Sugar Pie Honey Bun w/ Levitation

AD-SugarPie_540x.jpg?v=1588366960

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

• 2 weeks later...

What a fun Spring into Summer Fragrance! Berries, honey, sugar might veer into the sickly sweet territory, but the lemon zing and ginger help that with their sharper, fresher tones. The cream blends particularly well with the honey note. Omg yum. People will follow you around with this one. Watch that social distancing! Lol

3 hours ago, halo0073 said:

What a fun Spring into Summer Fragrance! Berries, honey, sugar might veer into the sickly sweet territory, but the lemon zing and ginger help that with their sharper, fresher tones. The cream blends particularly well with the honey note. Omg yum. People will follow you around with this one. Watch that social distancing! Lol

Oh YAY, this sounds amazing & a fb will be in my order today ! Is it at all reminiscent of Super Happy Funtime ? The description put me in mind of that, which is why I decided to go fb....looooove Super Happy Funtime ! This sounds like it will be amazing either way, though

I think it's meant to remind people of that scent although it's not a variant of it.  It has a similar vibe.

So, even though I slathered Raspberry Chiffon already earlier, this one kept calling me all day, so my Aries impatience got the best of me & I put a bit on about 15 minutes ago...something about this one REALLY reminds me of Drive By Fruiting. I know, I keep comparing the new fragrances to the old, like the Bonbon Booty to Wild Cherry, lol....but I love Drive By Fruiting ( and WC ) so that definitely is not a bad thing in any way whatsoever. In the bottle, it doesn't remind me of Drive By Fruiting at all, it smells very blue raspberry slushie to me, when wet, so to be fair, my skin is probably just amping the fruits that were also in Drive By Fruiting, & the honey. I love it ! It's very, very bright, delicious, & extremely fun...Levitation is such an awesome phero for the vibe of this. 

At first this totally reminds of Nectar de L'Amour, a berry sugarbomb kind of thing.  But then the blueberry comes way out in front, and that's fine but on the other hand I was wanting that blend I get in the vial.  Because it smells SO FREAKING GOOD in the vial, aaaaahhh!  My chemistry is making this actually far less sweet and more tangy-tart with the blueberry and lemon dialing up.  So I'm officially jealous of everyone who gets the sugarbomb thing.  Still though, a very fun kind of fragrance to wear in Spring/Summer and especially when you need a Levitation lift.

I've just slathered this on before work and wanted to share my perspective on the scent. 

In the bottle: Smells like a yummy blue raspberry lollipop.

Wet on skin: The berries are tart with a sweetness that comes in that makes it smell a bit creamy, like vanilla.

After drydown: The berries are still prominent but it smooths out to be both sweet and tart. A perfect combo that becomes dessert-like. I imagine a fruit tart or berry pie dessert. 

I really think the Levitation pheromone perfectly fits the brightness and sweetness of this scent. Very uplifting with a playful yumminess. 😍

One of my favorite things about Mara's perfumes are how they morph into an even more exquisite scent over time, sometimes even in a matter of a few days, which is definitely the case with this one ! Yesterday, this one called to me, so I gave myself a good slathering of it, along with one spray of Topper. First of all, I think that I phero bombed my daughter 🤣 She's already a cute little bubbly 20 year old, lol...but we went on a long drive & she was in party mode, lol ! Dancing in her seat, laughing, just having an awesome time. So, that was definitely fun. As far as the scent, it has morphed in just the week that I had it, & omg, it may have moved it's way right into my fave spot of my new scents ( sorry, Rocket Fuel & Bonbon Booty...I still have mad love for both of ya ) It is just GORGEOUS ! When I first put it on, it still has that Drive By Fruiting vibe ( which I do love ) but the dry down....omg, the dry down...  Just this luscious swirl of buttercream with a hint of berry ( I can smell all of the berries now, as opposed to last week ) just dripping with sweet honey. Just completely edible & lickable, & with the Levitation in it plus a spray of Topper...just a big, delicious cloud of good times ! Yesterday got stressful but I wasn't feeling the stress...I felt oblivious. So, I am loving everything about this. I love it so much that I put it on again TODAY & I never, ever wear the same scent twice in a row. Today, I also paired it with BBM, along with Topper, because BBM dries down to a creamy vanilla doll head type scent ( I know, I'm weird af, lol )...I noticed that this plus Raspberry Chiffon are just excellent with BBM, so it's nice to have ( new ) scents that give me some BBM use. I will probably be ordering a backup bottle of this somewhat soon.

1 hour ago, StrawberryKitten said:

Today, I also paired it with BBM, along with Topper, because BBM dries down to a creamy vanilla doll head type scent ( I know, I'm weird af, lol )...

Actually that seems to be a somewhat popular scented evocation - I've seen at least two (?) other etailers list a scent like that, and I think Mara made a PE like that for someone a few years ago.  So not as weird as you think!

1 hour ago, luna65 said:

Actually that seems to be a somewhat popular scented evocation - I've seen at least two (?) other etailers list a scent like that, and I think Mara made a PE like that for someone a few years ago.  So not as weird as you think!

