Stalk Talk!

luna65

27 minutes ago, Eve said:

Me!  It, I figure if Mara said by end of weekend late, and she meant late her time, it’s going to be way past midnight for us on the east coast.

…. 4 pm….😐

…..5 pm…😶

……6 pm….🤔

….7 pm ……:drinking-red-wine:

….8 pm….:Emoticons04269:

Lol! 9 PM = :onigiri_moon_sleep: I'm on the east coast too, Eve.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, citrine said:

I could really use a spell potion for luck... And I'm not sure when there'll be NR, but I do hope there will be something with LFN :)

I’ve found Horn of Plenty and the Key to bring me luck, do you mean something more like Van Van?

11 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I’ve found Horn of Plenty and the Key to bring me luck, do you mean something more like Van Van?

Yes. Even though Van Van never seemed to work for me (I still have an empty bottle from 2015.), but Black Cat Hex Breaker was amazing for that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, luna65 said:

You mean for the Ashes To Dust?  It was released this month, it's available now to order.

I didn't see it, I'm waiting for NR here lol 😂 And here I was hoping we would get spell potions this month and that you accidentally posted one of them in the Archive lol 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There’s a few new ones with honey, is there a way to know the honey ‘types’ in them? Some honeys dry down really powdery on me 🥺 The dirty honey works with my skin chemistry better. Also saw a review of a sweet honey note , which I don’t know anything about. Anyhow hoping someone else knows this info!! Thanks 😊 

The honey in Goddess isn't "dirty" but it is very intense.

Beyla has a lighter-toned honey.

Tipping the Velvet and Earthly Pleasures have more of a sexy honey-type vibe.

The honey in Kanina Kanina is also lighter-toned and the fragrance is soft (i.e. "fuzzy") overall.

Berried Treasure also has a darker type honey appropriate to the resins and berries.

3 hours ago, luna65 said:

The honey in Goddess isn't "dirty" but it is very intense.

Beyla has a lighter-toned honey.

Tipping the Velvet and Earthly Pleasures have more of a sexy honey-type vibe.

The honey in Kanina Kanina is also lighter-toned and the fragrance is soft (i.e. "fuzzy") overall.

Berried Treasure also has a darker type honey appropriate to the resins and berries.

Thanks Luna!! Not sure why some of the honeys smell like baby powder on my skin. Love the ‘dirty ‘honeys though it’s been awhile since I’ve tried any products with main honey notes

Because some honey types do have a powdery type of impression I can see why people make that connection in terms of characterizing the smell.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, dolphindolls2 said:

Oh, I hope this years weenies don't break the bank. I swear I loved every blend from last years batch...

I think I am done for this year 🙈 Except if the reviews of the Weenies don't get to me. Or if there are spell potions, then :moneyfairy13:

39 minutes ago, dolphindolls2 said:

Oh, I hope this years weenies don't break the bank. I swear I loved every blend from last years batch...

17 minutes ago, citrine said:

I think I am done for this year 🙈 Except if the reviews of the Weenies don't get to me. Or if there are spell potions, then :moneyfairy13:

Right there with you!!! I got a little bit carried away with the sale (and no I don’t regret it at all). Though I’m sure I’ll end up with Weenie samples at least. And if there happens to be a virgin Lantern rebrew....💸

5 hours ago, RosesArePink said:

Right there with you!!! I got a little bit carried away with the sale (and no I don’t regret it at all). Though I’m sure I’ll end up with Weenie samples at least. And if there happens to be a virgin Lantern rebrew....💸

I also got carried away with the sale and I do not regret my purchases. I travel a lot for work, so I always keep a to go bag packed and ready.  I like to keep about 4 of my LP blends in there so I'm never without perfume when I'm travelling for work.

47 minutes ago, dolphindolls2 said:

I also got carried away with the sale and I do not regret my purchases. I travel a lot for work, so I always keep a to go bag packed and ready.  I like to keep about 4 of my LP blends in there so I'm never without perfume when I'm travelling for work.

I don't travel for work, but keep a stash of about 15 trial vials in my purse for anything that may come up where I want a certain phero. 

Yay weenie time!!!! I’m hoping for some virgin options too! That’s why my sale bottles have been Halloween/fall focused because I loved last years scents.

I did smell this coconut caramel scent at bbw last week and was going to ask if that could be a possibility. Lol

On 8/17/2022 at 7:04 AM, Vika said:

I did smell this coconut caramel scent at bbw last week and was going to ask if that could be a possibility. Lol

:lol:

Nooooo, you'll make Mara cry if you do that.  She still can't forgive herself for doing her own version of cucumber melon (even though I still love it to this day).

2 hours ago, Potion Master said:

:lol: I kinda like the idea of a coconut caramel. We've done it before, but with chocolate added, remember Haystacks? I'm betting it would smell better than their aroma-chemicals too.

I don’t have malls near me, or maybe I just don’t frequent them, so BBW just isn’t in my orbit, but this thread made me look at their website and I was surprised by how few reviews most products have, for such a large chain! Reviews on here are never scant!

Regarding coconut & caramel, the ones I’ve loved have been with a touch of spice instead of chocolate, like Lick of Cream and Dolce Far Niente. 

For chocolate, I’m hoping for a nutty chocolate that is also a cops cover. Like milk chocolate and hazelnut, or chocolate, almonds, and butterscotch like Almond Roca, or caramel chocolate and roasted peanuts….

I’ve gone and made myself hungry. I know there was a chocolate and peanut butter PE once, if I smelled like Reese’s I’d never be allowed out of the bedroom.  

2 hours ago, Potion Master said:

:lol: I kinda like the idea of a coconut caramel. We've done it before, but with chocolate added, remember Haystacks? I'm betting it would smell better than their aroma-chemicals too.

Oh that's right!  And then there was Oidhche Shamhna, the chocolate-covered caramel popcorn balls.

I remember haystacks I loved that one, I myself love chocolate spice and sweet scents so I generally look for those lol. BBW was my old love until I found the Lovepotion site.😂 It became my new love/obsession 😍 ♥ 

No, seriously, does anyone really want to smell like a peanut? I have a big stash of nut oils and can hardly ever get myself to use them in perfumes. A little almond or pecan, yes, but hazelnut or peanut? Truly? If you want it, I'll make it! Be specific! lol. Cuz I am not naturally coming up with nut perfumes in my brain.

7 hours ago, luna65 said:

Oh that's right!  And then there was Oidhche Shamhna, the chocolate-covered caramel popcorn balls.

Ail said it was Gaelic for Halloween or something, and was pronounced something like O'shamni Shafta...in that way the letters have absolutely no relation to the pronunciation. But I looked at that first word, and said, THAT is where JK Rowling got Quidditch from.

ETA: I found this:

Oidhche Shamhna (Oy-hya How-na), is the eve of the ancient Gaelic festival of An t-Samhain (Un Tav-een) and the root of all things spooky and Halloween.