Lorien's Blueberry Bomb

Hey all. This is my custom sugared this month and I love it!

On first sniff, wet, it's a real candy blueberry POW-right in the kisser-and that hangs out for a little while during the wet stage. Then the sugar comes out to play, and it's definetly powdered to my nose, though once the descriptions are up, even I will know for sure.

So you have a yummy candied sugary blueberry and that note stays linear throughout the scent, though it does soften up quite a bit as the base notes of French vanilla, lilac and stargazer lily come forth.

The florals are so well blended I can barely detect them, and again once the descriptions come up, I'll see what sort of wizardry was worked here.

But the scent opens up with a real bang and softens down to a delicious blueberry ice cream quality which is exactly what I requested.

I love it, the ladies and the new gentleman have done a bang up job once again! Grazi!

Hours later--amazing staying power here. Still plenty of tasty blueberry vanilla candy scent remains on my skin and I am a happy camper.

The florals are so well blended I can barely detect them

*whew*

:)

Although I do have to say that one of my favorite combos is blueberry and honeysuckle.

Mmm! That sounds goooood Luna! Why haven't you made it? Or did you before my time on the forum?

No, I've never done a custom...Villainess had a soap a few years back called Pieman which was that scent and I really liked it.

I can never make up my mind what I want more in a combo which is why I've yet to order one, heh.

I really really wanna try this one...sounds right up my alley..

But this month...Like each month makes it sooo hard to choose.....argh!! enough to drive anyone without many LP's to go bonkers!!!

You ladies are pure talent!!!

I'm excited by this one and very intrigued. I've ordered a bottle and am eagerly awaiting...:icecream:

• 3 weeks later...

This is quite the blueberry deliciousness!! I'm glad I got a bottle. It's very unique and I love it! :rockon:

For me, this is straight-up blueberry candy. Not like a Jolly Rancher, but one of those candy necklaces, and the beads all smell like blueberry. Almost artificial in a sense, but not in a bad way...it perfectly replicates that scent which then makes my mouth water, expecting a Sweet Tart kind of experience. I can't actually discern any of the floral...this is definitely a little girls' scent, IMO, what a little girl should smell like. But I could also see layering it with something else for a bit more depth.

• 6 months later...

Cheezy said it best--this one hits me like POW blueberry candy when I first put it down, so it's not one to be slathered right away--but the drydown is amazing. It's not just any old blueberry candy that's all sugar and a drop of fruit;this is a really dark, rich blueberry aroma (probably because there are 3 kinds in there!) with the creamiest most delicious vanilla...going on my bottle list, stat. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I bought a bottle of this for my children when I first started using LP scents. I tried this last night. It's so sweet but not as lollipop-sweet as a few other scents I have. Will probably use this under other scents or just let my children finish using this.

Edited by JOC

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered a full bottle of this unsniffed, thinking it would be right up my alley. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on me, I've tried it a bunch of times now and each time it just goes kind of plastic and artificial and soapy. This is the same thing that happened to me with Summertime Blue so I am feeling pretty certain at this point that blueberries just don't work on my skin. I really wanted this to work but I just don't think it's going to for me. Onto the trade thread it goes!

• 7 months later...

Cheezy said it best--this one hits me like POW blueberry candy when I first put it down, so it's not one to be slathered right away--but the drydown is amazing. It's not just any old blueberry candy that's all sugar and a drop of fruit;this is a really dark, rich blueberry aroma (probably because there are 3 kinds in there!) with the creamiest most delicious vanilla...going on my bottle list, stat. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

After reading your review I decided I needed to secure one of these bottles and I just nabbed one from the great LadyV

Edited by dolphindolls2

• 2 months later...

Ok, this is just awesome on me, however I can only use a small amount and I round it out with some BBM but tis really a great Blueberry scent on me, normally Blueberry goes all wonky on me, but that did not happen here... I love how after an hour its got a soft Blueberry patch type of smell, like your in a garden of them...Its really lovely...

Thanks! I think I'm gonna revisit this today and amp up the creaminess with one of my vanillas like you did DD! Thanks for the idea! I think maybe Ail"s Voluptuous Vanilla,OCCO white,or Beths Milkmaid...my Mexican complains about vanilla when its straight up and foody. I still wear it, but today I'm home all day and so is he and I'd enjoy a nice "nap" later... :666:

He likes fruity stuff,so I'll cover my vanilla with Blueberry Bomb!

I'm just very happy that years after making it, people are still enjoying it! That makes me happy. Mara did a great job with this,as with all my PEs.

Cant wait till I can afford to make the next one! :D

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 2 years later...

And two years later, I say THANKS DD!

Geez, this stuff is like a dear old friend. :) I'm wearing it tonight. Something interesting has happened; I don't know what stargazer lily is supposed to smell like, but I feel like there's a distinctly woody note in here now. Smells like cedar, it's quite present too. That, and the baby powder comparison mentioned above, I'm getting it too. Like blueberry candy, dusted with baby powder, in an open cedar chest. Such an odd combination but it smells really nice! I like how this has aged, better than I liked it new! :D

It lasts a really long time too, nice and strong just how I like em. Gonna layer some Sugared Lemons over this and prepare to have my mind blown!