingerbread. I'm not sure if it's just a scent closer to the skin and is being overwhelmed by the other scents I put on. I need to try this again later.
  4. Poe de Crème: It smelled like powdery chocolate in the bottle. After application, I could smell the cherry! I think this could benefit from resting. It kind of smells somewhat separated to me at the moment probably due to travel shock. I got a musky impression during the initial stages of dry down. Now that I sniff this again as I type this, it smells more blended and actually really, really nice. I'm not getting the powdery chocolate anymore but more of the boozy cherry with something. I look forward to testing this again after some rest.
  5. Pumpkin Latte: Just from the bottle, I was pretty sure this was Pumpkin Latte. The initial sniff from it was coffee. This is really nice. I don't know if it really smells like pumpkin latte since I have not tried that yet. I've tried the more dessert-leaning pumpkin spice lattes that were frozen and very sweet, with very strong nutmeg/cinnamon/whatever spices they usually use. This reminds me of hazelnut coffee. I look forward to seeing how this changes as it rests.
  6. Pumpkin Lavender Donut: Initially smelled boozy though I could barely smell this because I had Ever Moor close by. I thought it was Supra or Pumpkin Pink. I need to test this again because this smelled faint on me.
  7. Pumpkin Pink: This was the one I was most confused by. I initially got pumpkin, then thought I got something boozy with spice, so I thought it might have been Poe de Crème, but I didn't get cherry. Then I thought perhaps it's Pumpkin Lavender Donut. Then I thought maybe Reliquary but I wasn't getting any apple. It smelled light so I thought okay maybe Supra or Pumpkin Pink. I settled on Pumpkin Lavender Donut somehow. I need to test this again. 
  8. Reliquary: Smelled fresh in the bottle and smelled like fresh apple upon application. I don't smell the burnt sugar. It has a very nice, fresh scent. When it started drying down though, I smelled the burnt sugar! Wow! It truly smells burnt! I'm sniffing it again as I type this and I'm no longer getting the apple. Just the smoke. Very interesting. It's as if the apple got burnt and eventually just... disappeared. I don't know yet if I like this enough to get a full bottle, but this is very interesting and somewhat magical.
  9. Supra: It's fruity in the bottle. It smelled fresh upon application. I thought it might have been Flying Potion or Vampire Bunny. I need to test this again. 
  10. Vampire Bunny: Fruity. Nice, elegant smell. I thought it was Flying Potion but when I kept coming back to it, I realized it must be Vampire Bunny since I really liked Cuddle Bunny so much. I'm not getting a strong smoke scent on this yet @ivy_fiddlefox, but I'm getting a strong blueberry. 
  11. Vessel: Initially got a powdery burnt smell. I thought it was Reliquary because of that, but I didn't smell the apple. Then I realized I think I might be getting the powdery impression from the pralines! I was able to identify this as Vessel! Going back to this on dry down, I don't get the burnt smell anymore. It's like a sweet mix with the praline being the frontmost accord to me. Another very interesting one. It's like the initial scent was something coming out of the oven and it becomes sweeter as it cools down.

I highlighted the current standouts to me. The ones I was most interested in (with the exception of Vampire Bunny) aren't that distinct to me yet. I think my standouts will change and it's likely I'll prefer different ones for getting a full bottle. 

Overall, I really enjoyed the samples I've tested from 'Weenies 2023! I am really curious how this list and my impressions will change as my samples get more rest.  

20 hours ago, Onyx said:

😱 I thought you lived in pick-up range from the shop! 

LOL no, I used to live a few hours away from Mara when she was in Los Angeles, but alas she relocated on me. 

I got mine! I’m in analysis paralysis trying to decide what FBs to get now

On 10/15/2023 at 2:20 PM, Potion Master said:

Anyone get their packages yet? :) We got em out the door as fast as we could!

Oh wow @Onyx! Great rub down!

I just got mine and tore into Vessel immediately! Instantly I get the fresh bread that I was so hoping for! It’s so yummy! I’m getting the pralines now too, it’s only been about 8 minutes, and they smell sweet. This reminds me of a nutty bread my grandma used to make, I have no idea the ingredients since she never wrote it down, just made it from memory, but it was one of my favorite treats as a kid. I am loving the bread note so much, I hope it lingers through the dry down.🥰

@OnyxI meant to say run down but rub down makes me giggle🤭

5 hours ago, luna65 said:

LOL no, I used to live a few hours away from Mara when she was in Los Angeles, but alas she relocated on me. 

You do such a great job with the descriptions and are very integrated with everything that I thought you lived nearby! You all have great teamwork! 

4 hours ago, Amanda said:

Oh wow @Onyx! Great rub down!

I just got mine and tore into Vessel immediately! Instantly I get the fresh bread that I was so hoping for! It’s so yummy! I’m getting the pralines now too, it’s only been about 8 minutes, and they smell sweet. This reminds me of a nutty bread my grandma used to make, I have no idea the ingredients since she never wrote it down, just made it from memory, but it was one of my favorite treats as a kid. I am loving the bread note so much, I hope it lingers through the dry down.🥰

@OnyxI meant to say run down but rub down makes me giggle🤭

LOL @Amanda! 😆 And thank you! I didn't quite rub them but I did swipe all the samples all over my arms!