Really ?? Wow ! I have always wondered if there were more who loved that scent, because it's such a nostalgic thing...kinda bummed that I missed out on that PE, lol

On 5/11/2020 at 4:06 AM, halo0073 said:

Wearing masks is really messing me up as far as testing! I put it on, then went out in an N-95 mask. I went to Home Depot, stood in social distance line, also to pet food store, but couldn't smell shit and no one followed me around but my man. I think I'll test this again tomorrow. 

I think the Levitation got to me, though. I was in kind of a resigned mood and my spirit picked up.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:55 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Wearing masks is really messing me up as far as testing! I put it on, then went out in an N-95 mask. I went to Home Depot, stood in social distance line, also to pet food store, but couldn't smell shit and no one followed me around but my man. I think I'll test this again tomorrow. 

I haven’t been wearing N-95s, but I’ve been putting a little dot of perfume on my mask so I at least I can smell it. After all, we’re all socially distanced anyway so it feels like a shame to wear perfume that no one can enjoy!

I loved this. I had to let it settle for a couple days before the travel shock wore off and then this was amazing. I got the berry sugar bomb, and scent fits the phero perfectly. 

On 5/19/2020 at 6:12 PM, hedgehog said:

I’ve been putting a little dot of perfume on my mask so I at least I can smell it. After all, we’re all socially distanced anyway so it feels like a shame to wear perfume that no one can enjoy!

Cool idea!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 10:15 AM, luna65 said:

@StrawberryKitten the French doll company most famous for that vanilla scent is Corolle. I never played with dolls, so had to be told to buy my daughter a doll AND how it had to smell!

Wow!  This one grabs my attention!  Just trying this one out today. Probably have to pick this one up. It’s fruity, but the honey is coming through. I am getting spicy ginger honey with a fruity undertone. It literally smells “warm”.  Hard to describe the honey, it’s not dirty. It totally smells like edible honey — right out of the bear. 🧸  The honey keeps it from smelling too juvenile fruity.   I have scents with honey and ginger, but love the addition of the fruits. Great combo!

On 6/5/2020 at 9:58 AM, StrawberryKitten said:

That is so cool ! I was actually BIG on dolls & I had no idea, lol

I never got the doll thing. Ironically, right this second, I’m in my daughter’s bed, she’s reading, and making me hold her Baby Alive doll. This thing is cool and creepy, it coos and cries and it’s mouth and head and neck move, it even turns it’s head in the direction of sound. If you hold it upside down it cries, it even blows kisses and says “bye-bye.” 
The Sugar Pie Honey Bun name makes me forget about the berries, and I’m taken by surprise every time. I keep expecting more of a sticky baked bun feel. It is more berry-oriented on me, and I’m not a pink or berry girl, but I’m drawn to it. I don’t think I’ll go FB but maybe I’ll get lucky and the trial vial will last forever!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 8:52 AM, StrawberryKitten said:

Today, I also paired it with BBM, along with Topper, because BBM dries down to a creamy vanilla doll head type scent ( I know, I'm weird af, lol )..

What is BBM? 

OMG, a creamy vanilla doll head type scent sounds soooooooo yummy!

• 2 weeks later...

This one is definitely a fruity sugarbomb on me. I'm not really getting the ginger or cream at all.

This reminds me of making mixed fruit Jello for my dad when I was a kid. It's nostalgic.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 7:10 AM, Kayla said:

Thank you so much! I do actually have a roller bottle of this which I bought a couple of years ago, sadly it does not smell yummy on me, not like a creamy doll head, but sharp and plasticky :( One of the very few LPMPs that don't work on me. Le sigh.

I still love this one so much. The scent + phero is the happy that's needed in my life. I was wearing this to dinner at the hibachi grill and the waiter was very taken with me. Just so focused and attentive. He thought I was waaayyy younger than I am. :lol: I think maybe I stick with an Open Windows scent during dinner time next time. Not that I'm out for dinner much these days. I definitely need a full bottle in the upcoming sale. 

Edited by Beccah

Berry and citrus slut puppy here. This wears on me exactly as it smells straight of the bottle.  This is all that gorgeous fruit-warmed, but not stewed- a wee hint of grated ginger, and fresh lemon curd on top. Absolutely love this!

This one reacts so oddly with my chemistry and ends up being all over the place. I have no idea what to think. 

It starts off with a nice, fun, fruity sweetness. The milk/cream/butter combo often (not always, but often) does this weird thing with my skin chemistry where it ends up smelling like cigarettes. It started doing that, but not to the full extent it sometimes does. The sweetness was still going on,  though. So up close, it was very sort of cigarette-ish. At a middle distance, though, it read as sweetly smoky. But, then, every time I moved, I got fruit! What you doing, body chemistry, what you doing?

I am very confused and may have to get a bottle just because I find it so very inexplicable.

• 1 year later...

This is sweet on my skin, but the sweetnes dissapears quickly, and the berries are then there. Then, after some time, I get that metal smell, I just don't understand from what note. I have the same problem with some almond notes...