I'm glad you are enjoying Vessel! It's an unexpected standout for me. I'm not getting the bread, but perhaps that's because I'm more attuned to pralines due to hazelnut praliné. I like that childhood scent memory for you. 😊

Got my package yesterday! I tried Reliquary last night and feel like that’s one I should get or I’ll regret not buying a bottle of. I love how it morphed in Demi soon from the bottle to the skin to the dry down and couldn’t stop sniffing it. @Onyx really nailed the description of Reliquary and it’s almost an addicting fall scent. I also picked up a buttery apple while it settled on the skin.                   *                                                                         I’m trying Vessel atm and it has a a fun transformation. Straight on the skin it is very freshly baking bread but as it dries down it turns into a sweet bread and then the nuts come out! It’s a not too sweet nutty oats to me. I maybe I’m imagining butter in it too 😆 but it definitely is Yummy!                               I can’t wait to try the others! 

6 hours ago, LyndaH said:

@Onyx really nailed the description of Reliquary and it’s almost an addicting fall scent. I also picked up a buttery apple while it settled on the skin. 

I'll keep trying Reliquary! I would also like to get that buttery apple! I keep getting fresh, fresh, fresh apple... then burnt and smoke! Haha. 

3 hours ago, Amanda said:

So I’m already totally in love with Vessel, but today I’m wearing Ever Moor and it is lovely! Just wanted to say @luna65I love this line so much🥰 For lovers of the outdoors, the wild and the windswept.

You're so right, @Amanda! @luna65 did such a great job with the description! Ever Moor is honestly not my type of scent (the outlier in the ones I ordered) but I got it because of the description! The part that got me was the "Autumnal hike through rainy Highland fields..." because it reminds me of Scotland and having some family roots there appeals to me. 

Hey all - I've created most of the review threads and will get the rest posted in the morning.  Apologies for the delay, I've been in the grip of The Migraine That Would Not Die for a couple days now.  Thank you for your patience!

:kiss43:

I really like Orange in Mayhem, but the old books smell is not my fav…I would really like a scent with the same orange with a different tinge of bitterness - a drop of coffee or cardamom 

3 hours ago, Mila said:

I really like Orange in Mayhem, but the old books smell is not my fav…I would really like a scent with the same orange with a different tinge of bitterness - a drop of coffee or cardamom 

I’m really kicking myself for not getting this one! I may have to pick it up soon cause I feel like it’s a perfect gift for my other half. He is a bookworm that likes whiskey and orange scents 🤣 I feel like this maybe perfect for him! 

3 hours ago, Mila said:

I think it’s a niche fragrance, and maybe that’s not the right word, it’s not one I’d wear everyday, but I am really digging the book smell! I’ve had a couple that say they smell like old books but they just smell dusty or dirty, this one actually smells like paper and I really enjoy it! You’re right though, the orange is very nice! Not citrusy orange, just a nice orange. 

dang it, now I'm kicking myself for not getting a sample of vessel, a fresh nutty bread vibe sounds delicious. I think my order is arriving today, but I won't be able to sniff for another few weeks, since a friend is helping me dodge international shipping :D ahhh!!! I can't wait.

Just letting you all know, the post sale inventory is now entirely updated so a few things may have reappeared on the Etsy, LP, or LUV sites in very limited qty, that may have been assumed sold out.

The NRs are now also up on Etsy/Luv for those that prefer that site, but the coupons are on the main site only.

Editing your posts is now back on, since the sale is over.

Hope everyone is enjoying their goodies! :)

On 10/24/2023 at 8:06 PM, Potion Master said:

Just letting you all know, the post sale inventory is now entirely updated so a few things may have reappeared on the Etsy, LP, or LUV sites in very limited qty, that may have been assumed sold out.

Hope everyone is enjoying their goodies! :)

Thank you, Mara! Such welcome news! I missed some of the old releases and saw some of the ones I'm interested in available for samples and full bottles!  

On 10/12/2023 at 8:57 PM, Potion Master said:

Correct. Headspace technology is a weird and wonderful thing...

You know how a lot of times, a flower smells wonderful in nature, but once you crush it to make essential oils, it then smells like camphor? The smell of the flower is ruined? Headspace tech can capture the smell of a REAL LIVE FLOWER. It can also be used to capture the smell of fresh baking bread, or warm cotton candy, or freshly cut fruit etc.

The scientists get a chemical printout of the organic makeup of the sampled item, and then re-create it in a lab. They can use natural or inorganic ingredients to get there, but it's the only way you get these true to life aromas, and we use a lot of them in our perfuming. You would not have perfumes such as Aquolina's Pink Sugar without this tech. They are just a portion of a perfumer's palette, along with essential oils, florisols, hydrosols, attars, resins, absolutes, concretes, and CO2s. We use all of these in our perfumes. Most of them nature-based, but not all.

Wow so amazing !

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Femmefatale said:

I know a secret….everyone is sleeping on reviews (and probably trying) for a very yummy scent. I may tell…… but first I want to hear guesses! 

I was originally going to guess Ebil-ish! (2023) but I saw that it already has reviews. I am curious because you also enjoy foodie scents. Is it North Pole? I haven't seen any reviews for that yet! 

• 2 weeks later...